Meeting the Companies - Canadan and JB in Cali

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey THP!

I'm posting from California after day one of a three day 'visit the companies' trip with JB, and I thought it would be fun to get a thread going to share some of the things we're looking into, and maybe open the line for you guys to get some questions flowing in case we can sneak them in with the companies we're yet to meet.

Today was TaylorMade and Aldila.
Tomorrow is Cobra and KBS.
Wednesday will be with Callaway and Nippon.

Also, I had my first In n Out experience today. Should we talk about it?

First question. Does anyone want this awesome Aldila 130 stuff?

e955cf8d161a601f8b37efa6da11ee11.jpg

Hey THP!

I'm posting from California after day one of a three day 'visit the companies' trip with JB, and I thought it would be fun to get a thread going to share some of the things we're looking into, and maybe open the line for you guys to get some questions flowing in case we can sneak them in with the companies we're yet to meet.

Sounds fun! What did you think of in and out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey THP!

TM wedges, namely 50 Hi Toe, aaaaaaaaand go.

TBH, I'm more interested in the driver shaft. :D

Looking forward to following along.

Going rogue and giving away amazing stuff? Must be THP. Is that a battery?

this the mug going to have any tip breakage since it's an Aldila Rogue?

TM wedges, namely 50 Hi Toe, aaaaaaaaand go.

Some cool event planning took place, and we got a sneak peak of some new equipment on the horizon. Surprisingly, wedges and/or hi Toe were not part of the overall conversation (although not too surprising considering what went down yesterday lol).

Hey THP!

I'm guessing you either loved it or thought it was vastly overrated. There's usually no in between!

Love the Swag! Is that a Samsung case? If so, I have a Samsung phone ... just saying :act-up:

Hey THP!

I’m super excited for anything metal wood related coming from Cobra tomorrow. The current line is great.

And in and out is just ok - we don’t need to discuss unless you want to admonish me for that belief.

For Callaway, is there an update to the Big Bertha OS coming in the hollow body iron category or is that line dying with the release of Rogue X in the distance iron category?

Hey THP!

Please tell me you went animal style

Sounds fun! What did you think of in and out
I'm guessing you either loved it or thought it was vastly overrated. There's usually no in between!

haha, I was told to get the burger animal style and the fries destroyed well done.

The burger was good, however my knee jerk reaction was "this is better than a big mac" and I hate a certain someone at TaylorMade for ruining those fries for me.

With Callaway's success of the Rogue, where do they go from here? Are there little tweaks left or are drivers almost maxed out performance wise?

Since you're going to Cobra who are the market leaders in OL very interested to hear:

1. How BDC success has impacted the demand of OL (and what % of iron sales OL are for them)
2. Are there other Tour players who have been testing or interested in trying it out
3. Will they convince JB to bag a set of OL as his next set
4. Are there rumors of other OEM bringing out a set of OL
5. What is the biggest area to improve (I guess mainly trajectory control) to make them even better. Would be very interested what they are thinking for shafts.

I can pass on the In and Out burgers. The swag is cool though.

Aldila was a lot of fun. There was a ton of energy in the room about 130 and how it will be received next month.

I also got to spend some time in their fitting room messing with Quaranta and it was pretty shocking how low I could keep the spin with a 40s (not a typo... that's forty stiff). If you don't know much about that shaft yet, take a look at the 3 minute Thursday with Zane (who is awesome by the way);

I also got to hit a few different shafts with him, which was a trip. I learned a lot about my game and honestly might be dropping the 440cc from the bag as soon as I can in favor of 460. Went from 1.4-1.43 bad swings with my gamer to 1.47 when MISSING. Sneaking up to 1.49 or better with good swings.

Since you're going to Cobra who are the market leaders in OL very interested to hear:

1. How BDC success has impacted the demand of OL (and what % of iron sales OL are for them)
2. Are there other Tour players who have been testing or interested in trying it out
3. Will they convince JB to bag a set of OL as his next set
4. Are there rumors of other OEM bringing out a set of OL
5. What is the biggest area to improve (I guess mainly trajectory control) to make them even better. Would be very interested what they are thinking for shafts.

I can answer #3. Possibly?

Thats some really cool swag. I have Rogues in my C200s, but I guess I shouldn't say I want that since I just got back from a True Temper event :alien:

this the mug going to have any tip breakage since it's an Aldila Rogue?

Strictly extra stiff for cocktails, and if it holds an iced coffee drink (or mocha) you're obligated to hold the whip.

It would look sweet in the cart next to my rogue 130 msi!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Some cool event planning took place, and we got a sneak peak of some new equipment on the horizon. Surprisingly, wedges and/or hi Toe were not part of the overall conversation (although not too surprising considering what went down yesterday lol).

Wait wait wait...event planning took place? With TM? How is this not news for anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back