2016 Hyundai Tournament of Champions Thread (Spoilers)

I don't expect Brooks to do anything for the first half of the season with his new stick. Gmac should be fine as will Rickie
Im hoping Rickie and he usually plays well here. Day, Koepka and Mcdowell are others I'm pulling for. Reed or Walker wouldn't be a surprise.

Im taking Patrick Reed this week and I feel Chris Kirk will top 5 as well

I don't expect Brooks to do anything for the first half of the season with his new stick. Gmac should be fine as will Rickie

I hear ya but I'm hoping it's a quick transition/familiarity period

Im taking Patrick Reed this week and I feel Chris Kirk will top 5 as well

The cold is messing with logic processor. CK may not play well for the next 6 months. Reed is a safe bet!

The cold is messing with logic processor. CK may not play well for the next 6 months. Reed is a safe bet!

Its not that cold yet lol. Just sit back and watch CK do work this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Bubba's game is pretty sharp right now. We'll see.

Its not that cold yet lol. Just sit back and watch CK do work this week

He should have never left Callaway. He has a bell curve with a hole in it to navigate

Why you pickin on my fellow DAWG like that??

For me this starts the PGA Tour season, I know it's already begun, but now it feels like it's finally here, and it's so much fun to watch Hawaii golf, always looks nothing like around here!!

I totally agree with you. Regardless of the tour's effort for a wrap around season, personally, the season will always start with the Tournament of Champions and ends with the Tour Championship. Much like other professional sports, I liked the fact that golf had a season-the sense of renewal and its anticipation. I enjoyed the events of the former silly season like the Wendy's Three Tour challenge or the Skins game.

He sold out, made a mad dash for the money. No his future remains a question mark but I am not sold on this new company. I am a fan of the man just not his choice to leave Callaway.
Why you pickin on my fellow DAWG like that??

ZJ wins again with his new sticks. PXG Boom!

He should have never left Callaway. He has a bell curve with a hole in it to navigate

I agree he should have never left Callaway. I cant wait until the pegs are in the round and golf balls are in the air

He sold out, made a mad dash for the money. No his future remains a question mark but I am not sold on this new company. I am a fan of the man just not his choice to leave Callaway.

His coach who has two PXG'ers on staff has been pleased regarding the numbers aspect( if that matters) I think he plays well this year

I always enjoy watching the leaderboard on this tournament every year because there's a few guys who I'm like, "Wow, I didn't realize they won last year, the top of the leaderboard is that right now:
Kaufman, Grillo, Gomez, totally forget any of them won and surely couldn't tell you which tournaments they did win.

Some solid golf being played right now. Spieth with a pretty good up and down on the par 3 8th after s bad tee shot.

Is rickie fowler wearing high tops and cuffed disco pants? He looks ridiculous.

If anyone can pull it off its him. I kinda like them

Jordan is playing well now that he is hitting FWs (problem early in the round). I love that he and Day among others are there playing instead of avoiding it the way Tiger and Phil did.

I freaking love coming home and having LIVE golf to watch.
I love that the PGA season is under way.
I love Hawaii.
I love cold beer.

Life is good.

That was a long one drained by Sneds.

I hate watching golf when they are playing courses other than par 72. Might just be me and a weird thing to not like but it bothers me lol

I freaking love coming home and having LIVE golf to watch.
I love that the PGA season is under way.
I love Hawaii.
I love cold beer.

Life is good.

Well said. It is kind of comforting to be back watching golf again on TV.

For as good as he is, Jason Day has a relatively poor short game

That one looked pretty good.

Back