Longest drive - Last round

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
By no means am I a long hitter, but every now and then I smack a good one (at least for me). Normally I'm happy if I get a 220 yd drive, but yesterday I somehow managed to get one out in the middle of the FW for 274 yds. That's without the help of any wind or downhill run after the carry. Not too shabby for someone who will be 70 years old in a few months.

My longest drive of the last round on Sunday was right at 285. No wind to help, in fact we had a little side wind going on but not much.
I really do love this driver.

Our fairways are so wet, and only getting wetter as the rain once again continues to fall, that "long drive" seem like an oxymoron.

My Longest drive on Monday was 265. not alot of roll out. I am starting to get the swing with my driver. Right as the season is winding down.

Hit one 290 a couple days ago. Pretty nice for me, especially with things so wet lately and the minimal rollout around here. The Epic head and V2 tour shaft are starting to really agree with my swing.

I don't really measure my drives unless I crank one out there past 285, which hasn't happened recently with the 7 inches of rain we've had this month. I'm guessing my longest on Sunday was 270. I had a poor day off the tee with only 6 of 14 fairways hit but my flat stick saved me and I managed to shoot even par with just one birdie and one eagle.

I don't really measure my drives unless I crank one out there past 285, which hasn't happened recently with the 7 inches of rain we've had this month. I'm guessing my longest on Sunday was 270. I had a poor day off the tee with only 6 of 14 fairways hit but my flat stick saved me and I managed to shoot even par with just one birdie and one eagle.

Having Arccos grips on my clubs makes this easy.

410yd hole #18 it has a downhill slope but it's not drastic. Pull the Epic with Aldila Rogue 130MSI, piped down the middle, 60 out. So...350yds, chipped up and 2 putted.
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

A little 8 mph wind helped this one. Well struck for sure. Didn't hit a good enough wedge shot. Made par.
e6ba18d7baf7cc221620ee6f75ffb5ca.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I should probably track one with this new combo. Redonkulous

By no means am I a long hitter, but every now and then I smack a good one (at least for me). Normally I'm happy if I get a 220 yd drive, but yesterday I somehow managed to get one out in the middle of the FW for 274 yds. That's without the help of any wind or downhill run after the carry. Not too shabby for someone who will be 70 years old in a few months.

Great drive !

Not my longest drive as my course offers some elevation and topography enhanced opportunities for craziness.

But yesterday, my most satisfying as to length was on our #1 handicap hole. 411 yards from the blue tees but plays much longer uphill with prevailing breeze coming right at you.

With a 5 or 6 mph breeze in mug, I teed it a little lower and swung a little harder. GPS verified 272 yards, all carry. For a guy who's been losing distance since '15, I'll sure take that any day.

Last round was basically trash driver-wise. Swing bugs crept back in.

The round prior it was an Arccos measured 285 yarder on a soggy day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Must...stay....away from this thread... lol!

That's a great drive for almost 70 OP. My 62 year old dad put one out over 300 (verified by GPS) earlier this summer. He's never been very long so that was the first 300+ that he's ever hit, at least that was confirmed. He was tickled pink.

Last round I hit one 260ish on a par 4, then thinned my 60yd chip shot over the back of the green. Got up/down for par tho.

329 leaving 272 to the hole...only one of 3 decent drives yesterday...

298 leaving 62 to the hole.

Aww heck, I put up a couple swing videos so I guess can respond here. Conditions were a little wet but I had about 5 mph wind hitting me in the back and I smoked the heck out of it. As I was driving up to it I thought it might have gone in since I didn't see it and I knew I'd spilt the bunkers. I was just long right of the green. This may be off by a couple yards but is a GPS measure of it from the tee box I played and to roughly where the ball was. It's certainly accurate to within 5 yards.

Same hole the round before playing into 10 mph and it was a full 70 yards short of this. I might not have hit it quite as well but it was certainly close to the same strike. Wind is either my friend or my enemy depending on where it's coming from.

Ironically, my longest drive yesterday was with the 3wd. I only hit driver 3 times with yardages of 249, 249, and 227. The 227 caught up in a tree in front of a green ~265 away that I was going for. I was very happy with the swing, the strike, and the ballflight even if the outcome wasn't great. The two 249's were early in the morning and rollout was not great. The first of those two was to an uphill fairway and I was more than happy with the swing, strike, and flight... the 2nd was caught a little thin so I didn't get a great result from it. The longest drive, 250 yards with the 3wd, was just short of a short par 4... maybe 30 yards, but I was happy with it because it was well struck and flew the line I intended. Missed eagle with the pitch by a dimple or two, but it ran too far by for the birdie and I settled for par.

Driver was terrible today. Longest was around 250.

293 yds today, per Game Golf, which is the second longest drive since I've been using it (33 rounds).

287, led to a birdie on a par 5

You all dwarf me. Yeesh. Mine was 270ish today.

Hit a perfect bomb on the 14th hole 290 yards leaving me only 111 to the flag. I pulled my GW and failed to get up and down.:banghead:

Only 236 today.

Back