Thick or Thin - Short Game Miss?

Definitely the fat chunk shot for me...so discouraging

My miss is a thin on chips. It's all about tempo.

I can do either or both on any given hole. It is usually fat though. Especially if it is an elevated green or uphill lie. "If you spell it backwards, it is Flog "

My miss is fat. I think I'd prefer it over thin though in most situations.

I either hit it fat, or fade right.

I'd have to say its more the short stubby miss caused from decelerating, but its tied together with the extra long miss.

You see..........and I think a lot of people do this too but its usually the fear of sending one across and way too far that causes the decelerating in the first place. Similar to what can happen in a bunker too.

And it usually all starts with an inability to get comfy for the shot, Or basically when the feel for the chipping motion is just not with me. I find it strange how one round the feel is there and another round its gone. And is why I must get practicing more and more so the feel can start to be more a second nature instead of searching for it or only hoping I have it that day.

Definitely the fat miss here. Short game needs to come a long way in 2016.

Greenside I would definintely go with thin. Until recetly I was doing quite a bit of fats as well. Then I went back and revisited the lessons of RFC and started using my bounce like I'm supposed to, it has nearly eliminated the tendency to chunk one. Seek the council that is Roger Friggen Cleveland, he is our only hope!

I tend to be fat on the long irons, but thin with the wedges. This weekend, was playing brilliantly (for me) for the most part. But...I tripled both of the par 5s on the front by thinning 50 degree wedges from 100 yds over the green into trouble. Still shot 89. Otherwise my issues to getting to par were with the driver and a couple of long three putts. My irons were pretty well on point all day.

Fat is the most common miss for me. I can do thin also but usually after a fat. Some days are just brutal and some days I chip and pitch pretty good. Focus is everything! Ball position, stance, take away... any mistake on any or all can be very frustrating!

I'm more thick than thin, but anyone can show up depending on the day. I constantly get on myself to accelerate through the shot (or ball) so I don't catch it fat.

Both.

But, really my thin shots are from me hitting fat, but the ground was so hard, that the club bounced up in to the ball.

Jack

Given my miss, my doc prescribed a low fat diet. Since fat shots were bad for golf game and heart.

I am the master of the 2 yard chip when it has to go 5. Have it down to a science.

Thin. Usually caused by stopping the right arm then flipping the hands.

The majority of the time I am too aggressive and go too long in the name of crisp contact and getting it to the hole. I'd say out of 10 misses 7 are long 3 are short (with 1 of those a flat out fatty.)

I'm working on it extra this year I swear. :bulgy-eyes:

Used to be a decel, but I got over that about a year ago. Now it is more of a set up and tempo issue, if i get too quick its going to be thin and no where near the target.

Hitting fat for me.... And it pisses me off lol

Just getting the time to chime in here.

For me it is the deceleration that leads to me leaving a trench that some WWII vets would be proud of.
I know not what to do, but proceed to do it. Mental thing for me, right???

Since I am a digger, my big miss with wedges is always chunky

Back