Big Max Aqua Sport 2 Cart Bag - THP Review Thread

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In for review is the Aqua Sport 2 golf bag from Big Max. It's quite loud in a shiny red, but I kind of like how it stands out.

Here's a quick look at what they are saying about it;

The choice for enthusiastic golfers, who demand nothing less then the best. The AQUA Sport 2 delivers the best waterproof performance in a stylish and colorful package.

This cart bag is 100% waterproof and has sealed seams, as well as a waterproof value pocket. The AQUA Sport 2 further features 7 waterproof easy access apparel pockets, including an oversize cooler pocket and a dedicated battery pocket. The internal transparent rain cover adds further protection to the Drop-Stop system.

And here's some in hand photos;

0904935B-587E-48E9-A6F6-2C76F4479C2D-XL.jpg

3039366D-648F-412E-825E-F859D8627994-XL.jpg

4E3AF26C-18F0-4B87-803C-358A1531DC7A-XL.jpg

50A7F652-5C57-4F6D-82D1-B144041D47DB-XL.jpg

6D8DA3A5-A01E-4C02-8BA8-1F5ECFCB242D-XL.jpg

8EEE8F0D-38F7-4E21-AE8D-AE93A4DB450F-XL.jpg

C0BE1C9B-BAD9-4F7B-86F4-B1321C52196A-XL.jpg

Some great details and features, and of course love that red color!

How big is that cooler pocket?

Some great details and features, and of course love that red color!

How big is that cooler pocket?

I fit a Yeti and a Monster energy drink in it the other day.

Sooooo.... big.

They have been posting a lot about this bag on social media. Love all the features.

Looks good - how much does it weigh?

I actually really like the looks of that. Look forward to your thoughts on it.

Multiple glove velcros are cool.

What is Drop Stop?

Is that a "hidden" bottle pocket on the back side?

Strangely I came across a smaller BigMax stand bag today at a local store. Really liked the look, and intrigued by some of the other BigMax offerings now!

I have been waiting patiently for a review of these bags. Excited to follow along!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's this going @Canadan? Any updates?

Reminds me of a Ping DLX and that’s s good thing.

I had a chance to use it a few times over the last week (and travel with it).

The feedback from others was how good looking it was, which is pretty cool considering bright red can be a polarizing presentation, especially with this kind of material that has a bit of shine to it. And the commentary was fair. The bag checks all the early visual boxes and spreads the clubs out well.

Getting used to the 14+ way top is a bit of an effort for me, as I regularly don't use that style of bag, but it is nice to have everything appropriately spaced and easy to find when I reach in for a club. The best element of the top by far is the putter well, which is plenty big depending on the grip you use, and super easy to access.

The pockets are plentiful, and leaves lots of room for the various items I need for golf. I especially love the overly large cooler pocket, which fits a Yeti AND a monster in it, leaving me hands free when going from car to cart. It doesn't take away from the easy-to-access ball and tee pockets, which are right front and center when attached to the cart.

I was a bit worried about the carry quality after being so used to a smaller stand bag, but I must say as it is built, I didn't mind lugging it a couple hundred feet from car to cart. Strap sits comfortably and I think it's hand neutral so either a righty or a lefty would be given the same comfort.

The feedback from others was how good looking it was, which is pretty cool considering bright red can be a polarizing presentation, especially with this kind of material that has a bit of shine to it. And the commentary was fair. The bag checks all the early visual boxes and spreads the clubs out well.

Getting used to the 14+ way top is a bit of an effort for me, as I regularly don't use that style of bag, but it is nice to have everything appropriately spaced and easy to find when I reach in for a club. The best element of the top by far is the putter well, which is plenty big depending on the grip you use, and super easy to access.

The pockets are plentiful, and leaves lots of room for the various items I need for golf. I especially love the overly large cooler pocket, which fits a Yeti AND a monster in it, leaving me hands free when going from car to cart. It doesn't take away from the easy-to-access ball and tee pockets, which are right front and center when attached to the cart.

I was a bit worried about the carry quality after being so used to a smaller stand bag, but I must say as it is built, I didn't mind lugging it a couple hundred feet from car to cart. Strap sits comfortably and I think it's hand neutral so either a righty or a lefty would be given the same comfort.

Its very Red, Dan.

I’m not sold on the color, or the shine on the bag personally, but I like a lot of what I’m seeing. Looks like a very solid choice.

@Canadan any issues with grips getting hung up on the dividers?

I was one that thought it was great looking. Super functional too, from what I can gather. Like you I do not use a 14 way divider, but have a feeling those that enjoy that would LOVE this bag.

I’m not sold on the color, or the shine on the bag personally, but I like a lot of what I’m seeing. Looks like a very solid choice.

@Canadan any issues with grips getting hung up on the dividers?

None at all.

I was checking it out while we played together this last weekend and really liked it. 14 way is perfect and I love the color. Why not stand out a little bit with your bag. Everybody seems to have black or grey. It would definitely be a bag I would love to own.

None at all.

That’s great to hear. It’s a weak point in a lot of 14 way bags, the grips either get caught/tangled in the dividers or with the other grips. I love seeing bags that don’t have that issue, I like a 14 way top, but finding a good one is tricky.

I was checking it out while we played together this last weekend and really liked it. 14 way is perfect and I love the color. Why not stand out a little bit with your bag. Everybody seems to have black or grey. It would definitely be a bag I would love to own.

I still get compliments on my Bridgestone Master Staff Bag from other Golfers.
Standing out is OK.....

That’s great to hear. It’s a weak point in a lot of 14 way bags, the grips either get caught/tangled in the dividers or with the other grips. I love seeing bags that don’t have that issue, I like a 14 way top, but finding a good one is tricky.

It super aggravating when the clubs get tangled. It is the only thing i don't like on my bag. I am going to take my time in looking for a new one to make sure it has everything i want.

Guessing this is designed for use on powered (non-riding) carts? Never seen a dedicated battery pocket on a golf bag before. I like the color though and definitely appreciate the value of waterproof!

Back