Callaway XR16 Fairway Wood Preview

Big difference to me. More penetrating off the tee with less spin which really has given more distance with the right loft.

I also feel as though they have added forgiveness laterally.

Even the Standard version is much lower spinning than previous offerings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I placed my order for a 14 degree Pro model with the stock X to hold me over till I get a HZRDUS Red but I may change it to the standard model as I forgot the face angle on the Pro is open. I like a square to 1 degree closed look at address. That Pro model is so clean looking though!

I placed my order for a 14 degree Pro model with the stock X to hold me over till I get a HZRDUS Red but I may change it to the standard model as I forgot the face angle on the Pro is open. I like a square to 1 degree closed look at address. That Pro model is so clean looking though!

The 765 x flex should work just fine for you. Definitely not a noodle but still delivers a kick upon impact.

Ok Callaway, any day you want to make these available for pre-order on your website would be nice. Just sayin...

I've got a feeling this club will make an appearance in my bag. The more pics I see, the more I like it.

Love my XR Pro 4 wood a ton. Not sure how they could make it better...but I'm looking forward to giving these a swing! :)

These have me excited, I'll probably revamp the top of my bag with this line. Boy am I glad I didn't jump on the XR 4 wood a few weeks ago!

As I'm not completely satisfied with the performance of my GBB 3w, I will definitely be looking at the XR16 3 Wood.

Looking forward to having these in the bag!
I have a 3 and 5 on the way with Diamana white D+ 80g shafts in X-Flex... if Callaway gets off their asses and builds them...

Just picked one up with speeder 765 TS shaft. Can't wait to get back to hitting golf balls again to try this out

I have the XR16 Pro 4 wood and haven't noticed any difference from my XR Pro it replaced.

Callaway XR16 Fairway Wood Preview

Just picked up a XR16 15 degree head! Hit it this weekend and loved it.

I am hammering mine. Xr16 3w with speeder Evo TS 765 X flex playing at 43". Just a bomber off the tee and relatively easy to elevate off the deck

Nice looking club, specs similar to Aeroburner.

Nice looking club, specs similar to Aeroburner.

Definitely pretty different when you hit them side by side however.

I am hammering mine. Xr16 3w with speeder Evo TS 765 X flex playing at 43". Just a bomber off the tee and relatively easy to elevate off the deck

Good to hear! I think I'm going to play at 42.75 the length of the pro 4W.

Got to hit the standard 3 wd with the Speeder 556. It felt great, nice high flight off the deck, was rolling it passed the 245 yard pole, and seemed really forgiving. I was really impressed and got to get one. Seemed to work much better then the taylormade m2 fairway.

Got to hit the standard 3 wd with the Speeder 556. It felt great, nice high flight off the deck, was rolling it passed the 245 yard pole, and seemed really forgiving. I was really impressed and got to get one. Seemed to work much better then the taylormade m2 fairway.

Thats solid distance. I know THPer ddec is currently reviewing this one and likes it a lot.

Anybody hit the X16 3+ model. It looks like Henrik is playing one.

It's a really solid offering. So easy to elevate off the deck with plenty of power behind it.

It's a really solid offering. So easy to elevate off the deck with plenty of power behind it.

I've got my eyes on this one. You've got the 3W right? Trying to decide whether 3 or 4W would be the way to go.

I've got my eyes on this one. You've got the 3W right? Trying to decide whether 3 or 4W would be the way to go.

Yes I have the 3.

Will get a new-to-me XR16 Pro 4 wood in my hands, tomorrow. Looking forward to pitting it against my D200 and G30 3 woods to see which has best overall performance (off the tee and off the deck).

I chose the 3w and while I do wish it had a little more height off the deck, there is nothing wrong with the height I am seeing off the tee. I would say depending on what you're looking for (distance vs. height) from the deck, you'll be happy with either choice.

Anybody hit the X16 3+ model. It looks like Henrik is playing one.

I have the 3W (15 degree) that I got cut down to 42.75 inches, which is the length of the XR16 16 degree pro. Have yet to hit it but headed to Top Golf this evening so might give it a spin.

Back