RTJ Oxmoor Valley or Silver Lake?

Silver Lakes is my favorite and is always great shape of all the trail.

Ross Bridge is easy and nice, but not worth the money.

Yeah, I'm generally a 90's shooter, but I played Oxmoor Valley (Valley course) last week for the first time in a year and shot 110 or something. My tee game is in shambles right now and those greens are complex and fast so you have to get your approach shot close. I had 40 putts and I generally putt in the low 30s.

So, interested in playing Sunday? There are several Tee times between 10:00 and 11:00

How did your round go?

How did your round go?
Not too bad. I was paired two other guys, we had a good time.

They overseeded a week or two ago, and I don't think they have mowed the tee boxes or the fairway since then. It was a bit shaggy, and a bit soggy in places. It was fun regardless.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not too bad. I was paired two other guys, we had a good time.

They overseeded a week or two ago, and I don't think they have mowed the tee boxes or the fairway since then. It was a bit shaggy, and a bit soggy in places. It was fun regardless.

Interesting. I played there two weeks ago and the fairways were nice, but the tee boxes were pretty thick. They have been doing a bunch of improvements though, but mostly on the Ridge course. I hate when they pair me with people, but I understand why they do it. There was a time when I would buy back-to-back tee times to avoid it.

Interesting. I played there two weeks ago and the fairways were nice, but the tee boxes were pretty thick. They have been doing a bunch of improvements though, but mostly on the Ridge course. I hate when they pair me with people, but I understand why they do it. There was a time when I would buy back-to-back tee times to avoid it.
Im sure the rain last week also had an affect. The 2 guys I was paired with were cool, we had a good time, and our skill levels were similar too

Which course did you play at Oxmoor Valley?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play those three courses (OV Ridge, OV Valley, RB) on a pretty consistent rotation.

My favorite is actually OV Ridge. Setup is just something else. OV is just as undulating, but less scenic... felt more "uphill" than Ridge.

Practice area (for both courses... it's the same) is nice, the range is like hitting down a mountain, gives you a sample of what the course is going to feel like. Hard to judge distances.

Never played their short course.

Most times I've been the personnel presence is underwhelming. No starter. Just pay and grab some cart. And head off following the sign. The clubhouse is beautiful, very relaxing, grill customer service is mediocre. But nice bar area to watch TV, more country club like feel expanding the entirety.

Ross Bridge is nice. It is more of a "resort" course with an "all inclusive" type feel. Practice green is nice. The range is kind of the opposite of OV, it's more of an uphill type setup with flags and bunkers and what not to simulate hitting at pins. And there is a big annoying flagpole in the middle. The course is PRISTINE. Not as scenic as OV... never felt secluded like it was just me and my game like at OV. Bring your driver, this course is long long long. More wide open than OV, the length lends leniency to wider holes. I don't spend much time hanging around once I'm done though, the clubhouse is like a hotel.

I have to be in a special mood for punishment to make the longer drive out to RB for a more expensive round that stretches my driver, and is a less scenic and welcoming environment. But in terms of set up and upkeep and experience it is world class.

OV is a phenomenal course, not world class, but definitely shows its efforts to be one. It's my preferred choice.

Back