Not open for further replies.

blugold

Autobots, ROLL OUT!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited:
Nice Blu. Did Chest and Tris again today. Followed your routine you suggested and when I left my chest and triceps were burning.

Thanks for the advice.

Over the past few weeks with your guys recommendation of adding in the overhead press I'm really enjoying it and not using any push from my legs to get the bar up. What is a good goal to set for weight with reps in relation to your body weight.

The best goal is whatever is obtainable in the near future. I think a 150lb press is a good place to start. Then 200lb. Then 225lb. etc.

I need to hop on board with this and get myself back to the gym. I made many excuses over the last year with the twins but those stop now. I really can only go twice a week but I want to make those count as much as I can.

I need to hop on board with this and get myself back to the gym. I made many excuses over the last year with the twins but those stop now. I really can only go twice a week but I want to make those count as much as I can.

Twice a week is better than zero! Get after it man

I'm planning on posting a little bit here in 2016. I will lose 30 pounds in 2016. Not "planning" on it. Not "hoping" for it. Not "working towards" it. I will lose 30 pounds. That may not be where I stay (gotta find that happy spot where I can balance life, health, and fitness), but it won't be far off of that, I think.

Nice Blu. Did Chest and Tris again today. Followed your routine you suggested and when I left my chest and triceps were burning.

Thanks for the advice.

You're welcome.

Now, because I train, I do not exercise, I like to program my lifts for increased capability. With that said, with a typical split like that, we have two choices for the next time you're in the gym working chest and tris. Either add weight, add reps/sets, or both.

This is what I would recommend.

What you did today:
Bench Press- 3X5 (give it hell!)
Dumbbell 60° Incline Bench- 3X8 (focus on huge range of motion)
Lying Tricep Extensions 3x12 (not skull crushers, it's important to hit all three heads of the tricep)
Diamond Push-ups 3xAMAP
Standing Cable Face Pull 3x15 (for shoulder health)

What I recommend for the next time you're in the gym:
Bench Press- 3X5 + 5lbs.
Dumbbell 60° Incline Bench- 2X8 at today's weight; 2x6 +5lbs
Lying Tricep Extensions 1x12 at today's weight; 2x12 + 5lbs
Diamond Push-ups 3xAMAP
Standing Cable Face Pull 3x12 + 2.5 lbs.

I'm not trying to be patronizing with this question, do you see what I did there?

I absolutely do. I appreciate the advice. Is that something I want to try and incorporate to each day? Legs, Bi's and Back, Chest and Tris, Shoulders and Forearms?

Today's workout is 1 min all out with 5 second rest between exercises and 2 minute break between round. 3 rounds

Double unders
Push ups
Sit ups
Burpees
Bear Crawls.

doable. 2 days a week is more than enough.

The best goal is whatever is obtainable in the near future. I think a 150lb press is a good place to start. Then 200lb. Then 225lb. etc.

I have a long way to.

I absolutely do. I appreciate the advice. Is that something I want to try and incorporate to each day? Legs, Bi's and Back, Chest and Tris, Shoulders and Forearms?

Similar principles. But each day will require a little different consideration. Primarily, the "big lifts", squats - bench press - press - deadlift, will require different consideration. For example, I think you mentioned you can't really deadlift at your gym, is that true?

I have a long way to.

It's not a sprint. It's a Frodo like journey. Long, treacherous, dangerous, through fire and ice. But you will get there.

Similar principles. But each day will require a little different consideration. Primarily, the "big lifts", squats - bench press - press - deadlift, will require different consideration. For example, I think you mentioned you can't really deadlift at your gym, is that true?

That is correct. Nowhere to do it really. It isn't a huge area of freeweights nowhere that I will have enough room to DL unfortunately.

That is correct. Nowhere to do it really. It isn't a huge area of freeweights nowhere that I will have enough room to DL unfortunately.

that's really unfortunate. Is there a squat rack or power rack in the gym?

that's really unfortunate. Is there a squat rack or power rack in the gym?

I mean we have a rack that you can bench/squat on, but there is one of those stupid smith machines right behind it. There really isn't any room for me to setup for deadlifts.

I mean we have a rack that you can bench/squat on, but there is one of those stupid smith machines right behind it. There really isn't any room for me to setup for deadlifts.

Are you still in Kansas City?

There's got to be a gym locally that has a deadlift area.

I am sure there are plenty, the issue is with my unpredictable travel schedule it isn't easy for me to commit the monthly fees knowing some months I may get to go twice. I live out of hotel gyms mostly, just lucky to have a nice lull in my travel.

I am looking to change careers in the relatively new future, and no travel will be a big requirement for me, so when that happens, you better believe I will get back to DL's. I loved them in high school and college.

I am sure there are plenty, the issue is with my unpredictable travel schedule it isn't easy for me to commit the monthly fees knowing some months I may get to go twice. I live out of hotel gyms mostly, just lucky to have a nice lull in my travel.

I am looking to change careers in the relatively new future, and no travel will be a big requirement for me, so when that happens, you better believe I will get back to DL's. I loved them in high school and college.
We can make do for the short term. instead of deadlifts, Romanian Deadlifts in the power rack will work.

Did a killer bodyweight workout last night. I really love this workout, but at the same time I hate it because it's pretty tough haha. I'm sweating hard and breathing heavy by the time I'm done. I think I'm going to add a few exercises next time though and maybe take one or two out to get some variety and keep the progress going.

All sets done until I can't do any more.

Upper body
Spiderman pushups
Leaping frogs
Left and Right Helicopters
Hindu pushups
Heart pushups
Chin ups
Wide grip pull ups

Lower body
Squats
Karate Squats
Hindu Squats
Bear Squats
Catcher Squats

Abs
Left and right planks (as long as I can hold)
Flutter kicks

Full body
Grasshoppers
Left/right Gracies

That's great we have new thread, that means a lot of people used the last one.

Last nights crossfit was decent.

We did 4x8 sets of Romanian Deadlifts and 4x3 each side of Turkish Getups

Then with partner we did Ground to Overhead Dumbbell thrusters for 5 minutes alternating every 5 reps

Then AMAP 24" box jumps in 3 minutes alternating every 5 jumps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay new beginning! Hope everyone sticks with it and hits their goals, including me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back