Alpine Golf Course Bangkok

jonathanliewys

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi THPers,

New here but I thought I share with you my experiences of courses in Asia starting with this one.

Recently I had the chance to play Alpine Golf Course in Bangkok.

Here a description. "The Alpine Golf Club in Bangkok is one of the top golf courses in Thailand which has often hosted some top class events including the 2000 Johnnie Walker Classic which was won by Tiger Woods. Designed by the world-famous Ronald M. Garl this is a superbly designed course that will require you to be on top of your game if you are to score well. The heavily contoured fairways means there are few level lies and many of the greens slope away from you making it difficult to hold your approach."

Being a high handicapper, my largest concern was will I be able to hold my own and not cave under pressure, losing balls in the process. Fortunately, they had a grass driving range to warm up and practice before tee off (grass is a luxury to have in Asia).

This 18 hole course contains a lot of water and some dog legs that require to cross water as you approach the flag. A good challenging experience while you rewarded with nice views as you continue hole by hole. The greens were rated 10, but reality felt like 14 to 16.

5ee8af2a95aa995b8682d1f1825486db.jpg

I finished my day 111 or 39 over but I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of being in a PGA tournament rated course.

6886377e6be884007e78e1f8862ad46b.png

The only thing about this course is that the cow grass was very thick and you had to give a good whack at it to penetrate through your shots.

Bunker conditions were pristine, chipping here requires some prior practice and feel. I personally felt it was alright, but some friends struggle (could be due to maintenance which was ongoing).

Caddies were alright and professional. Mine was a more serious and strict in terms of getting things going. Mates one was good in reading the line and spotting.

2df2b3b57e12120dda6be1bcbf4138c6.jpg
"

This is my scoring of the course

Condition : 5
Facilities : 5
Caddie knowledge : 4
Pace of play : 5
Service : 5

Overall it was 24 out of 25 for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back