THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

If i get selected, I'll be proudly on the first tee with driver in hand!

Are you guaranteeing fairway? I look forward to those who think three wood is a better plan.

Edit; PhillyVP beat me to it hahahaha

Nah, no guarantees in golf. Certainly not with my driver haha

Thats a long hole to start without a driver off the tee for sure. With the formats short of a top theres 0 reason not to

I don't know Mike depending on which tee we play from it is possible to drive past that first fairway and into the rough which can be pretty nasty down there especially if it's wet.

I don't know Mike depending on which tee we play from it is possible to drive past that first fairway and into the rough which can be pretty nasty down there especially if it's wet.
#gunnerlong

It'll be funny to see how many don't pull driver on the first tee. Happens at damn near every event.
It never works. Trust me. Haha

I can say without a doubt my driver won't be pulled on the first hole. Its my worst club and I am just as long with my three wood since I don't typically slice the 3w.
What's the old saying? Drive for show, putt for dough.

Uh huh :)

You and jspangs can lay up then

Just catching up. Who would I want to play from Michigan? Haven't met any of em yet, I'd play any. Put me on with Michigan Slice so we could swap Grandaddy stories. Or 2012 BFT so we could pull out driver on the first hole and make a friendly bet on hitting the fairway.

I'm pulling driver on the first hole. #75mphclubheadspeed = 150 dead straight

If you are going to pull driver on the first hole just do a happy Gilmore swing again.

I don't think I've ever hit the fairway on the first fairway of an official THP event...maybe that time has come for some change.

Those must be your unofficial league numbers, but this is the Internet shouldn't those be much much higher?

Those must be your unofficial league numbers, but this is the Internet shouldn't those be much much higher?

On average. Through my courses system so add a couple to it for reality

That's a great plan BFT. Might even see a few guys hit through the first section of fairway (into safe rough)

This is what I was thinking. I think a couple of us drove through it last year didn't we?

(Also, I may not be available for the event, but practice rounds, I'm down)

Any truth to the rumor that 441 said he can be bribed with PEDs?
I can neither confirm nor deny my stock pile of PEDs for team Ohio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I can neither confirm nor deny my stock pile of PEDs for team Ohio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
I've always suspected you Ohioans.

Put in some solid putting work today. Plan on getting back into some swings by this weekend. Can't wait for sign ups and such after the PGA Show.

I look forward to signups as well.

Wondering if THP selects first or the Captains?
(May have been discussed bit I've forgotten it if it has)

Agreed signups can't come soon enough! I'm ready put me in captain!

I look forward to signups as well.

Wondering if THP selects first or the Captains?
(May have been discussed bit I've forgotten it if it has)

Contests first for 4 of the picks, then captains pick final 3

Since this is a team event you will most likely be relying heavily on your teammate during this event. So I ask you these questions...

What type of teammate do you think pairs well with your game?

We know we will be playing 36 holes. Do you prefer to play with a different teammate for the second 18 or do you think playing with the same teammate all day is more effective?

What type of teammate do you think pairs well with your game? First off, I just want to partner with someone who is looking to have as much fun as possible. Secondly, I think someone that is a master on the greens would be perfect. Any help readying/ predicting putts is always a huge advantage!

We know we will be playing 36 holes. Do you prefer to play with a different teammate for the second 18 or do you think playing with the same teammate all day is more effective? Honestly, I think it would be fun either way. I like getting to know your partners style and abilities for the long haul... but I also think that changing would be fun too because then you get to know someones else better and create a new bond.

However this events setup shakes out, I know it will be unbelievably awesome so I just keep hoping I make the squad!!!

Since this is a team event you will most likely be relying heavily on your teammate during this event. So I ask you these questions...

What type of teammate do you think pairs well with your game?

We know we will be playing 36 holes. Do you prefer to play with a different teammate for the second 18 or do you think playing with the same teammate all day is more effective?

Good questions!

For a teammate, it depends on the format, but for me I think their disposition can be more important than how our games match up. I like to talk out shots, have the music going, laugh, talk to my ball on occasion, basically I'm not such a quiet golfer, and it's nice when a teammate is the same way.

I like to play with someone else on a second 18, as I have more fun meeting and playing with different people, but if you're on a roll with a morning teammate, I would try to capitalize on that in the afternoon. I think in this case both pairings are being selected the night before so I'd lean towards a different partner.

Back