The Powerball and Mega Millions Wanna win it thread

The Powerball and Mega Millions Wanna win it thread

I guess since no one hit, we can day dream again until Saturday. Did I hear the jackpot was $650M for Saturday? My guess is it'll be closer to $700M or higher by then.

I thought I saw 675 on the sign I pass for work every day. But maybe I'm mixing up the ends of the power ball and the Ohio lottery

$675 million is the number for Saturday. Guess I'll finally get some tickets.

No winner? Damnit, I guess I'm going to work today after all.

I thought I saw 675 on the sign I pass for work every day. But maybe I'm mixing up the ends of the power ball and the Ohio lottery

That could be. I heard it on the radio on my way into work and was still half asleep.

Officially at 700 million now. That's a lot of money.

I wouldn't complain, but I don't need that much. Give me just 1 cool million and I'll be happy.

I wouldn't complain, but I don't need that much. Give me just 1 cool million and I'll be happy.

If I win.
You'll be a millionaire!

BTW... THP lottery pool? Lol

LOL I saw that on Facebook.

The best part is he is 100% serious.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I had the power ball right, just had the other five wrong. $4 winner, was hoping for a tad more!

Now at 800 million....holy cow.

That is a crazy high number. Cash option at $496 million... Half a billion dollar cash option! Granted, for me that would end up somewhere around $280 million after taxes. Yeah, I could probably be comfortable with that.

Holy shat!!! That's a lot of cash. You can bet I'll be grabbing me a couple lines for the drawing. I'd be ok with splitting the jackpot with another winner. I mean, I don't want to be too greedy.

That is a crazy high number. Cash option at $496 million... Half a billion dollar cash option! Granted, for me that would end up somewhere around $280 million after taxes. Yeah, I could probably be comfortable with that.

I'd take 280 million in my hands in a heartbeat.

What's the other option? Paid out yearly? At what?

I believe it would be the full $800M over a 30 year period. I think that's how I read the rules. So what ever that equates to. Just shy of $26.7M a year, if my math is correct.

The jackpot - won by matching all five white balls in any order and the red Powerball - is either an annuitized prize paid out over 29 years (30 payments counting the first immediate payment) or a cash lump sum payment. If you choose the cash, then you get the cash, pay the tax, and can invest what is left over. If you choose the annuity, then we can invest the cash amount pre-tax, less an immediate first payment (more to invest means more earnings). With the annuity, you get an annual payment that is increased by 5% each year to keep up with the cost of living.

I believe it would be the full $800M over a 30 year period. I think that's how I read the rules. So what ever that equates to. Just shy of $26.7M a year, if my math is correct.

With the tax destruction, it's still over 15 million a year, right?

I'd probably go with that option. I wouldn't even know what to do with a 15 million dollar payout let along a 500 million dollar payout.

I'd be pretty happy with some powerball swag. Might have to buy the wife and I a ticket just for fun.

With the tax destruction, it's still over 15 million a year, right?

I'd probably go with that option. I wouldn't even know what to do with a 15 million dollar payout let along a 500 million dollar payout.

I'd say it's still probably over $15M a year. I mean, I guess I could find a way to live on that, but I do have a kid at home I need to feed. LOL

But think of all the sparkly things you could buy your wife and all the shiny things you could buy yourself with $500M.

I think I would take the lump sum and just start investing. I don't usually buy tickets, but I feel like I should this time around. Cannot win if you don't play.

Back