The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he's gone for good.

I saw something about DMC around week 15 or 16 that if you took what he's done as a starter and projected that to 16 games he would have been a top 2 running back in the league. He had a good year coming out of nowhere, probably can't count on that next season. Dunbar hopefully can be back healthy. It's why I was praying last year that Gurley would fall to them in the draft.

Dunbar was GREATLY missed after the flash's he showed in game 1 and 2. Hope he can come back and start that over again. Finally figured out how to use him properly.

For all the crap the O line got this year for not being up to par, having the 4th rusher in the league was surprising. Now if they could just get better at pass protecting!

Cleveland has to be the worst job out there. Could you imagine working for a failed MLB analytics guy who has a reputation for having poor interpersonal skills (one description - you could walk into a room and not know he's there...he blends into the wallpaper)?

I hope he's gone for good.

I saw something about DMC around week 15 or 16 that if you took what he's done as a starter and projected that to 16 games he would have been a top 2 running back in the league. He had a good year coming out of nowhere, probably can't count on that next season. Dunbar hopefully can be back healthy. It's why I was praying last year that Gurley would fall to them in the draft.

Dunbar was GREATLY missed after the flash's he showed in game 1 and 2. Hope he can come back and start that over again. Finally figured out how to use him properly.

For all the crap the O line got this year for not being up to par, having the 4th rusher in the league was surprising. Now if they could just get better at pass protecting!

Your team will be fine at RB next year when Lamar Miller leaves Miami to sign with the Cowboys. #justwatch

Your team will be fine at RB next year when Lamar Miller leaves Miami to sign with the Cowboys. #justwatch

I don't know if we can keep counting and relying on getting other teams hand me downs?!

They're already talking about the OC stepping into the HC role in Tampa on ESPN.
Interesting to hear about his relationship with Winston and that maybe being a factor in this move. QBs do rule the league!

Interesting to hear about his relationship with Winston and that maybe being a factor in this move. QBs do rule the league!

Seems to be the driving factor, that and other teams flirting with the OC. They're putting a lot of faith in Winston with this move if that turns out to be the case.

Seems to be the driving factor, that and other teams flirting with the OC. They're putting a lot of faith in Winston with this move if that turns out to be the case.

I say go all in on Winston. He has shown enough to make him the face of franchise. Kid had a decent year with not much in way of WR with all the drop and injuries. if they were indeed going to lose the OC then I like the move. I liked what he did the offense this year. I haven't seen a QB play well in TB in quite a while.

The Rams are trending the right way. Arizona looks built to be good for a while and Seattle seems to find a way every year.

Wouldn't you rather go coach the Eagles or Giants in that garbage division?
The Niners are decimated but they have a couple of quality coaches begging to take over. If Jed grew a pair and canned Baalke they could let Holmgren build and draft around Gabbert. At least he can build a true offense west coast style and compete in that freakishly tough division. Chip Kelly would be a bust. Gruden is a Holmgren disciple but he likes his gig at ESPN.

The Niners are decimated but they have a couple of quality coaches begging to take over. If Jed grew a pair and canned Baalke they could let Holmgren build and draft around Gabbert. At least he can build a true offense west coast style and compete in that freakishly tough division. Chip Kelly would be a bust. Gruden is a Holmgren disciple but he likes his gig at ESPN.

Which quality coaches are you talking about? Mangini? Sparano? Rathman? Based on Yorks and Baalke's comments they're not even looking in-house and I suspect whomever they end up with is going to can just about everyone. I hope they don't get Kelly, but I think Hue Jackson could work out well. I know Holmgren is a 'Bay Area Legend', and has been a successful coach, but his tenures when he was making personnel decisions weren't that successful. As far as Baalke goes, I think if the Niners end up any worse than 8-8 next season he's gone for sure regardless of his contract extension. I think my beloved 49ers are going to be bringing up the rear of the NFC West for another couple seasons at least. The turnaround they made with Harbaugh was largely because they had a stable of 1st round talent, and that turned into a solid 3 year run.

Which quality coaches are you talking about? Mangini? Sparano? Rathman? Based on Yorks and Baalke's comments they're not even looking in-house and I suspect whomever they end up with is going to can just about everyone. I hope they don't get Kelly, but I think Hue Jackson could work out well. I know Holmgren is a 'Bay Area Legend', and has been a successful coach, but his tenures when he was making personnel decisions weren't that successful. As far as Baalke goes, I think if the Niners end up any worse than 8-8 next season he's gone for sure regardless of his contract extension. I think my beloved 49ers are going to be bringing up the rear of the NFC West for another couple seasons at least. The turnaround they made with Harbaugh was largely because they had a stable of 1st round talent, and that turned into a solid 3 year run.
I mentioned 3 but I'll throw in Shannihan, Jim Mora Jr and now Lovie into the mix. Also....Holmgren is a genius when it comes to developing quarterbacks. Guys like Favre and Hasselbeck.

I mentioned 3 but I'll throw in Shannihan, Jim Mora Jr and now Lovie into the mix. Also....Holmgren is a genius when it comes to developing quarterbacks. Guys like Favre and Hasselbeck.
Please no on all 3 of those. If they get Lovie, I'm done. They'll prove they're as dumb as they look

They need go after Shaw at Stanford IMO. Last Stanford guy seemed to do alright

Please no on all 3 of those. If they get Lovie, I'm done. They'll prove they're as dumb as they look

Given how terrible they were offensively my money is on an offensive minded coach. Shaw would be good, but given what happened to Harbaugh do you really think he'd give the organization a chance? I don't think he would and I don't think York could pay him enough to leave Stanford.

From my somewhat lay person perspective it seems like a really bad plan to force young quarterbacks to continuously learn new systems. Yet it appears it may be happening to the 1st two picks in the last draft.

As a Cal fan I would love it if that happened. But I happened to hear a radio broadcast earlier in the week which discussed how Shaw isn't interested in the NFL. It sounded legit.

Given how terrible they were offensively my money is on an offensive minded coach. Shaw would be good, but given what happened to Harbaugh do you really think he'd give the organization a chance? I don't think he would and I don't think York could pay him enough to leave Stanford.
Nope, I don't think he'll go either but I hope they try. None of it matters until Baalke is gone. His personnel decisions have been terrible. I'm sure you've seen the reports that he's been going over coaches heads and coaching players during practice as well. That says volumes to me that he doesn't trust who he is hiring

Nope, I don't think he'll go either but I hope they try. None of it matters until Baalke is gone. His personnel decisions have been terrible. I'm sure you've seen the reports that he's been going over coaches heads and coaching players during practice as well. That says volumes to me that he doesn't trust who he is hiring

Baalke seems to have somehow made himself 'indispensable' despite the lack of production from a lot of the picks. York seemed to strike a completely different tone this time around and I think if there's not marked improvement this season Baalke will be gone. If he's not, it's fair to say he'll be safe regardless of what happens.

As far as the coaches go, I'm hoping they get Hue Jackson. I get Holmgren and Shanahan develop QBs but they're out of jobs for a reason. They would be better choices than Chip Kelly and I'd be surprised if one of them actually got the job. On top of that, QB is a mess for the Niners right now. Gabbert was serviceable but it's not guaranteed Kaep is gone. All the pundits seem to think they'll go QB at #7 but Baalke's history says otherwise. The bigger issue is that sieve of an o-line.

All that said, GO NINERS

I like the defensive coordinator hire in Indy. Monachino has developed some LBs!!! Something that Indianapolis desperately needs.

All of which makes it more surprising that Gus Bradley gets another year in Jax. But the team was a mess when the new regime took over. I don't think the proverbial clock began ticking until after year two. So this was his first season that counted in a way. In a way it is refreshing to see an owner be willing to have long-term vision.

All of which makes it more surprising that Gus Bradley gets another year in Jax. But the team was a mess when the new regime took over. I don't think the proverbial clock began ticking until after year two. So this was his first season that counted in a way. In a way it is refreshing to see an owner be willing to have long-term vision.

Or how about Jeff Fisher in STL (LA)? They've been subpar every year he's been the coach. The Jags at least look like they're trending in the right direction and I wouldn't be surprised if they turned the corner next season!

Or how about Jeff Fisher in STL (LA)? They've been subpar every year he's been the coach. The Jags at least look like they're trending in the right direction and I wouldn't be surprised if they turned the corner next season!

Subpar? Sure, I think they could've done better yet I don't think many expected much from the Rams. Potential is there fo sho but until they're settled at QB I don't think there is much pressure on him.

Subpar? Sure, I think they could've done better yet I don't think many expected much from the Rams. Potential is there fo sho but until they're settled at QB I don't think there is much pressure on him.

I recall hearing about their potential during the off season, but clearly that didn't come to fruition. As far as Fisher goes though, 7-8-1, 6-10, 7-9 and 7-9 in his first 4 years in STL (LA). The owner and GM must be awfully patient because his job seems secure.

I recall hearing about their potential during the off season, but clearly that didn't come to fruition. As far as Fisher goes though, 7-8-1, 6-10, 7-9 and 7-9 in his first 4 years in STL (LA). The owner and GM must be awfully patient because his job seems secure.

He has injury prone Bradford and then Foley who doesn't finish the season and he wins inside the division. He might not be the right guy but there is no reason to assume he isn't yet.

To be fair to Fisher, it's more the players playing to the competition on a lot of those losses. They did have some really good win, 2 wins against Seattle and 1 against the Cardinals. They did lose against some good teams that were close games also but had some loss against bad teams. They also play in arguably the toughest division in football over the last 4 years. The framework is there, they just need a couple of offensive weapons, QB mainly.

He has injury prone Bradford and then Foley who doesn't finish the season and he wins inside the division. He might not be the right guy but there is no reason to assume he isn't yet.

That's a good point about the division wins. They weren't too shabby at home, either. That defense was downright nasty at times, and they honestly seem to be a couple players away on offense to having it all put together which is probably why he's staying put.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back