2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I envision a 175lb lean, mean, birdie machine. Better not let me down. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The 175 would be an interesting weight since I'm at 165 with a good portions of body fat being in the mid/low abs...so that would be some serious muscle gains and body transformation. I would take a birdie machine at any weight. Goal is to drop the body fat.

Start working out regularly, keep a good eye on your food intake, and I have a feeling you'll end up with some weight gain along with the fat loss.
The 175 would be an interesting weight since I'm at 165 with a good portions of body fat being in the mid/low abs...so that would be some serious muscle gains and body transformation. I would take a birdie machine at any weight. Goal is to drop the body fat.

Started back to the gym this week, now to get my diet in order. I have some pretty good meal plans for lunch and dinner, but I need more variety for breakfast, anyone have any favorites for breakfast besides oatmeal?

Here is a typical breakfast for me. Think it is about 30g of protein. The low carb tortillas for the breakfast tacos are pretty good, and actually have quite a bit of fiber. I put the pesto in there to cut the egg taste. A good salsa is also good.

56b7e23a8c95fb92a58a53e3dbddd3e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down 4 lbs first week. Feel great and also picked up some Oh Yeah bars to try.

Probably ought to stear clear of the Oh Yeah bars. They have quite a bit of sugar and there are better choices. The best are Quest bars. If you like peanut butter, get the double chocolate and put a little natural peanut butter on it. Makes your own Reese's, and much better for you.

Probably ought to stear clear of the Oh Yeah bars. They have quite a bit of sugar and there are better choices. The best are Quest bars. If you like peanut butter, get the double chocolate and put a little natural peanut butter on it. Makes your own Reese's, and much better for you.

They make some that are 1 gram

They make some that are 1 gram
Must have some new ones out I have not seen. I used to buy them and liked them. When I asked a trainer and a health store guy about them they both had the same response. Basically a candy bar with some protein added. So I started buying the Quest bars. They have been a great snack for my diabetic daughter also.

Start working out regularly, keep a good eye on your food intake, and I have a feeling you'll end up with some weight gain along with the fat loss.

We shall see what happens. It's a 16 week nutritional program.

Try colonics...you can remove 10-20+++ pounds of debris, clean your plumbing of 26 ft, lose 2-3 belt clicks, get more nutrition absorption...be in the zone!, feel younger, be more flexible, remove back pain, toxins and have a well being of the younger years...do you have the guts to do it!

Points of interest: John Wayne had 50lbs of old crap...Elvis had 75lbs! More blood vessels go out of the colon than blood vessels out of the lungs supplying O2 to the body...each go to a different part of the body. So if corners are blocked and general area caked in debris - how is your body working, optimum...NOT!

Livestrong isn't exactly a source of truth

HEY! I'd bet one of my....wait, no, no I would't.

To each their own, but if losing weight were as easy as a colonic, everyone would be doing it.

To each their own, but if losing weight were as easy as a colonic, everyone would be doing it.

I wish it was that easy... Takes a lot of hard work

Everyone does do it, they are called ufc fighters or anyone in a desperate attempt to make a last minute weigh in. That's about it hahaha! it's waste and water unless somehow fat just gets flushed right out haha

I will never say I know anything about losing weight. The only weight cutting I ever did was for wrestling, and I will tell you I didn't do it the right way.

But I've have watched my wife completely change her lifestyle and she has now lost 120 lbs. I can honestly say that I'm so proud of what she has done. And standing on the side watching I can say there is nothing easy about it.

2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Last night was Mr V's company party, and I'm super afraid I indulged a bit too much. My WW plan allows me to save up "extra" points for such thing but I'm sure the 4 captain & ginger ale's didn't help either. I was thinking about getting on the scale this AM just to see how much damage I did but I know I will just get too upset. Instead, taking my energy to the gym today and have a goal to do 15 miles on the bike and 5 on the treadmill.

I have some sort of determination this time, to actually do this. And no one is stopping me. (Even if I drank a bit too much last night; and those damn mashed potatoes were SO GOOD)

Kortney, those days happen, the benefit to WW is that they also understand that they will happen unlike a lot of other plans. You had a good night you and that big lug of yours deserved and now you just move on. You've been killing it and it's motivating as hell to read, one night won't derail you.

Last night was Mr V's company party, and I'm super afraid I indulged a bit too much. My WW plan allows me to save up "extra" points for such thing but I'm sure the 4 captain & ginger ale's didn't help either. I was thinking about getting on the scale this AM just to see how much damage I did but I know I will just get too upset. Instead, taking my energy to the gym today and have a goal to do 15 miles on the bike and 5 on the treadmill.

I have some sort of determination this time, to actually do this. And no one is stopping me. (Even if I drank a bit too much last night; and those damn mashed potatoes were SO GOOD)

Everybody has these days but they are infrequent. The biggest difference now is the attitude change for things like you said today its off to the gym. A pound here or there after 1 bad day when the overall result is loss isn't a problem. It's no different then holiday eating. Just have to get back on the routine.

Kortney, as we both know, we didn't gain all this weight in one day! It's okay to have a day like this, but your resolve to get back on the wagon is what will lead to your long term success!

I'm at at all time high weight after too much holiday cheer and a lack of exercise. The only way for me to shed weight quickly now that I'm 50 is to get on my road bike 4-5 days a week so I'm starting that today. I can drop about 4-5 pounds a week if I do that and watch what I eat.

Kortney, as we both know, we didn't gain all this weight in one day! It's okay to have a day like this, but your resolve to get back on the wagon is what will lead to your long term success!

You are so right. I gained about 100lbs over a 10 year span. With 2 babies, a marriage, lots of beer and fast food in between. I'm determined to lose it faster

A cheat meal won't kill you Kortney. Just go take care of it today and use it as motivation

In the program I did, their take was not only that cheat meals are OK, but that you need them to stay on track. When I'm trying to drop weight, if I'm stalled I find sometimes a big meal helps kickstart things again.

Started eating better last week, and I forgot how much better you feel after only a few days. Kicking myself for getting off track when work got insane last year, but righting the ship in 2016.

Try doing a little light work out for 3-5 mins after dinner about a hour before sleep, you will wake up thinner. I do a few downswing pulls on resistance bands, and widen my Arc in the swing ring to maintain good width.

I eat no carbs for dinner, just protein, salad, steamed veges...in a small to medium serving. If you ditch alcohol then losing weight will not be a problem...

Back