New foods...anyone care to share?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
So a few know that I own a food truck and can cook my arse off. I’m used to create new dishes on my truck to keep people on their toes. Has anyone eaten anything new for them that they just loved. It could be anything....

I’ve been working on a short rib meatloaf wrapped in smoked bacon.

Ohhhh I’m going to need that recipe.

Can't remember where but I saw a recipe which was a club sandwich but had duck bacon in it. I'll try and find it.

So a few know that I own a food truck and can cook my arse off. I’m used to create new dishes on my truck to keep people on their toes. Has anyone eaten anything new for them that they just loved. It could be anything....

I’ve been working on a short rib meatloaf wrapped in smoked bacon.
You know I've never thought about using blends in a meatlof like some burger blends that have shortrib, sirloin, tri tip, etc. that sounds awesome man!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We made some pretty solid Thai tonight that blew my hair back; Coconut red curry with mussels over turnip noodles.

I’ve been cooking a lot more vegetarian meat dishes. I’ve found that comfort foods have been surprisingly good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a top round roast and stuffed it with applewood smoked bacon, carmakized onions and mozzarella seasoned with Italian oregano and fresh parsley then roasted it. Turned out good and will do it again.

I’ve been cooking a lot more vegetarian meat dishes. I’ve found that comfort foods have been surprisingly good.

My wife does eat meat so a couple times a week I’ll use crumbles and create a dish. Made chili, pasta sauce and nachos so far. I have to tell you, it works.

My wife does eat meat so a couple times a week I’ll use crumbles and create a dish. Made chili, pasta sauce and nachos so far. I have to tell you, it works.

Which brand do you use?

Jacqui finally figured out Yorkshire pudding a few years ago. Been eating it with many meat dishes.

Which brand do you use?

Morning Star and Beyond Meat, both have a great consistency and take spices well

Morning Star and Beyond Meat, both have a great consistency and take spices well

I have been hesitant to try beyond meat. Heard it is surprisingly realistic. Big fan of the morning star stuff. Have you tried any Quorn stuff?

I have been hesitant to try beyond meat. Heard it is surprisingly realistic. Big fan of the morning star stuff. Have you tried any Quorn stuff?

No I haven’t but I will be looking for it.

Jacqui finally figured out Yorkshire pudding a few years ago. Been eating it with many meat dishes.

Sunday dinner here in the UK has to have Yorkshire puddings or it just isn't complete!! :D

I will try to remember to take a pic at lunchtime when I have it, but try making larger Yorkshire puddings and you can then fill them with meat, roast potato, etc

Lunch today will be Yorkshire pudding filled with pork, stuffing, apple sauce, roast potato and gravy

Another favourite of mine is a large Yorkshire pudding filled with sausages, mashed potato, peas and gravy

As much as I love to hunt and as much as I love to eat venison I have never tried the heart. I was surfing some deer hunting info and read an article on how tasty the heart is, I think I will try it this year if I'm able to harvest a deer. What say you? Would you eat the heart? How do I cook it?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Probably no help for your food truck, but I had some amazing BBQ warthog while I was in South Africa

As much as I love to hunt and as much as I love to eat venison I have never tried the heart. I was surfing some deer hunting info and read an article on how tasty the heart is, I think I will try it this year if I'm able to harvest a deer. What say you? Would you eat the heart? How do I cook it?

Still warm fresh, sliced thin, pan fried in olive oil and lightly salted. Wonderful.

Have you tried the impossible burger? I was really, really impressed. There's a vegetarian restaurant near me that does meatballs with it and they are fantastic.

Have you tried the impossible burger? I was really, really impressed. There's a vegetarian restaurant near me that does meatballs with it and they are fantastic.

Sounds great, I’ll look for it!

Forgot to add the pic on Friday, but this gives you an idea of what I was talking about with the larger Yorkshire pud with filling...

8b96015217a94318816ab22b689dea97.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I've cooked venison heart - two ways, one I sliced thin as Mr Moke suggested and fried, it was delightful. The other way is I've cut it into half-3/4inch slices and then fried as you would a steak and it was also quite nice. Done properly, it is not chewy and does not have a weird texture as other organs do, since it is just a highly lean muscle and just needs to be treated as so. I've had heart taco at restaurants before that has been braised for long periods of time that was also lovely.
You might be able to find cow's hearts at stores to experiment with - I've noticed one of the local safeways in my area has been stocking them from time to time, and they're just about the cheapest thing on the shelves.

I discovered Israeli Couscous not too long ago and fell in love with it. Outside of some spices, I've not done much with it but LOVE the taste and texture. I'm sure it would make a great addition to dishes.

New foods...anyone care to share?

I discovered Israeli Couscous not too long ago and fell in love with it. Outside of some spices, I've not done much with it but LOVE the taste and texture. I'm sure it would make a great addition to dishes.

I buy the boxed couscous all the time. Have not spiced any myself yet. It’s a great alternative to the same old potatoes or rice side. Loaded with protein too.

Back