Golf inventions/products - What’s Missing?

-CRW-

Reaction score
If you could invent something or bring something to the golf market, what would it be? Some specific type of clothing, some unique training aid, something else?

I personally wish there were more unique/custom divot tools and ball markers. JB posted a picture of what looked like a stamped metal divot tool that was really unique. I’ve never seen one like it or similar for sale. Even all the custom ball markers look like the same stamped brass or cheap junk.

I think for me it's the GPS enabled golf ball, especially on courses with fescue and other long grass hazards.

Tyson Lamb makes some pretty sweet markers and divot tools IMO, but you really pay a premium if you can even find one to buy at all.

A robot that did all of the house cleaning while I golfed.

If I was going to start a business it would be definitely be accessories. Hats, cup holders, cups that actually fit in cup holders, divot tools, head cover holders stuff like that. Low cost, high markup, lots of profit.

Taking a page out of Cobra's book, expand the line of adjustable utility irons to adjustable irons and wedges. Easier to fill the gaps between clubs. Only thing is, per Cobra Customer Support, bending them for lie is out of the question. It would make adjustability impossible. So I would have to invent an club where loft and lie are adjustable. Lol

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

How about a Trackman/GCQuad for around $1,000. Definitely under $5K.

How about a Trackman/GCQuad for around $1,000. Definitely under $5K.

that has to be coming soon. and when it does, i want one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the divot tool I mentioned:

5873bb29fb5378136bd691a22fc0cd48.jpg

I’m not necessarily a fan of the image, but overall the piece is a work of art. I would love to see more unique pieces like this, but maybe there isn’t much of a market.

If you could invent something or bring something to the golf market, what would it be? Some specific type of clothing, some unique training aid, something else?

I personally wish there were more unique/custom divot tools and ball markers. JB posted a picture of what looked like a stamped metal divot tool that was really unique. I’ve never seen one like it or similar for sale. Even all the custom ball markers look like the same stamped brass or cheap junk.

You should check out Kraken Golf he puts out some awesome ball markers. They rarely are round

A body suit that the student puts on which swings the club for you so you know exactly how the golf swing should feel. There would be different types of swings for different types of players.

Many times, the bad shots I make is due to not being lined up correctly. Therefore if I could I would probably invent and design a system to help me get properly lined up for my shots. It might be something I wear on my body or clothing, etc.

I know what it is, but I'm not telling you folks.

Eye augmentation to let me track balls hit into the woods.

Too much video games?

It is coming, but the google glass type AR glasses. If you could sink those to something that gives you GPS and and better tracking on golf balls... oh man that will be kick butt when they get here.

It is coming, but the google glass type AR glasses. If you could sink those to something that gives you GPS and and better tracking on golf balls... oh man that will be kick butt when they get here.
Imagine a greens reading feature that'll show you the line

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

A body suit that the student puts on which swings the club for you so you know exactly how the golf swing should feel. There would be different types of swings for different types of players.

I think what i need to find a good consistant repeatable swing is to be hooked up to a swing monitor that is then wired to my family jewels with a 460v 3phase power soure and anything but a prefect swing woud send a jolt through my biscotti truning it into a tootsie roll. It may be the only way i find consitncy Im looking for.

I have an overly aggressive swing with a back swing that is too fast.

I always joke that I need to wear a shock collar and have someone zap me when I do it to try and help me slow it down.

Golf clubs that could be broken down to fit in a backpack for travel but no performance loss compared to standard shafts.

I've almost pulled the trigger on Arccos sensors, but I cannot fathom having my phone in my pocket. So I've been patiently waiting for a reliable system that won't have the same requirement.

I've almost pulled the trigger on Arccos sensors, but I cannot fathom having my phone in my pocket. So I've been patiently waiting for a reliable system that won't have the same requirement.

Pretty sure garmin just came out with a similar system.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/605172

But it requires you buy one of their watches to pair with it, total cost is probably $700 before any taxes.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/554662#box

I love arccos and all the data I have gotten from it, but I don't have any= issue with my phone being in my pocket while I play.

Pretty sure garmin just came out with a similar system.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/605172

But it requires you buy one of their watches to pair with it, total cost is probably $700 before any taxes.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/554662#box

I love arccos and all the data I have gotten from it, but I don't have any= issue with my phone being in my pocket while I play.

Dang it, I don't like wearing watches while I golf either! Hahaha. I do really want the data, and I've heard some say they didn't like having their phone in their pocket at first, but eventually got used to it, so that may be the way I ultimately go.

Dang it, I don't like wearing watches while I golf either! Hahaha. I do really want the data, and I've heard some say they didn't like having their phone in their pocket at first, but eventually got used to it, so that may be the way I ultimately go.

I know a couple that changed their outlook and a few that tried it then got rid of it.

Ya never know what the future holds but Canadan and I had some conversations with Cobra Golf about next level Connect and came away impressed.

Ya never know what the future holds but Canadan and I had some conversations with Cobra Golf about next level Connect and came away impressed.

Now that piques my interest! Can't wait for future releases.

I know what it is, but I'm not telling you folks.

I love it lol.

Mine is two parts. One is a heat emitting device. It should be placed in the hole prior to the start of it. The ball should then be equipped with a heat seeking device. Sure, shooting an 18 will get old. But I'd think the first time or two doing it would be fun.

Back