Ball finder: Have you changed??

• Yes, I no longer search for extra golf balls

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • No, I still search and hoard any golf ball I can find

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
I don't search for balls but if I stumble across one I'll grab it. I have a "that guy" that I play with occasionally who, if the hole has water on it, he'll fish around for balls. I've given up on him and just go up to the ball and take my next shot.

If I come across them I'll pick them up. I have a bucket of balls at home that I've picked up and don't really like or have become really scuffed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a buddy who is "That Guy", couple that with he is one of the slowest players I know and it makes for some aggravating rounds.
I don't know what's worse, getting paired up with someone that does it or a regular playing partner. I like to play fast. He easily added 30 minutes to our round.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

When I'm playing by myself, and I'm the first person out, I admit to being a ridiculous ball hawk. I have quite a collection of balls in my garage because I regularly go out first as a single. But I would never, ever, hawk if I was playing with anyone, or if there was a group anywhere on the same hole. I value pace of play over everything, and it bugs me to no end if I ever slow down play.

I don't go out of my way to look for balls but if I come across them while looking for mine I'll pick them up if they're in good shape or one I like.

I only search my playing partners bags for extras. :D I only pick them up if I come across them.

I don't go out of my way to look for balls if they are unique or have a cool logo I'll pick it up

I don't know what's worse, getting paired up with someone that does it or a regular playing partner. I like to play fast. He easily added 30 minutes to our round.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Oh on, I only play with him twice a year at most. He moved from here about 7 years ago and I only see him on golf trips now. Everyone swaps out playing with him as no one wants to be stuck with him all of the rounds. We are able to do that without hurting his feelings.

I cannot believe that you even ask me that question - Who has played with me?

I always help my partners look for theirs, and I will generally find some. Or if I am along the edge of water, I look. Especially if it is slow.

I put my ball in the woods/desert/water frequently enough that it is a part of my normal round. And I do not think that I am a slow player, but I could be wrong.

When I was a kid there is nothing I wouldn't pick up (assuming it truly was a lost ball). In those days an orange pro staff was like finding a Pro Vincent.

Now I'll only pick up a ProV1 or x or a top tier ball from Callaway, Bridgestone or Taylormade. All also ran balls get knocked back into the water.

I don't look for balls when I'm not looking for my own, but I pockets ones I come across. If it isn't a ball I will play I toss it in my bag and then put it in the garage when I get home. My daughter loves to get all those junk balls out and throw them around the yard and bounce them on the driveway. Probably not the best idea in the world, but she hasn't lost a tooth yet.

I play a links style course and there are certain "hot spots" for lost balls. If there is time, I'll still take a look. I keep my brand and just give the rest away. I stopped hording balls at home. I had around 1500/2000 in totes last summer, but gave them all away. I have a shag bag full but that is it.

I don't ever look for them besides my own. Will gladly pick up any I find though. When I am hurting for money I will stock up on used premium ones. Can usually get 330's for the $1-$1.50 range

I don't actively search but if I stumble on one I'll grab it.

If play is slow I'll ball hunt by walking along the edge of the woods. We put them in the basket of the cart and my buddy takes them home so his kid can hit them in the woods behind his house.
Over the past couple years he has almost 2-5 gallon bucket filled.

I used to hunt for them as a young teen and sell them for 25 cents. I stopped hunting for them around the age of 18.

I walk 95% of my rounds and will walk the edge looking for extras or when the course I slow I will look while waiting to hit. I don't go more than 5' or so into the trees. I've got twin 10 year olds who are learning to golf so all extra balls go to them.

Like most, I used to hunt for extra balls but now, if I come across a good one while looking for mine I will pick it up but I don't spend any extra time looking.

I'm the same as most. If lokimg for mine, I see a nice well conditioned ball I'll pick it up for the "extra" bag, but that's it. No time spent ball hawking.

I've become a snob about it, though. I'll only pick up lost Titleist, Callaways, and Nikes, and some Bridgestones.

Pinnirocks, Top Rocks stay in the tall grass.

I only pick up Worthington Sweet Shots, Penfold Hearts, or Top Flite Gamer Tours with "Nifty Niblick" stamped on them..

During the season, I typically played 18 holes 3 times per week after work so I end up playing alone a lot, so I'll usually hit a few spots that I know on my course are magnets and typically pick up a dozen or so. I never hold anyone up as usually I am the last off the course. I bet 40% of the balls I find are premium and the remainder go to my wife and her friends. Typically give the "girls" about 30 dozen each year .

If I find a ball while looking for mine cool. But I very rarely ever just look for extra balls. If the rounds is moving slowly, I may scan the woods as I'm heading to my ball, though.

I've moved to the point where I feel the make them everyday, so don't waste to much time. Also I typically have been buying only the made in USA balls so I'm helping create jobs...

This is me, except I drop them at the next holes tee box. Keeps the reload game going for those behind me.

This is where I drop them as well. Really don't get dropping them in the fairway, I wouldn't ever pick up a ball in the fairway. I would assume it is some poor sap's stray shot.

This is where I drop them as well. Really don't get dropping them in the fairway, I wouldn't ever pick up a ball in the fairway. I would assume it is some poor sap's stray shot.

Agreed.

There was a guy I used to play (not anymore) with that would put them IN the cup on the green... Not a fan of that...

Back