Training aid Justin Rose was using at the Ryder cup

manhattan01

Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 9.8
I was watching a live stream of Justin Rose warming up at the Ryder Cub tonight and he had this black rubber(?) ball he'd place between his forearms. It was attached to a lanyard he wore around his neck. Anyone know what that is? I wanted to take a screen grab of it but by the time I got to it, the livestream was over.

I was watching a live stream of Justin Rose warming up at the Ryder Cub tonight and he had this black rubber(?) ball he'd place between his forearms. It was attached to a lanyard he wore around his neck. Anyone know what that is? I wanted to take a screen grab of it but by the time I got to it, the livestream was over.

It keeps him connected. I’ve seen this same devise with a tennis ball. It keeps your back swing short and it saws off your follow through. Designed to create a deep connected turn.

It's a Tour Striker Smart Ball.

It keeps him connected. I’ve seen this same devise with a tennis ball. It keeps your back swing short and it saws off your follow through. Designed to create a deep connected turn.

Thanks! I found it. I'll try the tennis ball since it's a little more cost effective.

An inside acting version of Hogan's tied arms from 5L. Perhaps more effective since it depends on you and you nave to really act from the inside of arms to keep the ball until p7.

An inside acting version of Hogan's tied arms from 5L. Perhaps more effective since it depends on you and you nave to really act from the inside of arms to keep the ball until p7.

I couldn't find a tennis ball to try it with so I tried it with a squishy soccer ball plush toy and I had a HELL of a time trying to make any kind of contact. I could not stop by lower body from shifting forward and trying to swing through fluidly would result in the ball rolling out of my arms. I tried about for a few minutes before my back muscles started to give in (likely from trying to grip that ball). Maybe I ought to start with short, chip/pitch shot swings to get that connected feeling.

Back