The 2015 Grandaddy Recap Thread - Thanks For The Memories

Haha I'm wearing our black one

I wore the white one today myself.

Love isn't strong enough of a word for how I feel about this event. Thank goodness it gets to live on for others.

Definitely going to get in more updates this weekend as the weather has me shut down. Going to have to just do one for stories, you all are amazing. #FYF

I wish I could put more of my thoughts into words. There's not a day that goes by where I'm not thinking about Carlsbad and ECPC and Hideaway.

I wore my white one the other day and then saw the video with AJ and just smiled to myself. So cool.

Thinking of all of you tonight. Mixing up some mules.
afbcb72a6abd2f89d76f732bd84065b5.908533

Played today and I smiled each time I pulled a club out of the bag. I immediately thought about the a Hideaway and certain shots. Funny thing is I'm addicted to my driver. Never in a million years would I have thought DBD would be in my bag.

On the course, what was everyone's "Grandaddy moment"? The one thing golf related during the event you think of whenever the event is brought up?

I would say mine is either holing out for birdie on the Dye course #10 or going back to back birdies on Clive #5 and #6. I still get goosebumps thinking about it

Mine was on the Clive, hole 8 maybe (par 5)

I pushed my second shot right a little and left myself 118 in and the ball was below my feet. I pull my PW and stick it to about 8 feet. Make the putt to save par.

I honestly don't have one on course, it was all fantastic.

Mine was being tackled by JRod on the bus in his "Super-J" outfit.

One of the crazier things happened to our group on Clive #9. Hashtag has an approach of maybe 170 yards. If you remember, the cart path runs across the fairway and over to the right side then towards the green and is staked off with rope. Hashtag catches his approach extremely thin and the ball flies at one of the stakes never getting more than two feet off the ground and catches a stake square and flies back at Chad. Comes to rest maybe 5 yards in front of him lol craziest thing I saw all week there

A tie between the bunker-roof-pool and the nasty 50ft birdie putt I drained #10 on the Clive course. I remember it vividly. I had been playing terribly most of the day and PhillyV had given me a pep talk... I remember telling him "I know I'm playing ******, but I just want one moment"

My favorite part about it was right after I made the putt jrod says "I just got rallo'd"

Matt Wood looks at him and says "rallo'd hard!"

I kept grinding, and jrod closed me out on 16, but I had my moment.

A tie between the bunker-roof-pool and the nasty 50ft birdie putt I drained #10 on the Clive course. I remember it vividly. I had been playing terribly most of the day and PhillyV had given me a pep talk... I remember telling him "I know I'm playing ******, but I just want one moment"

My favorite part about it was right after I made the putt jrod says "I just got rallo'd"

Matt Wood looks at him and says "rallo'd hard!"

I kept grinding, and jrod closed me out on 16, but I had my moment.

5e0f9b6d107fc9aef2fc4939884b384b.jpg

That chip shot turned it around for us PhillyV, I remember Harry picking up his ball and exclaiming "well... ****!"

I could not be more proud of you all. I mean that wholeheartedly.

Dammit. What an experience.

I could talk grandaddy every freaking day. I hope people aren't getting sick of seeing it or taking it as trying to rub it in or anything. This is seriously better than anyone could ever imagine and it could be you this year!

I'll never forget the look on Mikes face (Misike) when he made a long putt on the first hole day two. This is a mental game and day one he was all over the place bc his SS grip wasn't on the putter. I had an extra one in my bag & Steve put it on before the round.

He drained that Putt and had the biggest smile on his face. I told him "I guess it was the grip after all"

I have a few. First one being in the first 9 hole match my second shot left me in a bush to the left of the green. Not sure which hole at the moment but had to straddle another bush while trying not to crush two other bushes. Pulled a 54* MD3 and hit a punch shot that put me 10 feet from the pin with a chance at par.

2nd was a 173 yard par 3 with sand all down the left side and stuck a 7 iron to 5 feet. That was the hole I truly realized these clubs are insane and that I gained about 12 yards from my previous irons.

Also that hole was the hole where JMan was in the sand on the left and completely missed the ball on his first shot out of the sand. It was funny but neither of us were mad about it because we were both having a blast and really how can you be mad at the Hideaway.

The last one of course is the first tee box on the last 9 on day 1, and not because I hit a good shot or whatever, but because that is the hole where Leishman was born. That was the tee box where Harry told me I look like a bigger more country version of Marc Leishman. And I think it's awesome by the way that Marc Leishman is now a Callaway guy, although I was one first

Damn I love this event. Truly life changing. I really need to put all my notes and thought onto paper and get a formal recap in here

You should! I would love to read it. You were perma-smile the whole time

I'll never forget the look on Mikes face (Misike) when he made a long putt on the first hole day two. This is a mental game and day one he was all over the place bc his SS grip wasn't on the putter. I had an extra one in my bag & Steve put it on before the round.

He drained that Putt and had the biggest smile on his face. I told him "I guess it was the grip after all"

You saved me with that grip. Probably all mental, but man what a difference i thought it made. So happy out there putting like I knew I was capable of doing. I'll never pull that grip off the putter, had a special meaning to me. Like everything else from the trip.

You should! I would love to read it. You were perma-smile the whole time

I couldn't help it man. After what I've been through this year, to end it with every guy on Team Redemption and that event is absolute perfection. Like I said a week ago i got really down once I got back and dealt with a lot of crap that I just never did it, but damn I can't stop smiling thinking about and talking about this event

I love you guys

I have a few. First one being in the first 9 hole match my second shot left me in a bush to the left of the green. Not sure which hole at the moment but had to straddle another bush while trying not to crush two other bushes. Pulled a 54* MD3 and hit a punch shot that put me 10 feet from the pin with a chance at par.

2nd was a 173 yard par 3 with sand all down the left side and stuck a 7 iron to 5 feet. That was the hole I truly realized these clubs are insane and that I gained about 12 yards from my previous irons.

Also that hole was the hole where JMan was in the sand on the left and completely missed the ball on his first shot out of the sand. It was funny but neither of us were mad about it because we were both having a blast and really how can you be mad at the Hideaway.

The last one of course is the first tee box on the last 9 on day 1, and not because I hit a good shot or whatever, but because that is the hole where Leishman was born. That was the tee box where Harry told me I look like a bigger more country version of Marc Leishman. And I think it's awesome by the way that Marc Leishman is now a Callaway guy, although I was one first

Damn I love this event. Truly life changing. I really need to put all my notes and thought onto paper and get a formal recap in here

DO IT!!! I want to read the thoughts that were behind that perma smile!

I had a few that come to mind:

MikeG sticking an approach shot on a par 5 to 6 feet or so and calmly stepping up and nailing the birdie putt.

MikeG hitting his 3W off the deck like a boss.

Me splitting the fairway and hitting the middle stripe long and far on my very first hole on day 1 - hole 18 Dye, which isn't the easiest to start on, lol.

My second shot being in the native grass on a par 5 and getting an 8 iron on it to carry the green -160 yard shot.

A 165 yard 8 iron I stuck 2 feet from the pin for a natural birdie during singles.

And then there's all the moments off the golf course. Wow, so many. Just the absolute best experience ever.

And what's awesome is that another group of guys will get to experience this again in December.

I can't put a single hole, but that final stretch of Match Play with Rhi was unforgettable, we had bad holes, we had good holes, we had an Amazing time. I couldn't even tell you the scores because I have no idea I was just having an absolute blast! Never had that much fun on a golf course before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSC_0022-XL.jpg

On the course, what was everyone's "Grandaddy moment"? The one thing golf related during the event you think of whenever the event is brought up?

I would say mine is either holing out for birdie on the Dye course #10 or going back to back birdies on Clive #5 and #6. I still get goosebumps thinking about it
Two things I'll remember.

On #6 on the Clive course I ended up in the greenside bunker and using everything RFC taught me, I got out pretty well and actually made the putt. Don't get many sandies so that sticks out.

Second was finally pulling driver after we were closed out and just smoking one and AJ asking why the hell I had been hitting 3W all day. I then proceeded to crush my driver the rest of the round.

Two things I'll remember.

On #6 on the Clive course I ended up in the greenside bunker and using everything RFC taught me, I got out pretty well and actually made the putt. Don't get many sandies so that sticks out.

Second was finally pulling driver after we were closed out and just smoking one and AJ asking why the hell I had been hitting 3W all day. I then proceeded to crush my driver the rest of the round.
Fun golf is fun Neb!!!!!

Back