THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

What hole/ Holes are you looking most forward to in this event?

Myself, the fist and Last hole are the ones I'm looking forward to.

The first hole will have a lot of buildup, a lot of prep, a lot of trash talk etc. but when the peg gets put in the ground then and only then is it game on!

The last hole, those last holes at THP events are something magical! People hanging around the green, cheering and Jeering the good and not so good shots, a little heckling, lots of smiles and laughs.
Always a great time!

So what holes are you looking forward to playing and why?

The first hole will have a lot of buildup, a lot of prep, a lot of trash talk etc. but when the peg gets put in the ground then and only then is it game on!

The last hole, those last holes at THP events are something magical! People hanging around the green, cheering and Jeering the good and not so good shots, a little heckling, lots of smiles and laughs.
Always a great time!

ALL of them. Why? Because its going to be awesome.

Probably 13 or 14. Should be where i close my match out

Maybe. I do agree with your 1st and Last scenario, but I've never played there, I've only seen it from the turnpike as I drive by how can I know what hole I want to play?:alien:

Fair enough.
After a scouting trip might have been a better time to ask...

So many great holes to choose from and more difficult to select one in a THP event. Serious fun will be had on each and every hole, but there is something about those island greens of #7 & #17.

Always a great time!

I'm looking forward to the hole that #TeamMichigan seals the win on!!!

I'm looking forward to the hole that #TeamMichigan seals the win on!!!

Let's be real here....You guys won't even win the 19th hole....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's be real here....You guys won't even win the 19th hole....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAH!!!

Looks like we will have to toss a few back together after!

I posted this in the other RR thread, so figured I would do it here too.

True story on how this came about.

I went to Memphis and sat down with their team at the Ridgeway center. I said we have something called Regional Rivalry (which was pitched to another large OEM, and they said "It doesnt move the needle" and I literally laughed out loud because I showed them the numbers (over 600 million impressions) and they looked at me in disbelief. So I am talking with True Temper and explaining our vision and they were just nodding with every step.

The MVP part literally hit me while I was sitting there. I said GolferGal and myself will fly 3 people to True Temper and you guys just show them the time of their lives. They loved it. They have added some great ideas to the actual events and have been a wonderful partner. While THP Regional Rivalry is not the grand multiple day events that we have on the schedule, it is taking a single day event, and making it something unique. Putting them on top notch golf courses, making selection criteria be what it is and adding the MVP to it, that stretches the event out to last virtually all year long.

We are so excited about this because we know THPers still wanted single day events, but our goal was to make sure they were very different than a group of guys getting together for golf. Nobody needs THP for that and we love that that will happen all over the place this year. One of the people at True Temper summed it up best, with this sentence "Combining online with reality in a cost effective way that still offers the impossible". I liked that and told her we will steal it.

That's pretty awesome Josh. Can't believe someone thought this was a bad idea.

Pretty cool back story

Like the way this came about

I went to Memphis and sat down with their team at the Ridgeway center. I said we have something called Regional Rivalry (which was pitched to another large OEM, and they said "It doesnt move the needle" and I literally laughed out loud because I showed them the numbers (over 600 million impressions) and they looked at me in disbelief. So I am talking with True Temper and explaining our vision and they were just nodding with every step.

The MVP part literally hit me while I was sitting there. I said GolferGal and myself will fly 3 people to True Temper and you guys just show them the time of their lives. They loved it. They have added some great ideas to the actual events and have been a wonderful partner. While THP Regional Rivalry is not the grand multiple day events that we have on the schedule, it is taking a single day event, and making it something unique. Putting them on top notch golf courses, making selection criteria be what it is and adding the MVP to it, that stretches the event out to last virtually all year long.

We are so excited about this because we know THPers still wanted single day events, but our goal was to make sure they were very different than a group of guys getting together for golf. Nobody needs THP for that and we love that that will happen all over the place this year. One of the people at True Temper summed it up best, with this sentence "Combining online with reality in a cost effective way that still offers the impossible". I liked that and told her we will steal it.

I bet that original company is just kicking themselves right now... this has already moved the needle a ton and the teams aren't even picked! Per this thread alone, think about how many people have visited TT's website and not only browsed their lines, but participated in their "ShaftFit" program...

That is freaking awesome!!

I have a question about our sponsor. Does the Memphis location focus specifically on iron shafts?

I ask only because while browsing their website I noticed that Project X and Grafalloy are also listed on their catalog. Obviously they have their own websites, but when clicking on products on the TT site pretty much only DG iron shafts come up, unless I'm missing something? So are they one big company or 3 separate? Just looking for clarification.

The trip to True Temper was going to be amazing in the first place. To hear the back story and see how they jumped on board takes it over the top.

That is freaking awesome!!

I have a question about our sponsor. Does the Memphis location focus specifically on iron shafts?

I ask only because while browsing their website I noticed that Project X and Grafalloy are also listed on their catalog. Obviously they have their own websites, but when clicking on products on the TT site pretty much only DG iron shafts come up, unless I'm missing something? So are they one big company or 3 separate? Just looking for clarification.

Project X and Grafalloy are technically out of their CA office.
True Temper makes steel and they do the graphite.
There are obviously some cross over due to how the brands are managed, marketed and run.

Pretty awesome back story as to how this evolved into the awesomeness it has. Glad True Temper is as excited about this as we are.

It is great when companies understand the power of brand experiences and how it can lead to loyalty.

I really enjoy hearing how these events come together. Seems like True Temper is just as excited as THP was to blow the minds of a few guys who really go out of their way to represent regional rivalry and I think that is very fitting. (pun intended?)

Pretty awesome to see how excited TT is to be behind this.

That's a pretty cool to hear the back story.

I love how some of these companies still don't get it, that THP knows how to make a small idea into a full blown phenomenon. 2016 will be the best yet.

That's a pretty cool to hear the back story.

I love how some of these companies still don't get it, that THP knows how to make a small idea into a full blown phenomenon. 2016 will be the best yet.
Now that you are officially on a winning pick streak, who ya taking in this one?

No pressure...

Back