AVX vs ProV1x vs ProV1

I'm confused. What were you comparing? Your signature line lists Maxfli U6 and U6X, TaylorMade Tp5, VICE Pro Soft matte white,
TopFlight Tour urethane ball is great, and Callaway Chrome Soft X. Your comments included you'd never been a fan of the Pro V1. So, I'm not sure what you are using as the baseline for your comments on the AVX.
I was comparing to the pro v1 , and as i stated for me the avx was better and i do not game the maxflis any longer, but i do the others you mentioned, i need to change my signature stuff because I've changed many things lol

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I played an AVX that I found on the course for 52+ holes before I put it in the water on a very poorly struck wedge. I usually am a high spin player despite a lack of speed (I would guess my driver SS is 88-93 or so) so the AVX was one I wanted to try. I have found it to be slightly longer for me than the ProV1 and the Z-Star, but that is just from what I have seen the last few rounds. I picked up a sleeve to get a little longer term testing.

The ball held up well and I am impressed with what I have seen, but I don't know that it is head and shoulders above a ball like the Q-Star tour which I think is a similar ball with softer feel, lower spin & with a urethane cover. I think the QST is $18 cheaper/dozen ($1.50 less a ball!)... I want to try out the snell MTB (I got a dozen in last week) as I think it has some similar flight/spin characteristics as the AVX.

It is a pretty great time in golf, we have so many good options for golf balls and if you do a little research and some testing you can find what fits your game best, with multiple options that likely span a few price points.

I like the AVX. I hit the ball really high. My last LM session was using a ‘17 Pro V1; 7i swing speed is 81-84 mph with a peak of 33-36 yards. Spin was 5200-5500 rpm. My descent angle is above 47°. I haven’t hit a LM with the AVX yet. The reported lack of spin in the AVX isn’t much of a concern since my ball splats on the green here in the Pacific NW when it lands even during the heart of our dry summer. To my eye, the AVX flattens my flight ever so slightly with My irons/wedges but still has a landing angle that stops the ball within a few feet (at most) of its pitch mark when I’m playing into a flat-ish green. I do enjoy the extra 4-6 yards I get with the AVX. With the driver through my 22° hybrid, the AVX play much like the Pro V1; ample launch and spin with excellent distance and a tight flight that bores through the wind. Interesting point; I’ve hit more Par 5’s in 2 since playing the AVX than any other ball. It’s likely due to the bit of extra roll AVX seems to get. The shot that is the hardest to play for me with the AVX is a 3/4 swing high spinner that flies flat, hits the green, checks and rolls out a yard or so. In a normal round I probably only play this shot maybe twice. The lower spin kind of takes this shot out of my repartoire as the ball doesn’t have quite the bit I would see with the Pro V1. Since this shot isn’t available to me I just hit the ball high.

When I’ve played the Pro V1/Pro V1x the ball goes higher presumably with more spin and a half club shorter than AVX.

For now, the AVX works well for me. Maybe a 2019 ball will pull me way from it. Time will tell...

I played an AVX that I found on the course for 52+ holes before I put it in the water on a very poorly struck wedge. I usually am a high spin player despite a lack of speed (I would guess my driver SS is 88-93 or so) so the AVX was one I wanted to try. I have found it to be slightly longer for me than the ProV1 and the Z-Star, but that is just from what I have seen the last few rounds. I picked up a sleeve to get a little longer term testing.

The ball held up well and I am impressed with what I have seen, but I don't know that it is head and shoulders above a ball like the Q-Star tour which I think is a similar ball with softer feel, lower spin & with a urethane cover. I think the QST is $18 cheaper/dozen ($1.50 less a ball!)... I want to try out the snell MTB (I got a dozen in last week) as I think it has some similar flight/spin characteristics as the AVX.

It is a pretty great time in golf, we have so many good options for golf balls and if you do a little research and some testing you can find what fits your game best, with multiple options that likely span a few price points.

QST is an interesting comparison, because tech wise, they each strike similar boxes. The price point is what separates them.

My experience with the AVX is a lot like everyone elses. I seems to fly farther off all the clubs. I do like the lower launch as i hit the ball pretty high anyway, But the lack of spin going into greens is kind of a bummer for me.

Since I hit the ball high, the AVX really helps lower the flight for a more boring trajectory. Plays really well in the wind & it's about a half club longer for me, especially on the irons. High shots into the green really stop on a dime .... not the "hop, stop" performance like the V1 or the X (I can back those up a bit) but still predictable. Once I got used to it, I can now predict what it's going to do on chips & pitches now. I don't generate a lot of spin as it is but I can still control it around the greens. It's a great ball, I just don't think it's worth the price point that Titleist put it at. I know it's an "Alternative to the ProV1 & the ProV1X" ..... But I'm not sure it should be the same price point.

I've only used a sleeve of AVX's vs. my gamer ProV1's, I still prefer my PV1's. The cover on the AVX's don't feel as "soft" as the PV1's and I didn't think they spun as good around the greens as the PV1. Still have 3 brand new sleeves if anyone wants to test them for trade BTW.

I've only used a sleeve of AVX's vs. my gamer ProV1's, I still prefer my PV1's. The cover on the AVX's don't feel as "soft" as the PV1's and I didn't think they spun as good around the greens as the PV1. Still have 3 brand new sleeves if anyone wants to test them for trade BTW.

Yeah, I definitely don't see equitable spin, but that much should be expected out of that profile.

My experience with the AVX is a lot like everyone elses. I seems to fly farther off all the clubs. I do like the lower launch as i hit the ball pretty high anyway, But the lack of spin going into greens is kind of a bummer for me.

Interesting because I don’t really notice any lack of spin that has any actual negative impact on my ability to score. I’ve hit a number of flop shots from really tough, tight spots with the AVX that stopped incredibly well. I highly doubt the ProV1 would have stopped any faster for me.
I think the most notable characteristics of the AVX for me is a bit lower flight, a bit less curve/movement on the ball and a bit mushier feel off the driver and around the greens. Funny enough, I don’t really notice the mushy feel with my irons so much, only the driver and with pitches/chips. The durability of the ball is very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the AVX was an answer to Bridgestone's low compression ball for low swing speed players. After reading all the comments seems that's not true...

Back