What's your favorite "go to" Driver Shaft

michaelb

Reaction score
Handicap
For me, and I'd imagine a lot of people around here, getting fitted for the right driver shaft is as important if not more important than the fancy new head itself.

I've demo'd all the usual suspects, and bought several custom shafts over the years (as I'd guess many around here have).

After all the trial and errors, what has become your go to favorite?

For me, it's been my Fuji Fuel 60. Even when upgrading to my most recent driver (r15 last year), after trying over a dozen shafts, the pro put me right back into my Fuel.

Anyone else have have a long term favorite?

Best/favorite shaft changes with the head as the launch/spin characteristics will vary with each head. A shaft that works/fits well in one head won't always (and in my experience rarely) do the same in another head.

It's been a lot of fun trying out a wide range of driver shafts over the last couple years... Hard to really limit, but if i had to, probably the Matrix TPHDe -- However I am optimistic the HZRDUS is going to dethrone it.

The only consistent shaft in my bag is the Oban Devotion 8 in my fairway. That thing has hung around for a while.

Depends on the head for me. In my 915D2 I was fitted for the Rogue Black 70, but in my R15 I really like the Speeder 661.

If I had to pick one shaft forever it would probably be the Kusala Blue 72

+1 to jman's response.

But, if I had to pick one, I'd probably go tour green.

Best/favorite shaft changes with the head as the launch/spin characteristics will vary with each head. A shaft that works/fits well in one head won't always (and in my experience rarely) do the same in another head.

Very true, but would say that if you play similar heads, and tend to stick to the same brand, it can happen.

I was fit into it with my SLDR, then r15. I'd imagine it works great with the M1 as well. An occasional golf buddy of mine has the G30 LS tech with the fuel, and that was great when I gave it some swings on the range.

It's been a lot of fun trying out a wide range of driver shafts over the last couple years... Hard to really limit, but if i had to, probably the Matrix TPHDe -- However I am optimistic the HZRDUS is going to dethrone it.

The only consistent shaft in my bag is the Oban Devotion 8 in my fairway. That thing has hung around for a while.

I really like Oban. I had the white with my r1 a couple years ago.

Has your devotion been used in just one head, or have you switched it up?

I tend to gravitate toward a similar style of shaft, but with no ability to directly compare them, I go with what I can get. Rogue, D+, Tour Green, Fuel TS are all shafts I trust.

I really like Oban. I had the white with my r1 a couple years ago.

Has your devotion been used in just one head, or have you switched it up?

I played it in the Amp cell 3 wood at 13* for a while but launched too high. Improved enormously when I switched it into X2Hot pro.

The few that's I've liked in multiple heads are the Tour ADDI 5, Motore f3 60 and NV65. Those three I just seem to like the way they feel and give me good performance.

Grandura 590

Although I think that if I got to do the HandCrafted Experience and design my own from the ground up this year it will be that one.

I don't have a go to driver, but hands down right now I'm extremely comfortable with my Oban Hashimoto and Grandura 530

I have a few that have worked well for me--Diamana ahina, Miyazaki Black, Oban Devotion, and Rip Alpha. I'm always open to trying others.

Fujikura Six is my favorite

I don't have one.

Red Tie, JDL6...

+1 to jman's response.

But, if I had to pick one, I'd probably go tour green.

I agree. I play the Tour Green in both of my fairway woods and a few of my drivers.

My amazing PX Handcrafted protos.

But for production shafts, I know that most midweight, mid to higher launching shafts work well for me. S+, White Tie, Kusala Blue/White, etc are all usually good shafts for me.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Diamana Kai'Li has always been my favorite driver shaft.

Matrix Black Tie. Only driver shaft I completely trust in my hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diamana Blue I know it's old but still have good luck with it.

With a titleist head its th Aldila NV 65, with the Taylormade heads he speeder shafts are really nice for my swing and game

tour blue 65 has been solid for me. right now i'm really enjoying aldila dvs that has been in production for a long time. i really enjoyed my time with the grandura 590, and would consider compromising my ethical and moral integrity for an opportunity to be fit by them. but a one-off handcrafted by that bald beautiful bastard don at true temper, *drool*

I haven't found one, mostly due to the lack of golf store options for testing around here. The best shaft I've ever had was the Motore in a R9 TP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back