AVX vs ProV1x vs ProV1

Achilles515

Reaction score
Handicap
I know this has been touched on before but now the AVX has been out a while so I'm curious what people's lasting impressions are. I'd like to hear some distance comparisons, hitting into the greens, off the tee, durability etc. Lets hear it!!

I definitely hit the avx higher and longer on my irons they check up about the same and the driver felt better dispersion for some of reason for the avx and longer maybe, i was never a big prov guy because i liked the other brands better but now avx out me back playing them from time to time

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

My experience is different Thant madi05. For me, the three balls play pretty much as advertised. ProV1X has a higher ball flight and spins the most. ProV1 spins a little less and has a more mid flight. AVX has a noticeably lower ball flight for me, particularly with the driver.

For the short game, I could play either the ProV1 or ProV1X and get pretty much the same results, although the X does spin a little more on chips. The AVX spins noticeably less for me on chips.

I game the AVX most of the time now. I launch the ball high, so the flatter flight works better for me. The AVX is awesome when playing in windy conditions, probably because of the flight and the lower spin. In addition, playing the ChromeSoft and the AVX, I have grown very accustomed to the softer feel and the ProV1X feels very hard to me now. Finally, I like playing a yellow ball and the two ProVs do not currently give me that option (although I understand next year they will). There is always a little give and take with any ball. I wish I could get that little extra spin on chips and short pitches with the AVX, but I have learned to adjust for the extra run out. It certainly stops quickly enough on full swings.

I generate a ton of spin with a steep angle of attack and an above avg SS so I was fit into the AVX as it’s the least spinning of the 3 Titleist balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played the ProV1 yesterday for the first three holes, went par, bogey, par. Course was VERY wet. On the 3rd, i hit a 9 iron that back spun about 9 feet. On the 4th (very long par 4), i decided to switch to the AVX. The flight was noticeably a bit lower and likes to fly with less movement left or right. Had 4 birdies and find the AVX to be excellent around the greens. The AVX is a quality ball and I would highly recommend it for guy that hit the ball too high or with alot of movement they are trying to tame.

My experience is different Thant madi05. For me, the three balls play pretty much as advertised. ProV1X has a higher ball flight and spins the most. ProV1 spins a little less and has a more mid flight. AVX has a noticeably lower ball flight for me, particularly with the driver.

For the short game, I could play either the ProV1 or ProV1X and get pretty much the same results, although the X does spin a little more on chips. The AVX spins noticeably less for me on chips.

I game the AVX most of the time now. I launch the ball high, so the flatter flight works better for me. The AVX is awesome when playing in windy conditions, probably because of the flight and the lower spin. In addition, playing the ChromeSoft and the AVX, I have grown very accustomed to the softer feel and the ProV1X feels very hard to me now. Finally, I like playing a yellow ball and the two ProVs do not currently give me that option (although I understand next year they will). There is always a little give and take with any ball. I wish I could get that little extra spin on chips and short pitches with the AVX, but I have learned to adjust for the extra run out. It certainly stops quickly enough on full swings.
Weirdly it may be because you are a high ball hitter and I'm a low ball hitter, so basically it sounds to help both lol

What Tenputt said above...

For me the Pro V1X sounds/feels a bit too firm. The Pro V1 sounds/feels good.
I've never struck a ball with an AVX. For those of you who have played V1X, V1, and AVX, how does the AVX impact sound/feel compare to V1X or V1 ?

The feel on the AVX is the only thing i dont love. The ProV1 has a bit firmer feel to me, which i prefer. The AVX feels a bit mushier to me. The performance on the AVX is really good though.

The feel on the AVX is the only thing i dont love. The ProV1 has a bit firmer feel to me, which i prefer. The AVX feels a bit mushier to me. The performance on the AVX is really good though.

Have you played Pro V1X as well ?

AVX —-> Pro V1—> Pro v1x

Low compression towards high compression
Lower spin towards higher spin

AVX —-> Pro V1—> Pro v1x

Low compression towards high compression
Lower spin towards higher spin

So for most players AVX will have the softest impact sound/feel ?

So for most players AVX will have the softest impact sound/feel ?

I’m not a huge feel guy, but if people feel compression, the AVX is the softest.

AVX vs ProV1x vs ProV1

Have you played Pro V1X as well ?

Yes, but not all season. When I went through a titleist ball fitting (prior to the AVX intro), i was fit into the standard Pro V1.
The other balls I’ve played most this season are the Cally CSX and the Srixon XV.
The CSX seems to have a somewhat similarish feel to the AVX and the XV is much firmer in strike feel. The most noticeable difference for me with these balls is off the driver and with pitches/chips.

I hit the AVX further than the ProV1 or ProV1x, but my dispersion is not as tight. It seems like I get noticeably more sidespin with the AVX.

I know this has been touched on before but now the AVX has been out a while so I'm curious what people's lasting impressions are. I'd like to hear some distance comparisons, hitting into the greens, off the tee, durability etc. Lets hear it!!

I think everyone should try each of them to get a real sense of what they are producing.

With my swing faults, AVX is where I fell, although I could get away with playing the X I think. I'm looking for reduced launch and swing and I get that in a big way with AVX.

I think everyone should try each of them to get a real sense of what they are producing.

With my swing faults, AVX is where I fell, although I could get away with playing the X I think. I'm looking for reduced launch and swing and I get that in a big way with AVX.
AVX is practically made for you. Me, I need to stay far away with my low launch/low spin self lol

AVX is practically made for you. Me, I need to stay far away with my low launch/low spin self lol

I love everything about it -- And I am going to try every ball out there that claims AVX profile.

I'm kind of an anomaly with golf lol. I'm 5'3 and use standard L/L/L clubs, no driver and I carry 5 wedges. I used the ProV1x today and shot a 75, not the toughest course. I'm a high 70's low 80's player. I've gone from the ProV1 to the V1x because of the distance gain. I'm going to try a sleeve of them at least for comparisons but wondering if I could gain another 5ish yards with the AVX without sacrificing anything.

But feel is no reason to play the AVX if you're not getting sufficient carry due to lack of spin and launch - I mean, if you play in Texas or OK on rock hard fairways (previous to last month - lots of rain lately), then AVX will roll well for you.

If you want soft and urethane with more spin and launch, just play a Chrome Soft.

I love everything about it -- And I am going to try every ball out there that claims AVX profile.

The beauty of this launch is that those that know golf balls, it opens up a whole new world of options that many may have shied away from in the past.

Love the AVX's lower compression, flight, and less spin. Get hurt from time to time forgetting that on some approaches as I don't pull this one back like others and/or releases a touch more than I expect. Very good ball

I’ve been playing the Tour Soft most of the summer, mainly due to cost, but I played the V1 and V1x this weekend and I’m sure I’ll be switching. The x was better off irons and wedges where as the 1 was better off the driver. Both were much more durable than the Tour Soft. I’ll be playing a few rounds this fall switching between the x and 1 to make my decision.

I may their the AVX in there, though I think that ball won’t be for me.

After this summer, the AVX is in the bag, firmly. I love the feel, distance, mid flight, etc. a great ball for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I definitely hit the avx higher and longer on my irons they check up about the same and the driver felt better dispersion for some of reason for the avx and longer maybe, i was never a big prov guy because i liked the other brands better but now avx out me back playing them from time to time

I'm confused. What were you comparing? Your signature line lists Maxfli U6 and U6X, TaylorMade Tp5, VICE Pro Soft matte white,
TopFlight Tour urethane ball is great, and Callaway Chrome Soft X. Your comments included you'd never been a fan of the Pro V1. So, I'm not sure what you are using as the baseline for your comments on the AVX.

Back