How many golf balls...

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
... can I fit in a Large Priority Mail Flat-Rate box? Has anyone ever loaded one up to see how many it'll hold?

I'm contemplating buying the Chromesoft Truvis from lostgolfballs.com, but the do not sort the CS from the CSx. I only want the X so I figure I'll buy them, do the sorting, then return the CS balls in a flat-rate box to minimize the return cost.

Did you make sure they would accept that return since they don't sell them separately? And if you talk to them about the return, why not ask them to just send what you want in the first place?

Don't think I have ever shipped balls in the large FR box, but have a few times in the medium box a few years ago. I recall getting around 50 loose balls in that box.

Did you make sure they would accept that return since they don't sell them separately? And if you talk to them about the return, why not ask them to just send what you want in the first place?

Well, since it's almost 10pm Central, I figured I'd have better luck here and I'll call them later.

From their site:

Upon receiving your purchase and inspecting it, if you are unsatisfied, please let us know. You have 30 calendar days from the date you receive your purchase to notify us that you would like to return any or all items you received.
To be eligible for a return, any product you return must be unused and in the same condition you received it.
Buyer will incur return shipping charges unless item(s) being returned are damaged or incorrect.

There's no reason they would have to not accept the return if all I do is sort out the X's and put the CS's back in their little net bags and mail them back. I'd be eating the shipping costs, but if I run the numbers and it's cost effective, then I'd be good with that.

Will they let you do a "partial" return? That seems kinda strange if they would.

I have used a medium flat rate Priority box and easily fit 7 dozen that were bagged in dozens in it with no problem. This was last year but the boxes look smaller now so 5-6 should still fit since they are loose balls.

Will they let you do a "partial" return? That seems kinda strange if they would.

I have used a medium flat rate Priority box and easily fit 7 dozen that were bagged in dozens in it with no problem. This was last year but the boxes look smaller now so 5-6 should still fit since they are loose balls.

If I order 10 dozen, I'm not sure why they wouldn't let me return 1-9 dozen. I'm sure they wouldn't take back partial dozens, but there'd be no reason to refuse dozens. Buying 10 dozen CS Truvis and returning 5 dozen would be the same as buying 5 dozen Truvis and 5 dozen CSx non-Truvis and returning the 5 dozen Truvis and keeping the non-Truvis.

I'm curious to hear how this turns out. Please do post back.

Whiskey

Back