A video tip that has done wonders. At least so far. But we'll see if it continues

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
And so. As some may know from posts in threads I have mentioned all my lessons this past year. A whole bunch in fact and frankly a swing rebuild which has been and still is of course a process.

Well.....one of my issues since the rebuild has been something I never did before. For some reason I began to cast (mostly driver) with too much right hand dominancy. My insurtcutor has seen me do this and implied its an issue and has me doing drills to help this. But I still havnt been able to beat it. Its been so frustrating and my driving has really been so incosistant. Too many pulls, pull hooks, and when hittting ok would be a fade. Nothing wrong with a fade of course but its not nor ever was my normal good swing. I dont mind the fade vs the babay draw I always had but i do mind it when its the baby draw Im trying to hit becaue its telling me Im still right hand dominant. And that is problematic for me and also why i still see so many pulls and pulll hooks.

Its been so hard and really been killing my rounds having to recover from so many poor tee shots. Been going on all season and I just cant seem to break out of it no matter how much i do the drills.

So I found this vid (not new news) and this week I went 3 times to the range practicing this. And this (at least at the range) has done wonders. Im seeing so many more shots now with my baby draw and/or straight. Yes some are still a fade at times. But only very few have been pulls and pull hooks. Ive been through 3 - 100 ball buckets this week. And Im begining to get use to now funally taking some more of the right hand away and the casting of the club that was causing so many of the issues is begining to disappear.

here is the vid fwiw. Let me say i dont beleive it has to be about removing your dominant hand totally. But because many of us (certainly myself) tend to get far too dominant with our dminant hand/arm it may require the thought to get rid of it when in reality it will really only reasult in just not allowing it to be too dominanat and cause the troubles it can cause. My coach has already me working on this same result but in different ways of trying to acheive it. This idea in the bid thoguh fwiw just realy seems to be working great for me. I ahvnt felt this relaxed with my right hand in quite while. As said three times now at the range and while not yet engrained it has helped a ton. Todays range sessio wa the best one yet and begining to feel like Im not fighting it nearly as much as i was. I been practicing this drill mentjoned in the vid between hitting balls and its really been working. I hope its not juust another temporary false revelation. I expct nothing anymore casue i been through them too many times and its like th by who cired wolf. But this really does finally feel like its working towards this part of my on going issue. Thought Id share if anyone finds it worth while

Back