How do you choose your golf ball?

1. Under $40 per dozen
2. Urethane cover
3. Mid compression at the most

Very happy with overall performance I get with B330-RX and Chrome Softs. Both meet all 3 criteria as I am always able to find the Bridgestone balls somewhere under $40.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Price. Composition. Performance. If it's in my price point I'll try just about anything, so I typically find what I like after trying different brands out.

1. Short game feel. I don't want to just say spin, so much as something that has good feel and sound with my wedges and produces confidence it'll go where I think I want it to. Usually that's a urethane/spinnier ball.
2. Price.
3. Long game dispersion. I'm aware that often time this works against point #1 unless it's a real tour ball, but I do still look for it. I know a bad swing is a bad swing and I deserve all the balls that end up in Mexico, but I know there are balls that tend to spin more off the tee.

Price plays a good amount in my decision followed by how much spin I'm able to get around the greens

i'm assuming you're asking how i pick a ball when i'm interested in trying something different from my gamer. i'll read reviews, and what the company says. i buy into the assertion that swing speed matters, and knowing that i'm a mid-speed low-spin player, (i think) i need higher spin balls that compress easily. i'll buy a dozen, and if they work i'll stick with them. if there's something i see that i don't like, i'll relegate them to the shag bag and start all over.

Reading about the tech on THP along with the reviews and if it's a price I'm comfortable with I give it a shot. I love the Chrome+ and wouldn't have tried it if it wasn't for this site.

For me, it's all about feel especially on the green and my putting stroke. I like a soft feel so for me it's NXT Tour-S, Wilson Duo, Chrome Soft, Super Soft. etc.

Technical aspect for me. Needs to be straight off the tee and provide me an assist with some added distance. Need a soft feel around the green since I miss about 60% of GIR. The ball that can provide the best balance is what I play. Lean toward Bridgestone B330-RX and Callaway Chromesoft which are very similar balls.

1. Price
2. Distance
3. Price
4. Dispersion
5. Price
6. Green-side spin
7. Price

1. Feel and spin with iron and wedge shots
2. Distance and spin off the tee
3. Price

I like a Urethane cover with a softer core. Compression cant be more than high 80's and usually a 3 piece ball.

Ball fitting and experimentation. Having played prov1 for a long time I don't pat much attention to price. Based on my fitting I will test different balls and anything that's close will get a more in depth chance.

Price, Feel, and numbers I produce are my main contributing factors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spin off my irons and wedges. Greenside performance. Feel.

Chrome Soft and ProV1 are my top two so far

In no particular order, I usually take price, THP buzz and feel into consideration.

1. Price
2. My prior experience with it

price is huge for me, because I can lose a lot of balls on the course. What THP'ers are saying about the ball is another thing I will look at. Lastly is spin and feel of the ball around the green. I will do a lot of trial and error to figure it out. Last year I played a lot of different golf balls earlier because they were cheap. I eventually settled on W/S duo and the Srixon Q Star. Right now I have some B330's, E6, and Z stars to try out for next year.

1. Softness (the softer the better)
2. Price

I suppose I start with:

1). Feel
2). How does it perform on the green
3). Durability

For while it was trial and error for me, buying a box here, getting sleeve there. I'll admit price isn't a huge deal to me because in the end if I like a specific ball, the price isn't going to truly stop me - unless I am constantly losing them.

At this point in my career, price. But it's more than just going with the cheapest ball. I try to stay within a few brands and strike when the price drops/sale happens. I mean, getting Srixon Z-Stars for $7/dozen like I did a few months ago? Who wouldn't jump on that deal? I mostly stick to Wilson Staff, Srixon, and Bridgestone for my golf balls.

I look for a urethane ball that isn't too soft and/or launch too high, that performs well for me around the green, and holds its line well in general. I was playing primarily the B330 or similar balls, but with recent equipment changes have found that B330-S or similar seem to be better for me.

Curious as to what changes you made and what you saw from those changes? Looks like you have a setup that that promotes low spin/low traj. Were you seeing too much of a loss of spin when you changed and needed to get some of it back with the B330-S?

Sound off the putter and short game feel, it's where I really think about personally so if it fits those criteria I will game it any day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitting(s), Testing, Testing, Testing....

Spin and price point.

Went through a Bridgestone fitting a few times. The B330, which I was fit for, does everything I want in a ball. Low spin off the tee, spins around the greens, and has great durability.

1.Price, cheapest good ball here is Duo for $24 doz, B330RX Chrome soft both in the $55-$75 range and pro v $85-$95 range. So i make my balls last a few rounds.
2.Durability
3.Feel/sound off the clubs and putter
4.Urethane, except the Duo's i can play in winter when the greens are softer and the ball stops. Might need to try the Duo Urethane though.

Back