Would this piss you off?

why not just ask to play through given your alone and the circumstances. Would be pretty hard to visualize them turning you down. But even if they did why not just go to play 11?

IDk just seems silly to walk off when there were other options possble.

I was already behind two groups with a 3rd teeing off and another group approaching. I hear you, but best option as others have mentioned was just to skip a few hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That wouldn't happen at the course I currently belong to, a daily fee course that offers memberships that have certain benefits. They don't let anyone go off the back nine. Unfortunately for those who like to go out as singles, they also are not very single friendly, seldom letting a single go off unless there is no group to pair them with. That is the policy at least in the mornings when I typically play.

Yeah - I really need to find some guys to consistently golf with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be annoyed. I would have gone past them and then would have gone into the club house when I was finished to tell them about what happened

I would have skipped ahead, no questions and no cares

I would have jumped ahead to the 11th tee box and played in front of 10th hole group (s) .

you know what though? to be fair and I am making some assumptions here fwiw.
I assume you were a sinlge as you mentioned the first group of the day let you pass through. So to be fair to the course....your basically (as a solo player) poping up on 10 a whole lot quicker than expected. Meaning that group you originally played through may have been an hour or more behind. I might assume the course was figuring on that as they sent the groups to the 10th tee. IDK but just trying to come up with something there. None the less of course it still wasnt really fair to you. But I just know that plenty places will send people to play the back9 as an early morning special and they figure a 2 hr window of time is available to do so beofre the first group makes the turn.

Back