Cobra King LTD Driver Questions- any player or for better players?

gotafive

Reaction score
Handicap
HI all,

Bought a new King Cobra LTD Driver this weekend. I had tested it on the range for about 40 hits and loved it, then I bought it and went back to the range, although my back was very soar that day I was getting lots of slices. I am working on my swing a lot this month so that will straighten out over time I am sure, my question is... Should I have given the FLy-Z or Callaway XR16 a shot over the King LTD? being that it is a very expensive driver. FYI, I am just getting back into golf, for sure a hacker. Best round last year was a 99.. for me that's amazing trust me. So I want to upgrade my 8+ yr old $100 set of clubs and this is my first step, just wondering if I should of went with a cheaper model as maybe this KING LTD is designed for more of an "above average" golfer??

TY

I am average at best and I really like the driver. Quite forgiving IMO. What setting do you have it on?

Thanks for links as well above, im half way thru that review, amazing.

As of now I am at 10.5D, stock shaft.. Im willing to blame my back and bad swing in general to it all just want to play with is as much as possible over the next month

Isn't that how it always happens!!!?? Kill it before you buy it, buy it, then it causes troubles... I will say, I have hit the LTD in the store only and I didn't find it that forgiving. Bought a Fly Z on a whim as it was cheap and I have to say, I am really impressed with it. Very comparable to the G30 in a lot of ways but sounds/feels much better. I would try and work with the LTD a little more before you make any drastic decisions, but I think you will be fine no matter what you decide. A lot of people love that LTD, but if it isn't for you, there are a lot of other great options.

Thanks for links as well above, im half way thru that review, amazing.

As of now I am at 10.5D, stock shaft.. Im willing to blame my back and bad swing in general to it all just want to play with is as much as possible over the next month
Maybe try experimenting with loft. Going up to 11.5 helped me when I demo'd it.

Either way I would wait until you are healthy before deciding anything.

Either way I would wait until you are healthy before deciding anything.

Good advice for sure! You need to be healthy to make sure your conclusions aren't physical!!

If you look at the data, you'll see that it actually had slightly higher MOI than M2, GBB, and G LS

So it's the most forgiving driver ever for how low spin it is and the best driver ever designed if the spin fits you

Back