Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

This thread has me excited to swing them. I like the look of a small face when looking down on the club. But with the way 441 hit these in FL this past weekend. I need to overlook the size difference and give these a swing. Heck, I have never swung a Wilson club. I really need to look at the Brand more.

Every time you post in this thread, it makes me more excited for these irons. I've never tried graphite in an iron, but hearing this puts me in ponder mode.
I'm excited people are excited to try these. I've honestly never been on the forefront of new tech, so I really need to thank THP and Wilson Staff for this opportunity. It's been an eye-opening, and wonderful experience.

For guy that hits a regular shaft, would you guys think a regular in graphite is the right flex?

Can't wait to hear who got the clubs! :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

For guy that hits a regular shaft, would you guys think a regular in graphite is the right flex?
I worried about this as well, and Duffy said I definitely would fit into the R-flex in the Aldila Rogue Pro shafts. I figure since he fits the W/S pro's, he'd know. It's worked out really well for me so far.

Contacted Wilson about the graphite shafts and specs. After being on hold for almost 25 minutes because they had to get a hold of Aldila, these are the specs of the shaft. I only got regular and stiff specs:

R- 75 Grams weight, 4.0* torque
S- 80 Grams weight, 3.5 * torque

He also said that Aldila was not aware that they didn't have the specs posted and will modify their website as well as Wilson will put this info into their custom catalog.

This is for the Aldila Rogue Pro graphite shaft

Last edited:
Eh I would have liked to but I don't think I'm going to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're not doing the work yourself it could get a bit pricey just to find out if it's a significant difference.

I think that is likely accurate although it is tough to say in the abstract.

Contacted Wilson about the graphite shafts and specs. After being on hold for almost 25 minutes because they had to get a hold of Aldila, these are the specs of the shaft. I only got regular and stiff specs:

R- 75 Grams weight, 4.0* torque
S- 80 Grams weight, 3.5 * torque

He also said that Aldila was not aware that they didn't have the specs posted and will modify their website as well as Wilson will put this info into their custom catalog.

This is for the Aldila Rogue Pro graphite shaft

congrats on the purchase!

congrats on the purchase!

This is not a total purchase, just a 7 iron to see how they work with the graphite shaft. No stores in my area carry them or fitting centers, so I'm willing to bite the bullet on a single club. An expensive test for sure, but really no other options currently.

Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

This is not a total purchase, just a 7 iron to see how they work with the graphite shaft. No stores in my area carry them or fitting centers, so I'm willing to bite the bullet on a single club. An expensive test for sure, but really no other options currently.

Might want to try a soft stepped steel regular. It's what I have in my GMax irons and like that little extra whip I get.

The good news is that you can find first hand knowledge right here by guys that have been playing the clubs for months. Or you can take it a step further, and jump into the THP Event with Wilson later this year and meet the team that built these, talk to them about your thoughts and here why they do the things differently.

Of course also have a chance to grab some equipment, play some fun golf and meet some THPers.
Agree wholeheartedly about this forum. I'm new, and as I said on the introduction thread I've been very impressed with the civility and willingness to jump in and help out.

I just landed in Tucson and have been trying to find somewhere that has the C200s to look check out. I went to Vann's off of Grant already and no dice. Anyone on here familiar with Tucson that might know where to find these clubs? I'm heading out now with Google maps to hit all the stores from the Wilson site...

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

After watching 441's game with these I'm pretty sure I need a set

Agree wholeheartedly about this forum. I'm new, and as I said on the introduction thread I've been very impressed with the civility and willingness to jump in and help out.

I just landed in Tucson and have been trying to find somewhere that has the C200s to look check out. I went to Vann's off of Grant already and no dice. Anyone on here familiar with Tucson that might know where to find these clubs? I'm heading out now with Google maps to hit all the stores from the Wilson site...

If u dont have a ton of luck, some of us up in NE OH play (and now sim) quite a bit, both my brother (Robman7) and I have these irons and if you came up would be more than willing to let you take some swings with them

After watching 441's game with these I'm pretty sure I need a set

C200 vs C200 #THPCallout rematch?

If u dont have a ton of luck, some of us up in NE OH play (and now sim) quite a bit, both my brother (Robman7) and I have these irons and if you came up would be more than willing to let you take some swings with them
Thanks! That's great and very generous. I'm a lefty though. I'm assuming that's an issue...?

Thanks! That's great and very generous. I'm a lefty though. I'm assuming that's an issue...?

darn, yep

That would require a trip to CT.

Paging CMedina...

darn, yep
It's a tough life on the other side of the ball. Thanks for the offer.

Maybe next Spring we can play a round 4v4 somewhere in the middle around Columbus etc...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The graphite shafts for me, are way better than kbs tours. I struggled with launch with kbs tour 90s in my previous set (adams cb3) so it was very pleasing to see my iron shots go both higher and further in the rogue pros.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'm still trying to figure out if keeping my kbs tour v shafts would be the better option over the aldila graphite. I have no knowledge of this shaft but from the reviews it sounds like they make what's already a high launching club even higher. I would imagine using my tour v shafts with the c200 head would generate a little higher trajectory but not crazy high like the graphites? Of that's the case, it sounds like these clubs with my tour v's would be incredible.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I'm still trying to figure out if keeping my kbs tour v shafts would be the better option over the aldila graphite. I have no knowledge of this shaft but from the reviews it sounds like they make what's already a high launching club even higher. I would imagine using my tour v shafts with the c200 head would generate a little higher trajectory but not crazy high like the graphites? Of that's the case, it sounds like these clubs with my tour v's would be incredible.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Send me your tour v shafts. I'll install them and let you know!

Back