Sunglasses- Keep the sun out of your eyes

I ruin glasses all the time so I tend to stay with glasses from peppers, Reks, and Native when the go on sale. Have probably 5 I rotate through but always brown polarized lenses.

Am I the only Maui Jim guy with their bronze ST glass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunglasses are a polarizing (pun fully intended) accessory on the golf course. For some players (David Duval comes to mind), they’re as much a part of golf attire as pants or cleats. Other players have never used them and swear they never will. I use sunglasses and my favorites are Under Armour Igniter Sunglasses, Satin Black / Gray Multiflection Lens, 60 mm. They are very comfortable, qualitative, large wraparound lenses provide great protection, titanium-infused frame for durability, but the price is quite good $52.99. I also ordered something similar for my wife from https://www.layoners.com.

Last edited:
I actually just buy a cheap no name brand of sunglasses. I make sure I take them off on the green.

I literally use a pair of Amber shades I bought from one of those state rest stops on the Mass turnpike. I lose any nice sunglasses I buy.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Oakley Flak Jackets, polarized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using some puma polarized. They work and we're not that expensive if they break. Usually in for the $30 pair and now i have a few pair for the golf compartment in the car. Just in case... At the beach, pool and golf course. Not high fashion

Back to Smith Guide's Choice sunglasses with polarchromic techlite glass copper mirror. I can use these is a large variety of light conditions. Love them until I break them.

Tifosi w/polarized lenses.

I wear transition lenses, so I have my sunglasses built in.

Generally Oakley Holbrook's or a pair of my Persols. Generally though I only wear them between shots. Never over the ball or on the green.

Oakley Radar or Targetline (I've worn nothing but Oakleys for close to 30 years). But I'm another one who isn't comfortable over the ball with sunglasses on. I wear them between shots and put them up on my hat when actually hitting.

Rayban wayfarer polarized. Zero issue wearing sunglasses while golfing. These are my every day shades and they work while golfing too.

I game a pair of Oakley Flak 2.0s with Polarized Prism lenses.

You are walking out of the house to head to the course on a sunny day. You grab your hat (unless you are Rory in the Ryder Cup) and sunglasses. What type sunglasses do you grab and what type of lenses are best for your eyes and game?

I used to, but since I've found a pair of glasses that stay put on my head while I'm swinging, I opt for vision over sunglasses. Now, if I had prescription lenses for my Tifosis this would be a different conversation.

Costa with amber lens. Less eye strain with no headaches or squinting. Best thing is the clarity they provide. I’ll wear cheaper brands but they don’t compare. All must be amber and polarized.

I’m usually wearing my transitions, so glasses always on my head anyhow.

If I’ve got contacts in, I really like my Maui Jim polarized.

My answer is actually a bit different these days. My wife got me some custom Oakleys for golf for a birthday. Pretty darn cool stuff they can make if you are willing to wait.

You are walking out of the house to head to the course on a sunny day. You grab your hat (unless you are Rory in the Ryder Cup) and sunglasses. What type sunglasses do you grab and what type of lenses are best for your eyes and game?
Almost exclusively Oakley for no real reason.

This year it's been Pizm Golf in the dark version, and I dig it.

Picked up a pair of Oakley Sliver on the cheap recently. I rarely wear a hat when on the course, so sunglasses are the norm.

Just bought a pair of Magpul Optics, and then noticed Reks had a buy one get one free sale going. So now I have 3 pairs :D

I’m like many, wear tri-focal prescription coke bottles in my normal glasses and I have a pair of single vision Maui Jim sunglasses. Unfortunately I can wear them for everything except golf, depth perception completely off. Have tried multiple times but no go. Wish I could wear them as I have dry eyes and at times I forget drops and eyes sting so much I can barely hold them open.

Don't golf in sunglasses, unless I absolutely have to have them on a hole that I cannot see because of the sun.

I think I should bring back the flip up sunglasses for my prescription glasses. I really want to wear prescription sunglasses while playing but not sure I could putt with them on and switching back and forth would be a pain.

Back