Sunglasses- Keep the sun out of your eyes

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
You are walking out of the house to head to the course on a sunny day. You grab your hat (unless you are Rory in the Ryder Cup) and sunglasses. What type sunglasses do you grab and what type of lenses are best for your eyes and game?

I just can't golf in sunglasses. I've tried before I needed glasses, after I got prescription sunglasses (polarized and non-polarized) but I just can't do it. I don't know why but no pair has ever felt right when standing over the ball.

I have 5 pairs of shades right now and I could wear any of them. I have started not wearing shades though because I have a harder time spotting the ball off of the tee when I hit it. Been playing by myself some so this has been problematic.

I have Oakley's with Rx (single vision) with golf Prizm lenses.

I have Rx sunglasses with HD lenses that make the colors pop nicely for me. Unless it turns into a dark overcast once i put them on to play, i have to keep them on so my eyes don't freak out.

Oakley RX with tungsten iridium lenses. The brown makes the greens and whites of golf pop, while also being suitable to wear in uniform, unlike the Prizm Golf lenses.

I have prescription shades with amber lenses and they make everything really easy to see on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I have my glasses on, I also have sunglasses (transitions). But if I have my contacts in, I like a wraparound kind as long as the lenses do not touch my cheeks. So I gotta go through the whole rack to find something I can wear.

Oakley’s with Oakley prescription lenses. Bloody expensive, but worth it.

Oakley with Prizm lenses. They are freaking awesome

Usually Oakley's, with some sort of red Prizm lens

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Right now I am rocking Oakley Holbrooks with the prizm lenses, but mostly because they can be found for around $100 and they are solid lenses.

I used to wear one of 2 pair of Peak Vision golf sunglasses but now I have the Oakley Dark Golf lenses.

When REKS had their 25% sale for prescription or regular sunglasses months ago, I bought a pair. I’m a RayBan fan but these are keepers. I got the smoke colored SeaFarer model and they are comfortable, lightweight and durable. These are my go to sunglasses for the foreseeable future.

I have prescription distance lenses in a pair of Ray Ban wayfarers, and Oakley priz m lenses which work very well.

I just can't golf in sunglasses. I've tried before I needed glasses, after I got prescription sunglasses (polarized and non-polarized) but I just can't do it. I don't know why but no pair has ever felt right when standing over the ball.

Same issue here, like it’s a depth perception problem when standing over the ball. Frustrating because I wear polarized sunglasses for every other outside activity but can’t wear them while golfing.

I have a pair of Oakleys with the prism lenses but on sunny days they are useless. Great for overcast. Best pair I had was my smith toaster frames with the orange lens.

Reks normally for me.

Oakley with Prizm lenses for the golf course. Maui Jim or Ray Ban Wayfarer for driving or just walking around.

When REKS had their 25% sale for prescription or regular sunglasses months ago, I bought a pair. I’m a RayBan fan but these are keepers. I got the smoke colored SeaFarer model and they are comfortable, lightweight and durable. These are my go to sunglasses for the foreseeable future.

I got the REKS prescription too. They are great for both golfing and biking. I got the Slingblade version, love the fact that they stay in place when I bend over a ball, no sliding down my nose. Would definitely buy them again.

Polarized sunglasses from the sporting goods section of WalMart for around $5, but I never use them when I play golf

I see a lot of love for a few familiar brands which was expected but how did you all make your lens choice? So many options and hard to tell what will work in the store.

I wear prescription sunglasses with progressive bifocal ,polarized lenses and it took me a while to get used to wearing them golfing.Now ,if itsa sunny, early morning they are on.They help me pick up the ball better and give me better contrast on a partly cloudy day.

I wear Bolle Breaker V3 Golf with prescription lenses. Best tint for golf for me is brown to red-ish brown, as it increases contrast for green and white.
I wanted a wrap around style for maximum eye protection and there are not many brands that works for my high index prescription.
I also have Oakley but Bolle fits better and the V3 lense is photochromic so it changes darkness with the ambient light levels, so I wear these sunglasses all the time when I am golfing even if it is overcast. UV is always there here in Cali.

Back