Live Club Testing - Come Join Us

Shot a solid 79 today. Tee game was ok, iron game still bad. Luckily my short game was very, very good. Only hit 6/18 greens. So fun today with friends new and old.
The new xr driver is solid, feels much better than the previous one IMO.
RJB was killing the f6+ all day long, Troy hut 3 drives over 300 with the xr pro, XMan hit some bombs with the ltd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sorely dislike the rain.

What I had in tee game, I lacked everywhere else, couldn't string two good shots together. The XR and XR Pro are far improved in my mind on sound alone. Got some decent shots with then on the range. The new ball seemed to maybe be a hair shorter than the Chrome Soft, but it's marginal, if not entirely in my head. Spin was comparable, nothing really stood out add either exceptional or poor.

As for my personal goal of outdriving Wardy at least once today, I accomplished that on the first hole. Nevermind that he blocked his shot high right, that's neither here nor there.

Just got caught up on all of the action in here. Thanks for all the posts and looks like a good time was had as always. So I want to hit those C200's, XXIO and the XR for sure.

Great job everyone.

JM

Just got caught up on all of the action in here. Thanks for all the posts and looks like a good time was had as always. So I want to hit those C200's, XXIO and the XR for sure.

Great job everyone.

JM

The XR was really nice, I'd probably bomb them if I could get me ridiculous spin down. Interested to see what the data says

We finished, dropped the clubs off and the next group hasn't hit 18 yet.
#weplayfast

yes, yes you do

so much fun today with flaMtneer, 441 and war eagle. we won a million dollars closing out 441 and beags on 15 iirc. I made my contributions on the front for the most part, but Mike proved why he is a 4 and golfed the hell out of his ball on the back. it was awesome to watch.

my impression from the xr16 is that it feels a good bit like what my xr fw feels like. to be honest, that's not a great thing BUT it absolutely moved. of the 5 swings I had on flight scope (we won't talk about the chunk...) I felt like 4 of them were pretty darn good. I'd like to know what my numbers were. I could use more loft, though. based on this small sample, it's not kicking my gamer out of the bag but it's a solid option.

no swings with the pro for me

I really enjoyed the ball. it was different from anything I've played before. i hit some big drives with this that didn't move much. the spin I want on my irons, not more than I see with chromesoft. my short game is really struggling, so any feedback I could give about greenside spin is worthless. I really liked the feel off the putter. but after I lost the balls, I switched to chromesoft and found that I prefer its feel over the test ball. I'd definitely game it.

many thanks to thp for another perfectly executed day, even though the weather tried to thwart everything. and I'm already having thp withdrawals!

so much fun today with flaMtneer, 441 and war eagle. we won a million dollars closing out 441 and beags on 15 iirc. I made my contributions on the front for the most part, but Mike proved why he is a 4 and golfed the hell out of his ball on the back. it was awesome to watch.

my impression from the xr16 is that it feels a good bit like what my xr fw feels like. to be honest, that's not a great thing BUT it absolutely moved. of the 5 swings I had on flight scope (we won't talk about the chunk...) I felt like 4 of them were pretty darn good. I'd like to know what my numbers were. I could use more loft, though. based on this small sample, it's not kicking my gamer out of the bag but it's a solid option.

no swings with the pro for me

I really enjoyed the ball. it was different from anything I've played before. i hit some big drives with this that didn't move much. the spin I want on my irons, not more than I see with chromesoft. my short game is really struggling, so any feedback I could give about greenside spin is worthless. I really liked the feel off the putter. but after I lost the balls, I switched to chromesoft and found that I prefer its feel over the test ball. I'd definitely game it.

many thanks to thp for another perfectly executed day, even though the weather tried to thwart everything. and I'm already having thp withdrawals!

Awesome meeting you and Mike. You guys hit some great shots out there and i really enjoyed the round

Today was awesome. The Xr16 had a great feel off the face with a nice solid sound. I would need some more time to see if it would be gamed. Excited to test it out some more!

JB what did I end up scoring? We went to the patio, did not know you and Tadashi70 headed back to 18.

Stop and go most of I-4, double the time to get home (3hrs) then getting there.

Awesome group and time. Enjoyed it everyone!

Almost forgot. I need a XXIO Prime driver......Taking donations, hahaha. After the first hit with it, an expletive will be coming from you. That is in a good way. That driver and the C200 irons. I can see breaking 80's for the first time.

Awesome meeting you and Mike. You guys hit some great shots out there and i really enjoyed the round
I enjoyed the round too. Remember when we were up 2? Then they dropped 13 consecutive birdies on us. That was cool.

Today was awesome. The Xr16 had a great feel off the face with a nice solid sound. I would need some more time to see if it would be gamed. Excited to test it out some more!

JB what did I end up scoring? We went to the patio, did not know you and Tadashi70 headed back to 18.

Almost forgot. I need a XXIO Prime driver......Taking donations, hahaha. After the first hit with it, an expletive will be coming from you. That is in a good way. That driver and the C200 irons. I can see breaking 80's for the first time.
U hit that xxio rellly really well. Wasnt sure how it stacked up to your current gamer but based on your reactions i figured that xxio was longer

At least by 20-30 yards. Maybe I could be behind only 50yds from Tadashi70. JB almost had a swish hole in one. Maybe 2in.

Made it home, rained the whole way. Will have more detailed thoughts on the XR16 line later, but wow, these drivers were performers!

The regular XR on the range & launch monitor was awesome. I ddint get to see my numbers but they all felt so solid. (except the topped one, sorry for the mud shower Tadashi!)

I was able to take the XR16 Pro out on the course today. The shaft was an X flex Fujikura Speeder, was either the 50 or 60 gram weight. It felt pretty stout, and I play stiff in my gamers. Prob overswinging but the results were pretty fun! Ball flight was LOW, but that is not new to my tee game, total distance was long!

As for my playing partners, had a great time with Jhoefer, X man & Rjb Camaro. We played a best ball match and was competitive for the first 8 holes, then my short game fell to pieces, Xman and I ended up losing 4&3.

Great to meet new Thpers and catch up with old friends. I loved the course, some minor green issues on some holes but overall, really enjoyed Lake Jovita North.

Last edited:
Made it home, rained the whole way. Will have more detailed thoughts on the XR16 line later, but wow, these drivers were performers!

The regular XR on the range & launch monitorXman was awesome. I ddint get to see my numbers but they all felt so solid. (except the topped one, sorry for the mud shower Tadashi!)

I was able to take the XR16 Pro out on the course today. The shaft was an X flex Fujikura Speeder, was either the 50 or 60 gram weight. It felt pretty stout, and I play stiff in my gamers. Prob overswinging but the results were pretty fun! Ball flight was LOW, but that is not new to my tee game, total distance was long!

As for my playing partners, had a great time with Jhoefer, X man & Rjb Camaro. We played a best ball match and was competitive for the first 8 holes, then my short game fell to pieces, Xman and I ended up losing 4&3.

Great to meet new Thpers and catch up with old friends. I loved the course, some minor green issues on some holes but overall, really enjoyed Lake Jovita North.
good seeing you again bud! #XRProBullets

Same here. Had an awesome time! Great meeting everyone - awesome group of folks!

I only took five cuts with the XR driver and one of the four showed promise. I guess you can't expect much with your first 5 swings. It has some pop, as one would expect and from what I saw launches the ball high.

The Pro has a smaller head and a bit less forgiveness. I saw a lower ball flight but the same blazing speed off the face. I'd love to have both of these clubs for a weekend.

Today was 77 with that stupid double bogey.

A quick comment on the XXIO prime I had just hit my 5 with the XR and had a decent driver swing working for me. Walked over to where 441 was and asked if I could hit it, the 1st impression of the shaft is it is way to soft / flexible. Doing the waggle test it moves LOT, took one swing and gave it back fast it had to be quite a bit longer than the XR and fell amazing thru the ball. They really have it figured out, I watched 4 people hit and all smoked it, swore and shook their head.

A quick comment on the XXIO prime I had just hit my 5 with the XR and had a decent driver swing working for me. Walked over to where 441 was and asked if I could hit it, the 1st impression of the shaft is it is way to soft / flexible. Doing the waggle test it moves LOT, took one swing and gave it back fast it had to be quite a bit longer than the XR and fell amazing thru the ball. They really have it figured out, I watched 4 people hit and all smoked it, swore and shook their head.

You definitely murdered that last XR16 ball. I didnt see you hit the Prime, but if you hit it further, that is definitely solid stuff.

Murdered? Wait you have me confused with someone else, 208 total I think you said was my long. My Internet ego is still shattered.

Murdered? Wait you have me confused with someone else, 208 total I think you said was my long. My Internet ego is still shattered.

Murdered is different for every person. I saw the others, and have of course seen you play. That last XR (and we were getting no roll due to wet) was a long ball. In fact based on swing speed and stuff, as close to maxed out as one if going to get.

I swore when I hit it, it had to be 240 at least. But the numbers don't lie, too bad I can't buy 25 yrs., now that would help my game.

What a great time was had yesterday. Great course with better people. I shot a decent 43/44.

I didn't see my numbers with the XR, but the ball flight was great and it seemed to get out there. Sound and feel seemed to be a bit of an improved last year's, which I play now. I would definitely spend more time with it given the opportunity.

The skins game is going to be boring this morning compared to yesterday. I at least had one birdie. Great course and even better people. GRCTampa and I bought beer 12 beers $72...ouch.

Back