JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Anybody have one? Share your experience? I had a briefcase meltdown on this trip and am looking strongly at these.

I have a backpack and a smaller messenger bag and absolutely love them. My wife uses a Tom Bihn bag for her work bag as well.

The most durable bags I’ve had by a mile. I’m rough on my daily carry bag and I think I’ve had the messenger for 5 years now and the backpack for 2.

• Admin
I have a backpack and a smaller messenger bag and absolutely love them. My wife uses a Tom Bihn bag for her work bag as well.

The most durable bags I’ve had by a mile. I’m rough on my daily carry bag and I think I’ve had the messenger for 5 years now and the backpack for 2.

Thanks. Is your messenger the Pilot by chance?

My Hartmann was really good but after a couple of years of travel did not hold up well and the handle literally melted in AZ.

Thanks. Is your messenger the Pilot by chance?

My Hartmann was really good but after a couple of years of travel did not hold up well and the handle literally melted in AZ.

I have the Ristretto. The backpack is the Synapse 25.

My coworker has the pilot and loves it. He was the one who suggested the company.

• Admin
I have the Ristretto. The backpack is the Synapse 25.

My coworker has the pilot and loves it. He was the one who suggested the company.

I love where it’s made and the warranty. Trying to figure out if I can hold laptop (13 MBP), iPad, Bose QC35 and then a battery case for cameras since I cannot check that battery type.

I love where it’s made and the warranty. Trying to figure out if I can hold laptop (13 MBP), iPad, Bose QC35 and then a battery case for cameras since I cannot check that battery type.

I had the same questions with the backpack and ended up going up a size so I can use it for overnights without bringing a second bag. They’re good with returns if you wanted to just try it.

There’s also a forum/Q&A section on site that was really helpful when I was looking.

That said, that seems like it would fit from eyeballing the bag when I've seen my friend carry it.

• Admin
I have moved past these due to lack of solid form and extra cost for the strap (just rubs me wrong), and now back at square one.

I have moved past these due to lack of solid form and extra cost for the strap (just rubs me wrong), and now back at square one.

I was not happy paying for the laptop sleeve.

I'm trying to remember what company my last messenger bag was. It had removable compartments in it for camera stuff.

• Admin
I was not happy paying for the laptop sleeve.

I'm trying to remember what company my last messenger bag was. It had removable compartments in it for camera stuff.

Yeah when I added the sleeve, one other thing and the shoulder strap it was $100 more.

Thanks for your help MP.
I ended up getting a Briggs and Riley at a local place and still got the lifetime warranty.

Thanks for your help MP.
I ended up getting a Briggs and Riley at a local place and still got the lifetime warranty.

Glad to help, and glad you found something to work.

Nothing worse than having a travel bag that doesn’t work great.

Glad to help, and glad you found something to work.

Nothing worse than having a travel bag that doesn’t work great.

Yeah, I really like the TB stuff and have a feeling at some point I add a smaller one for the arsenal

Yeah, I really like the TB stuff and have a feeling at some point I add a smaller one for the arsenal

I think that’s the sweet spot. The bigger bags can get very expensive very quickly and I think there is more competition there that checks some of the same boxes. But I love the smaller backpack/messenger I have for lighter/everyday carry.

I think that’s the sweet spot. The bigger bags can get very expensive very quickly and I think there is more competition there that checks some of the same boxes. But I love the smaller backpack/messenger I have for lighter/everyday carry.

Agreed. One of the reasons that I went in a different direction is the lack of distinguishing pockets. Whereas with the B&R everything has a place. Big fan of the Pilot though.

Back