2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm not sure what the question is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you say, "work off of", what layout do you have in mind?

When you say, "work off of", what layout do you have in mind?

Well my buddy laid me out a work out plan, pretty close to what I was doing just changed up the sets and reps through the weeks going 3x6-8 week one, 5x5 week 2, 5-4-3-2-1 in week 3, then doing a high rep workout in week 4. Working at 70-80% of my max. But I have to establish a max before I know what what 80% of it is.

Well my buddy laid me out a work out plan, pretty close to what I was doing just changed up the sets and reps through the weeks going 3x6-8 week one, 5x5 week 2, 5-4-3-2-1 in week 3, then doing a high rep workout in week 4. Working at 70-80% of my max. But I have to establish a max before I know what what 80% of it is.

You could use a 1rm calculator to give you an estimate and then adjust from there if either to light or heavy

You could use a 1rm calculator to give you an estimate and then adjust from there if either to light or heavy

I ended up using them for the deadlifts and squats, but I don't like maxing out on the day I'm working that muscle group.

I gotta get back to the gym really its the only way im happy u know. Workin towards a goal

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

What do you guys and gals use for supps. Anything or just standard protein or do u use a lot of supps

What do you guys and gals use for supps. Anything or just standard protein or do u use a lot of supps

Personally I take a pre workout and a recovery shake post workout. I'm not a big supplements guy.

Ok thats what I do when working out. Also a daily vitamin thats about it

Ok thats what I do when working out. Also a daily vitamin thats about it

I know people that swear by supplements, I'm just not putting "extras" in my body. But at the same time I'm not big into medication, flu shots, etc.

Ive heard same stuff as well. Test boosters, creatine all that jazz. I dont want it much less spend money on it. Protein is expensive enough

Ive heard same stuff as well. Test boosters, creatine all that jazz. I dont want it much less spend money on it. Protein is expensive enough

Even protein isn't a necessity, depending on what you are trying to accomplish. Your body only needs about 60g a day to function. Obviously more with the more active you are. But your body just gets rid of the extra protein.

I have taken creatine in the past. I don't know if it did a ton. I just eat.

I see well I think a preworkout will help since I wont be getting to the gym until about 6:30 pm

Eating is absolutely crucial and what you're eating is too. Eating junk will get you a fat ass and thats about it lol supplements are exactly that, they supplement when you can't get your daily goal of xyz. Eating will always be the most important thing as I've found out but supplementing can certainly make things easier in a pinch. I only take whey in my shakes and a multivitamin, all I need besides good food.

Just fish oil.

Eating is absolutely crucial and what you're eating is too. Eating junk will get you a fat ass and thats about it lol supplements are exactly that, they supplement when you can't get your daily goal of xyz. Eating will always be the most important thing as I've found out but supplementing can certainly make things easier in a pinch. I only take whey in my shakes and a multivitamin, all I need besides good food.
I cheated today. Had Arby's after my workout as I was in a hurry to get to the sim. Dirty bulk

I cheated today. Had Arby's after my workout as I was in a hurry to get to the sim. Dirty bulk
I had Wendys 2 days ago so touche lol I walked by the oreos in the store tho, I was proud of myself.

Thx for the advice guys I appreciate it

Took my first full day off yesterday since Christmas and today cadio was misery. Hated every second of it but lifting was great.

Just won an auction for some adipower lifting shoes. I think I've got all the equipment I could possibly need for some serious lifting.

Very nice pick up sir.

I had Wendys 2 days ago so touche lol I walked by the oreos in the store tho, I was proud of myself.

Had Pizza last night at poker night. Can't say no to Bacon Pizza hot and right in front of me

Had Pizza last night at poker night. Can't say no to Bacon Pizza hot and right in front of me

That's an Atkins diet pizza, it's all good!

That's why he ate 4 of them lol

It's crazy, I was talking to my wife last night, and I brought up the 3800 calories someone was taking in. So i went my daily diet, and I'm lucky if I take in 2000 calories a day. 3800 is crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back