The best shot of the round

Had 50 feet to the pin from a small pot belly bunker. Due to recent storms the bunker was saturated, but not pooling. Pancaked it to 4 feet behind the hole and one-putted for the up-and-down. But what I was really happy with was shot shaping during the round. Was able to hit the shot shape I wanted all day long (I've been working on this for about 3 years now). After hitting my tee ball on 17, playing partner says, "You've been driving the ball beautifully all day. I don't think you've missed one fairway." I'd actually missed 2, but I knew what he meant.

325 Metre par 4 from the tee to the flag. Uphill all the way. Hit a beautiful 4 wood off the tee with a nice high draw which left me 101 metres to the flag.

I thought that was my best shot. Then i have a pitching wedge and hit it full as i was a hitting into a strong wind.

Left me with this for birdie. Which i sadly missed

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

290 yard drive to the apron of the green on a 300 yard hole. Chip and 2 putts for par

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hit every par 3 green so that's what I'll go with. Hit a bunch of other greens, but like the par 3 stat.

185 yard par 3, this was the result of my tee shot. I like tap-in birdies.

5687bd4d8e9bd8f56a3f2b111287843c.jpg

There's something that's especially great about the tap in birdie on a par 3 too. Even moreso than sticking your approach on a 4, at least to me.

Apex 5h from 171 out of a trap to 10 feet. Missed the birdie.

That was the best shot that I have ever seen from you from any bunker.
Apex 5h from 171 out of a trap to 10 feet. Missed the birdie.

Oh, and by the way, I didn't have any good shots today.

The 5 wood I crushed dead into the wind from 190 out to set up a 20 foot eagle putt. Burned the edge on the putt but left me a tap in birdie.

Dogleg right par 4 playing like 340 with junk between the fairway and the green. Hit the Mini off the tee and it leaked right trickling into a red hazard but findable about 2 feet into the hazard with some limbs just a few feet in front of the ball. Had 152 to the middle of the green and into the wind with ball sitting down in some dormant rough. Took the Apex 5 hybrid and choked down a bit with just really trying to aim left of the green (bailout spot) and leave a chance for an up/down par. Took a good hack and couldn't have caught it cleaner. Came out hot mid ball flight with a little fade riding the breeze. Landed around 6 feet short of hole on a down slope and rolled out to just past pin high and 4 feet right of flag. Made the putt back up the hill for birdie.

Had another great shot on 18....again with the Apex hybrid....seeing a trend here.

54* from 93, dropped it at 95 and pulled it back to the pin, settled 3" from the cup.

3 hybrid on 9 from 210 to 4 feet made the birdie

193 into the wind, hit 5i 190 and had a comfortable 2-putt for par on a long hole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chipped in from about 30 yards with a 54* wedge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gap wedge choked down from 100 yds to 3 feet.

3rd shot to a par 5 green which is slightly elevated from where I was hitting. 55 yds. to the pin that was a back pin placement and over a ridge back there in front of the pin. Hit a 54* wedge, nipped it sweetly, felt real good, looked real good and the ball mark on the wedge was right on the sweet spot. Saw it bounce twice and roll over the ridge. Got to the back of the green and only saw 3 balls. A playing partner who saw the shot says "Mick, you lookin for your ball? It's right here in the hole." Real Sweet. One of those shots where you see the shot and then be the shot. Knew it was gonna be close as soon as I hit it.

Par 3 fun, made the birdie.

3cebc0be9ce880d01db15ed93ada33cb.jpg

iron 5 out of a bunker, 185 yds just 3 yds short to the green. saved the par.

Had a really good tee shot and a pretty good approach on my par 5 nemesis hole today.

Took this pic halfway down the fairway, over the little hill on the right it opens up into a downhill valley, it was soggy today so I went for the valley and split it.

I normally lay up because it a pretty narrow landing area but I went for it today to test out the new GBB Heavenwood. Aimed a little left of the green because my miss is a fade and hit it dead straight and landed in the trap on the front left of the green.

The winter tees were about 30 yards shorter and I hit a 3W, when it went in the trap it ended up short of a pretty steep front side of the bunker. Had to get it up and out, went with the 60* and went across the green. Had to chip back on and 2 putted, so disappointed around the greens on that one.

Birdie on a par 4 which sits on a hill with large oaks in front of the green (literally impossible to hit straight on.) Used the Miura 3 hybrid to hit it long and low and laid it up about 15 yards south of the green.

Then took the 56* patted it down on the green 5 feet south and putted in!

Probably either 3w off the tee on 14, striping it, or on 17, 60* out of rough and over steep bunkers to 2 feet for par.

Hit a dozen balls today with no banana slices outside.Lessons are still working.Still can't believe how cupping it wide open makes me hit it dead statight.Played to a 100 yard practice hole and knocked my 8 iron within 40 feet and made a easy bogey.Not bad for me at all and a good start to 2016

Pitch on 18 over a greenside bunker to land on a downslope to pin. Up in down to save par. The shot needed to be crisp to apply spin on the ball to stop it rolling away. Slow slow backswing then applied the zip force to get it spinning with a open face. Checked up for a kick in. Buddies thought it was great but I knew it was perfect

Back