What old club would you buy for 25$ or less.....and game with?

clarkgriswold

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
OK so I love to scour eBay for random old clubs just to see what’s out there. Most of them I come across are pretty cheap. I’m not talking about classic Scottys or Vintage wall hangers. You have 25$ including shipping and you would have to use the club for at least your next 4 rounds. What do you buy and why? Please share links or photos if possible. Personally I’d go with and old ping zing or B60. Something about the classic pings i love, probably cause it was my first putter. But I could easily game one if them and then use it for some indoor putting practice after the fact.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PING-B60-PUTTER-35-INCHES-MEN-RIGHT-HANDED/362444005387

I'd game any of the Wilson Staff hybrids of the D100 and D200 line. They can routinely be had for that price (sometimes that even includes shipping). Given that I already have the D100's in my bag (and the D200's in my backup set), I know I'd be able to use them for more than four or five rounds.

Titleist 503h driving iron from 2007. I’ve had one in my bag since then and have a couple back ups that I paid $24 and $32 for on ebay. I have more than a dozen newer driving irons and hybrids from Ping, Callaway, Adams, Titleist, Mizuno, and TM and none of them are as good for my swing as the old Titleist.

Nickent IronWood hybrid if you can find one in decent condition. I still game my 20-degree 4DX on every round. I also have a 15.5-degree 2+ I'll put in the bag for tee shots on windy days.

I found a Cleveland 588 hybrid on eBay for that price. Since it's the best club ever made, that one.

A lot of 3-4+ year old Adams hybrids are kicking around in that price range. I have a 19 degree XTDti and a 22 degree Super Pro in the bag right now and paid right around $25 for each.

Putter-I'd pick up a Wilson Harmonozed M1
New. Comes with a good quality grip.

Iron Sets-good luck at Goodwill! It can be done but best best is garage sale/thrift store. My cheapest set is an older set of DCI (762? 752??-I'm not home and I'm forgetful) MB's in very playable condition w/ S300's on CPO for about $60.00 after discounts. 3-PW.

Wedges-Old Vokey Oilcans. I've bought several with acceptable grooves from CPO. As long as you don't get the very last condition on their chart they should be good enough. And for 10.00 each or so, you could probably call them up and get a set of 3 for 25.00

Hybrids-Cobra Bafflers circa 2007 or so. I bought a set of 1-5 with 2 4's for 70.00. Pick the 3 and 4/5 or any combo of 2 for 25.00

Fairway Wood-found an older Cobra HyperSteel(?) 3+ for 20.00 or so on CPO. I used it most of last season prior to finding my true love in an 816 Alpha.

Driver-Picked up an R7 Quad TP for 24.00 from CPO.

I could use this entire bag and probably post the same score as I do now. Maybe slightly higher since my current irons are a little more forgiving.

PING G5 Driver and fairway woods. Still are beasts

Nike Sasquatch 2 fairway woods

Old Ping G5

Next to my current setup, probably the best driver I've gamed.

Many Adams hybrids

Adams Tight Lies!

Anything if it works better than what I got for what I need it for.

Another Odyssey Dual Force putter. My first ever putter was the 990 (still in my basement), so maybe the 330.

Just bought a Mizuno Mp Fli-Hi, not the mp18 the older one, like new for $25 the other day. The thing is really great and went straight in my bag.

I got my 4 hybrid out of the used bin for under $20 and I love that thing

Not quite $25, but I just bought a brand new G15 3 iron for $50.

Dave

OK so I love to scour eBay for random old clubs just to see what’s out there. Most of them I come across are pretty cheap. I’m not talking about classic Scottys or Vintage wall hangers. You have 25$ including shipping and you would have to use the club for at least your next 4 rounds. What do you buy and why? Please share links or photos if possible. Personally I’d go with and old ping zing or B60. Something about the classic pings i love, probably cause it was my first putter. But I could easily game one if them and then use it for some indoor putting practice after the fact.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PING-B60-PUTTER-35-INCHES-MEN-RIGHT-HANDED/362444005387

Most of my bag!!!!!!

I was given a Ping ISI-K 3-PW set when I started golf about a year ago. I love them. I was given a Blade gap wedge, and a Ping Pro sand wedge by my instructor. I'm so-so on the blade, it's brilliant for 100 yard full swings but I struggle chipping with it. On the other hand the SW I love for everything! Then I bought a 58 with 8 degrees of bounce for $10 from someone who upgraded to help me with tight lies and opening the face.

Right now I'm spending my budget on lessons. When I'm a single digit handicap I will buy fitted clubs, but until then I feel like lessons will do more for me.

Whiskey

Orlimar Tri Metal

BB s2h2 divine 9 wood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s a few but these come to mind immediately
90444088958affc28cdcac508982bfa3.jpg
b8b4a82656eed0cc97945c774aef4e19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a Titleist 983K 10.5 degree driver with a Project X 5.5 shaft about 6-8 months ago for just under $25. I played it in high school and wanted it for nostalgia purposes, but also because I always hit it well. Until I recently got a steal on my current driver, I was using this 983K for months and was loving it. Those older pear-shaped head Titleist drivers (975J, 983K, etc) from 2003 to 2007 give or take will always be some of my favorites. Such good feel and control, all while still offering good distance.
images

983K%20DVR.jpg

Back