Deano

Reaction score
Handicap
Was on facebook the other day and people were asking for recommendations on the best fitting experience here in the UK.

I saw a few people mention Orka Golf and the guy who owns it was also involved. Got chatting to him privately and he's based 20 minutes from my house and the clubs are custom built to your specs.

Website here: https://www.orkagolf.com/

I'm booked in for a fitting on Wednesday and I'm excited to see what comes of it. I'll report back after but was just wondering if anyone has any experience of the brand?

Thanks

paging @93civic. he loves his orka clubs and hits them pretty well. i took a few swings with them last year at the titleist 718 irons event. seemed like a well-built club.

There used to be a fitter near me that carried Orka heads but I don't think he is building clubs any more these days

The usual UK venues suggested for fittings tend to be Tour X (Wigan, so a bit of a trek for you) and Precision Golf (South London-ish I think?)

There used to be a fitter near me that carried Orka heads but I don't think he is building clubs any more these days

The usual UK venues suggested for fittings tend to be Tour X (Wigan, so a bit of a trek for you) and Precision Golf (South London-ish I think?)

Yeah I've heard Tour X is very good. Excited to be going for my fitting tomorrow, going in open minded :)

Talked to Alex the last weekend, getting a selection of heads to see how they look and feel in the club connect system.

Reactions: J4U
Update:

Heads in hand, have the RS10MB, RS10CB, RSIX Forged hollow body & CTI as well as the OD wedges in 52/8 & 56/10.

Beautiful heads, brushed Satin finish. Will work on pics

@McLovin not sure why I never saw you tag me on this years ago. I still have several sets (full set of CBs and MBs). They are some of the softest irons I've ever hit. Alex is a good guy. They are very TXG like in their belief that the shaft and build make a huge difference. They believe in custom fit and custom built to a very fine tolerance. If there are any specific questions I'm happy to answer them though I haven't played either set in quite some time.

Ok, finally found some time and spare shafts to get these ready to hit.
RSIX with new RT75 S
RS10 MB with old RT95 S
RS10 CB with DG S300
CTI with KBS Tour 105 R

Local indoor with Uneekor and GSPro software. First impressions is that they blades and hollow body are things of real beauty.
Second, they really are soft, middle the MB and its potentially softer feeling than the 919 Tourz I used to have.
Biggest thing was the RSIX, on a flushed shot it feels like a full forged blade and this thing is a rocket launcher. A full 20yards total over my current 6 iron and so easy to get a great shot.
MB is a lot less in distance as you would expect, compact head shape is very nice to look at and middle shots feel so smooth.
CB takes the MB and forgives off center misses and feels super smooth as well.
Lastly, this may be the best looking and best performing GI head out with the CTI, super easy to look at and hit as well.
Once back from my trip I plan a full data session.

Back