Grandura Shafts Review Thread

What I've heard is that it's stout and stable. I think I will like it as long as it doesn't feel too stiff to where I feel the need to swing harder

That's pretty accurate. My issue is that when I make bad swings where my swing speed is lower than normal, I usually don't get enough spin on it to get any sort of good carry distance. When I'm swinging well and at my normal pace, I don't really feel the need to swing harder. I wouldn't adjust your swing to try to fit this shaft, just see how it performs for you.

I'm pondering getting a Grandura shaft but can't seem to get through Grandura's fitting system. It always stops at Step 2 with both my phone and computer. I'm looking for some advice on which shaft may be right for my swing. I'm including my Flightscope averages for three 9° Drivers. I have a what I would consider a low to mid launch. When conditions are dry I get a lot of run on the golf ball. I'm Looking for a higher launching shaft. For those that were fit for their shafts' what would the criteria be?

Distance (yds) Speed (mph) Spin Ball Angle (°) Club Angle (°) Swing Plane (°)
1 227 256 26.5 R 99.1 138.8 1.40 2324 4.4 R 16.2 5.6 R 36.1 82 5.7 push/fade +3.1 3.5 R 5.9 R 18.4 51.0 6.0 R

2 220 271 22.6 L 101.3 144.8 1.43 1999 11.5 L 12.2 3.5 L 24.7 54 4.7 pull/draw +2.4 0.7 R 4.0 L 13.4 51.3 2.7 R

3 232 270 11.2 L 103.2 146.3 1.42 2499 6.6 L 11.8 1.0 L 29.3 63 5.3 draw +2.5 1.3 R 1.2 L 12.7 48.1 3.5 R

Have you thought about the regular flex 590?

My last fitting my fitter put me in the Speeder 565 in stiff. Hadn't really thought of a regular flex.

Josh, what would the benefits be Reg. verses Stiff shaft.

Last edited:
I was finally able to swing a Grandura today in a GBB head. It was a 590 TS. This is one of the most addicting shafts I've ever swung. Going to sit down and put more words to it but I took like 10 swings with it and didn't want to put the club down. I didn't put any particularly good swings on it but it just felt good. I'm sure if I spent more time with it I could get really comfortable with it. Although I don't think the 590 may be the shaft for me im definitely interested in one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was finally able to swing a Grandura today in a GBB head. It was a 590 TS. This is one of the most addicting shafts I've ever swung. Going to sit down and put more words to it but I took like 10 swings with it and didn't want to put the club down. I didn't put any particularly good swings on it but it just felt good. I'm sure if I spent more time with it I could get really comfortable with it. Although I don't think the 590 may be the shaft for me im definitely interested in one of these

I feel the exact same way. Its just addicting.

Mostly because what was available at the price I got it for lol. I will most likely loft up to account for it.
I approve...low...low...low

Took a few swings with it indoors and it feels good. Something tells me it won't be that low launching. Went with stiff over x due to some feedback saying it plays stiffer than flex. If it plays like a stiff+ it will be perfect

Took a few swings with it indoors and it feels good. Something tells me it won't be that low launching. Went with stiff over x due to some feedback saying it plays stiffer than flex. If it plays like a stiff+ it will be perfect

The tour stiff that I hit today with the waggle test felt for firm. But not overly stiff. I can easily play a Ts or X in any other shaft and this felt no different. I know some have said that it feels stiff to flex but to be honest the tour stiff felt just like any other tour stiff but more stable. Can't find the right words to be honest but it's just a solid feel

May I???

The tour stiff that I hit today with the waggle test felt for firm. But not overly stiff. I can easily play a Ts or X in any other shaft and this felt no different. I know some have said that it feels stiff to flex but to be honest the tour stiff felt just like any other tour stiff but more stable. Can't find the right words to be honest but it's just a solid feel

I took some swipes with the 590 ts at Disney as well. Definitely not too whippy or stiff. Smooth and stable is what I remember, and high launch
Hello no lol

I took some swipes with the 590 ts at Disney as well. Definitely not too whippy or stiff. Smooth and stable is what I remember, and high launch

Hello no lol

Hello no lol
Your numbers were stellar with it and the GBB. Stellar.

This past weekend with THPers showed me how much I love this shaft. I hit it longer than anything I have used to date and it feels fantastic to me.

I love that it performs well for many different swings.
This past weekend with THPers showed me how much I love this shaft. I hit it longer than anything I have used to date and it feels fantastic to me.

I need one. Going to spend some time with the online fitting tool they have

I meant to take some swings with a 590 s yesterday and totally forgot! on the range I watched FK69 and Xavier crushing the 590ts I spent time with last year. great shaft, and I kinda wish I could try it a launcher like my Bridgestone j815.

Wow. This shaft is something else... grandura 530 stiff on top, px lz50 handcrafted 7.0 bottom. Both at 9° loft installed in 816 dbd
ecd986861b71e9b471c8bd400e2bba78.jpg

Wow. This shaft is something else... grandura 530 stiff on top, px lz50 handcrafted 7.0 bottom. Both at 9° loft installed in 816 dbd
ecd986861b71e9b471c8bd400e2bba78.jpg

Yup! That's solid! Much lower launch. Not familiar with the LZ50 specs. Are they supposed to be comparable to the 530?

Yup! That's solid! Much lower launch. Not familiar with the LZ50 specs. Are they supposed to be comparable to the 530?
Haha not even close I think. Lz50 7.0 is supposed to be tip stiff but softer middle due to loading zone

Really nice numbers! I really wish we had somewhere around here to demo these. I'm tempted to use the online fitting tool and pull the trigger but can't quite talk myself in to it yet.

You could probably go up in loft a little bit with the 530 in play. You're hitting knuckleballs with that sub-2000 spin! Pretty crazy that it spins less and launches lower than a 7.0 PX shaft.

You could probably go up in loft a little bit with the 530 in play. You're hitting knuckleballs with that sub-2000 spin! Pretty crazy that it spins less and launches lower than a 7.0 PX shaft.
I usually register spin numbers around 1800 to 2200 when hitting well. I somewhat the opposite phenomenon of canadan. We both make fitters scratch their heads lol. Though I probably could go up in loft with no harm.

Final set for comparison purposes. Graphite design bb6s
3db472142d011397653a4793cbdeea82.jpg

Bit longer but more wild. Though I could be tired lol

Final set for comparison purposes. Graphite design bb6s

Bit longer but more wild. Though I could be tired lol

How does the BB compare to the 530? I loved the DI series a couple of years ago, but now that I've gained some swing speed, I spin the DI-6 too much to play it. I want to try the BB-6 at some point.

Back