The Car Shopping Thread

My dad bought a 2012 BMW 335i yesterday. Mineral Gray with black interior. It is nearly fully loaded (missing the full M Sport package, driver assist package and cold weather package although it has heated seats still) and was only $27k. The car's sticker was close to $57k when new. It's also the late model year 2012 so still has factory warranty and service for another year. For $27k, you can't beat what you get. The car is so freaking sweet and quick! I'm jealous...
Is it the sport or no line? Mineral gray is a beautiful color, it came down to that, silver or white for me.

Is it the sport or no line? Mineral gray is a beautiful color, it came down to that, silver or white for me.

Sport line. It has M Sport suspension and the upgraded 19" wheels. He's hoping to find the M sport front, rear, side skirts and steering wheel

Sport line. It has M Sport suspension and the upgraded 19" wheels. He's hoping to find the M sport front, rear, side skirts and steering wheel
That's what I have, I want back and forth but actually like the looks and red accents of the sport better, I do wish I had the m sport steering wheel

Paying off the Mustang with the tax returns this year...

Buying a Honda Odyssey.

Ugh. I feel like I'm going to be making car payments until well after I die.

Buying a Honda Odyssey.

Ya'll will love the Odyssey...so easy to load the kids into, with a ton of space in the back with the 3rd row down.

Just saying, a Tesla is $600.00 per year cheaper to operate than an Odyssey. :act-up:

Buying a Honda Odyssey.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just saying, a Tesla is $600.00 per year cheaper to operate than an Odyssey. :act-up:

Doesn't seat 3 car seats and storage space for a road trip with a baby.

That's what my life is going to be in about six months.

Doesn't seat 3 car seats and storage space for a road trip with a baby.

That's what my life is going to be in about six months.

I totally understand your need for space since I have 3 kids of my own. A large SUV or mini van is needed when you add that 3rd child - wait until they are all playing sports and your running around 3 or 4 of their teammates every weekend!

I will say that our Tesla holds all five of us when we go skiing for the weekend but I have a Skybox for the ski equipment. Our car is white but here's what the box looks like on a Model S.

attachment.php

Buying a Honda Odyssey.

Depending on how much you travel, you might look into leasing? If you're going to keep making car payments until you die, might as well get a new car every 3 years or so. lol

And I may be in the market for a car sooner rather than later depending on what happens with the VW buyback.

And I may be in the market for a car sooner rather than later depending on what happens with the VW buyback.

Yes, rumor has it they will be buying back over 10,000 cars. My 16 year old daughter gets her license next week and my wife has wanted a Beetle Convertible as a second car since she got rid of her VW convertible when my daughter was born in 2000. We are close to pulling the trigger on a '16 Beetle Convertible as my daughter can't drive my company car and we won't let her driver our Tesla. It might be the most feminine car on the road but I certainly won't be driving it. I've negotiated $2,600 off of MSRP and there is a $1,500 rebate so a new SE model is about $25,400 plus tax.

If you can get a '16 beetle convertible TDI, do it and don't look back. The only thing I don't love about my TDI is the money I end up with at the end of the month in saved fuel cost. :D
Yes, rumor has it they will be buying back over 10,000 cars. My 16 year old daughter gets her license next week and my wife has wanted a Beetle Convertible as a second car since she got rid of her VW convertible when my daughter was born in 2000. We are close to pulling the trigger on a '16 Beetle Convertible as my daughter can't drive my company car and we won't let her driver our Tesla. It might be the most feminine car on the road but I certainly won't be driving it. I've negotiated $2,600 off of MSRP and there is a $1,500 rebate so a new SE model is about $25,400 plus tax.

Are you driving a non-Ford vehicle and are interested in purchasing a new Ford or Lincoln? If so, I have a special PIN available to grant anyone employee pricing. I used to only be able to give employee pricing to immediate family, but I have 1 available for anyone. Let me know if you are looking into a new Ford or Lincoln vehicle! (ends Feb 29th)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I get a new Ranger in crew cab with 4wd and the diesel? :D
Are you driving a non-Ford vehicle and are interested in purchasing a new Ford or Lincoln? If so, I have a special PIN available to grant anyone employee pricing. I used to only be able to give employee pricing to immediate family, but I have 1 available for anyone. Let me know if you are looking into a new Ford or Lincoln vehicle! (ends Feb 29th)

Down here in Argentina and seeing them all over the place really has piqued my interest.

Small pickup chassis + 6-speed stick + 4x4 + crew cab + small diesel = win, in my book.
Perhaps in the near future.

Down here in Argentina and seeing them all over the place really has piqued my interest.

Small pickup chassis + 6-speed stick + 4x4 + crew cab + small diesel = win, in my book.

Ahhh thought you were in the states (didn't see your location on Tapatalk).

If you're seriously interested I can look into the fine print for those in other regions.

I am in the states (NC), just on winter vacation down here. :) Thanks though!!!

Ahhh thought you were in the states (didn't see your location on Tapatalk).

If you're seriously interested I can look into the fine print for those in other regions.

If you can get a '16 beetle convertible TDI, do it and don't look back. The only thing I don't love about my TDI is the money I end up with at the end of the month in saved fuel cost. :D

In California none of VW, Audi, or Porsche dealers are selling any new diesels. VW Group has about 45,000 illegal 2009 or newer diesels in California that will have to be retrofitted or bought back.

In California none of VW, Audi, or Porsche dealers are selling any new diesels. VW Group has about 45,000 illegal 2009 or newer diesels in California that will have to be retrofitted or bought back.

VW is actually prohibited from selling and new or certified preowned diesels anywhere in the US from what I have read. There was a post in the VW owners thread that linked to a money.com article about them planning to buy back 1/5 of the diesels in the US (likely the older models) and retrofitting the newer ones with new exhaust systems. There will also be some sort of highly discounted purchase program for VW diesel owners looking to move to a gas model.

Now is likely a good time to buy that beetle for your daughter as they seem to be making good deals.

Here I was hoping for a highly discounted Touareg TDI. :act-up:

That's good to know, thanks.
VW is actually prohibited from selling and new or certified preowned diesels anywhere in the US from what I have read. There was a post in the VW owners thread that linked to a money.com article about them planning to buy back 1/5 of the diesels in the US (likely the older models) and retrofitting the newer ones with new exhaust systems. There will also be some sort of highly discounted purchase program for VW diesel owners looking to move to a gas model.

Now is likely a good time to buy that beetle for your daughter as they seem to be making good deals.

Now your talking my language! I had the opportunity to drive a 2015 TDI last year and fell in love.

If you wait, it will happen. Because the 16's have the new face, any 15's are going to be heavily discounted.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Good to know!
If you wait, it will happen. Because the 16's have the new face, any 15's are going to be heavily discounted.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bought a 2016 Odyssey. It was what the wife wanted, we'll never need anything bigger, and the payments are tolerable. Pictures eventually.

Back