I Heart Golf Equipment

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Over the last 20 days or so, I started out in Scottsdale with THPers and Budget Golf taking a tour of PING HQ, and then playing competitive golf over 2 days for ridiculous prizes. Then went to Hammock Beach where we tested True Temper shafts and gave away 15 or so sets of irons to every participant that was there. From there I went straight to CA to meet with staff writer @Canadan for a week of meetings with OEMs and shaft companies that are all getting ready for 2019 and learned about all kinds of new clubs, balls, accessories and finished it up with a few days watching THPers get fit and given new Titleist TS metal woods.

I have always known this, but it was refreshing to have it hit me in the face again. I love golf equipment. Going on 11 years at THP and just as excited now about new gear (and old) as I was in year one! Now get ready, because 2018 is not over yet and we have SO MUCH FUN coming up for you guys.

Well, this is exciting to see that much more coming.

It's so addicting. I went out to Cali with the plan of settling into my bag after TS and committing. Now I'm changing every other club by the hour in my head, thinking about new stuff rolling out, and getting overly eager to see where it can take my game.

I kind of love it. It's expensive, but I kind of really love it haha

I Heart Golf Equipment

I mean, I think your love for equipment has been perfectly expressed by what you’ve put together this year. You should be proud and I look forward to seeing what other tricks you have up your sleeves! It’s been a hell of a year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last couple of weeks would seem insane to most, but it's just the norm around here.
We're thankful your love gives us these crazy opportunities to meet people and play amazing courses we'd never get to in our everyday lives.

I Heart Golf Equipment

It's so addicting. I went out to Cali with the plan of settling into my bag after TS and committing. Now I'm changing every other club by the hour in my head, thinking about new stuff rolling out, and getting overly eager to see where it can take my game.

I kind of love it. It's expensive, but I kind of really love it haha

The longest I’ve kept a club in my bag has been teo seasons, or about 18 months. I always say I’m done, I’m not buying anything else. And six months later I’m reading everything I can find on the newest, latest and greatest. And what’s funny is that there are very few clubs that I wished I had back. I’ve always seemed to find something I’m just as happy with. I’ve been lucky that way. Or I can say we have been lucky that way. The OEMs are always trying to outdo the competition and themselves. And that’s good for us.

The longest I’ve kept a club in my bag has been teo seasons, or about 18 months. I always say I’m done, I’m not buying anything else. And six months later I’m reading everything I can find on the newest, latest and greatest. And what’s funny is that there are very few clubs that I wished I had back. I’ve always seemed to find something I’m just as happy with. I’ve been lucky that way. Or I can say we have been lucky that way. The OEMs are always trying to outdo the competition and themselves. And that’s good for us.

Our bank accounts on the other hand.... hahahaha

It is a great time to love golf clubs, that's for sure.

That is a great 20 days or so! Those threads are the best being able to see those places. Hands down the best website i am on.

The Mrs would say I love my golf 'stuff' more than her. LOL

I love teasers like this!

I've gone through so many clubs the past few years, some I wish I still had, some I'll never miss. With another fantastic THP Event coming up I'm trying to curb my spending right now. However, I Love New Golf Equipment too so it's hard not to just pull some triggers now.

Over the last 20 days or so, I started out in Scottsdale with THPers and Budget Golf taking a tour of PING HQ, and then playing competitive golf over 2 days for ridiculous prizes. Then went to Hammock Beach where we tested True Temper shafts and gave away 15 or so sets of irons to every participant that was there. From there I went straight to CA to meet with staff writer @Canadan for a week of meetings with OEMs and shaft companies that are all getting ready for 2019 and learned about all kinds of new clubs, balls, accessories and finished it up with a few days watching THPers get fit and given new Titleist TS metal woods.

I have always known this, but it was refreshing to have it hit me in the face again. I love golf equipment. Going on 11 years at THP and just as excited now about new gear (and old) as I was in year one! Now get ready, because 2018 is not over yet and we have SO MUCH FUN coming up for you guys.

You certainly live a charmed life, and you probably have more frequent flier miles than you'll ever be able to use! It's awesome that you and GG have created this amazing community that allows you to share your passion for the game with so many of us through all the contests, trips, and giveaways. Thank you both!

JB, the passion and enthusiasm you show for your, well... job or career don't describe it, so... lifestyle, is bar none. Speaking for myself as a newer member of THP, I am really upset I didn't find this earlier because this place is phenomenal. From the camaraderie to the reviews and giveways and just everyday banter I want to thank you for the dedication. I feed off of your excitement for new products, being that the newest club in my bag is 7 years old (check the WITB) you've finally given me the motivation to update everything. And for that I thank you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's hard not to love equipment around here. It's contagious and the events make it even more irresistible. This is a community of enablers and I love that. It's crazy to think about how much more is yet to be seen in the last 3 months of the year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That right there is passion for what you do JB. I thank you and GG and everyone else that make this site possible. Go out with a bang 2018. And on to more fun in 2019.

I've become an equipment junkie since taking up golf a year ago. Completely replaced my entire bag, bought a new bag and have a whole wardrobe full of golf clothes, not to mention shoes. Loving it - Thanks JB for feeding my addiction.

I Heart Golf Equipment

THP has absolutely killed it this year in every aspect. It's pretty cool to see that you're still so in love with it all after that much time. THP has been responsible for really growing my love of the game, and partly led to the emptying of my bank account ?, but it's one of the best things I've ever come across in my life. And it's crazy that there's more to come!

That's an amazing 3 weeks! No doubt that golf equipment is fun and exciting!

It’s been a great year for THP that’s for sure! Lots of great equipment out there, and a metric ton of it got/will get put into THPers hands.

Its great to be here, thanks for sharing your passion JB!

THP Rocks! Just when you think you’ve seen it all, another great trip comes up!

I don’t know how you do it JB, but keep up the great work.

I freaking love equipment too. These last couple years I've sort of refocused on trying to shoot lower scores and less on having shiny gear and man oh man do I miss having shiny gear.
Demoing and trying out different gear is still the only thing that gets me through the winter.

I freaking love equipment too. These last couple years I've sort of refocused on trying to shoot lower scores and less on having shiny gear and man oh man do I miss having shiny gear.
Demoing and trying out different gear is still the only thing that gets me through the winter.

I know, right? Shiny and new is always better. Kidding aside, its kinda true, right?

Congrats on an awesome year! Looking forward to what else is in store!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I know, right? Shiny and new is always better. Kidding aside, its kinda true, right?
Theres some serious truth there haha. And better or not, nothing makes me smile like pulling a new club from the bag and getting to know it.

Absolutely love golf equipment - right along with you.

I’ve told of my commitment to my older clubs (or my cheapness) but you guys have changed my ways and I’m slowly replacing clubs. I know irons will be the biggest investment which has me asking the golf version of the chicken or egg question. What should come first: lessons or a fitting? Shiny and new is so alluring but I think I might be better off with lessons first. And the new stuff will be out after the first of the year!

Back