Architex

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The cold
I did an iron fitting today at Club Champion. It is my first true fitting and I was very pleased with the results. The main thing was I could not believe how much difference a shaft made. The main reason I went in was I hit the ball very high. Normally it isn’t an issue but wind total destroys my accuracy and distance. The shaft we settled on dropped my spin from 5600 to 4600. And my apex from 120 to 98. And my carry distance stayed the same. I am looking forward to building my new iron set. I chose the Ping I500 with UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype 95 stiff. Any one else find their iron fitting as helpful as I did?

Yep. Club Champion fit me into JPX 900 Forged with Nippon Modus shafts - a combo I would have never even considered but the numbers don't lie. I have now been hitting those for nearly 20 months, which is the longest I've played the same irons for a long, long time. I have all my shafts pured too. The whole club champion experience was worth the premium price considering I've stayed in the same set now for so long.

Back