Where to play in Nashville?

TM_Bobby723

Reaction score
Handicap
+
Hey guys, I'm helping my buddy's wife plan a 40th birthday weekend trip for him. I'm looking for suggestions on nice courses to play in/around Nashville. We're looking to play 3 days, Fri-Sun, so giving a few suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks!

The Hermitage is a really really fun one, two fun tracks IMO.

Cool! I was just looking at The Hermitage info.

Also, Gaylord Springs Golf Links looks/sounds really cool. Y or N?

Cool! I was just looking at The Hermitage info.

Also, Gaylord Springs Golf Links looks/sounds really cool. Y or N?
Yea, you named 3 of the courses i would recommend... so i'd say they are Yes... There should be a few local folks who have additional information though as well.

Well, we're looking at doing days of 18 holes, 36 holes and 18 holes again. These courses all look really nice/fun & it helps that Hermitage has 36 holes.

Last edited:
The Hermitage is a really really fun one, two fun tracks IMO.

That was a really fun place for the THP Event.

If you have any favors you can call in I'd highly recommend the Golf Club of TN or the Vanderbilt Honors Club (west).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, we're looking at doing days of 18 holes, 36 holes and 18 holes again. These courses all look really nice/fun & it helps that Hermitage has 36 holes.
Some great choices thrown out there for you here. Thanks to THP, we've enjoyed golfing here before.

Thanks for saying this. I played Greystone also but figured too far away. Loved the course but quirky layout IMO

Understand. Probably 5 strokes difference on the second round easy. Quirky cool though :act-up:. What a fun track.
04cf64f74d71aa231a41eb1ad3208d15_zpsvnqesc01.jpg

f3449959cfdf55848f506967df7b195b_zpsqfeb9llv.jpg

JM

Understand. Probably 5 strokes difference on the second round easy. Quirky cool though :act-up:. What a fun track.
04cf64f74d71aa231a41eb1ad3208d15_zpsvnqesc01.jpg

f3449959cfdf55848f506967df7b195b_zpsqfeb9llv.jpg

JM

That would be a fun track, I'd give it a go.

Another vote here for the Hermitage, think I played the General a couple of years ago and it was a blast.

I have played all three courses Hermitage, Gaylord Dprings and GreyStome. All great courses.

Gaylord Springs is my home course. JDax and I play there all the time. Come join us.

Gaylord Springs is my home course. JDax and I play there all the time. Come join us.

All the tracks named are good tracks... Gaylord is e1iterate and I's home course, and provides a fair test...
Greystone is a little target golf'y but it's a really fun track...
Hermitage has 36 holes and is really good too.

Kenny Perry's Country Hills is 45 minuets north of here in Franklin, KY and it's a fun track too...

Dax

Hermitage is a nice course, as is Golf Club of TN, and I have to toss in a recommendation for my home course, Nashville Golf & Athletic club. It was actually just added to the web.com schedule for the next few years.

Hermitage is a nice course, as is Golf Club of TN, and I have to toss in a recommendation for my home course, Nashville Golf & Athletic club. It was actually just added to the web.com schedule for the next few years.

It's private though, no?

Hermitage is nice. New mini-verde greens in the past 2 years. I live 10 min from there and have played both of their courses a bunch. The President is nicer than the General. While Hermitage is a couple of great tracks, they have a habit of slow play. Full disclosure: I have not played there in a couple of seasons so they may have fixed that but I've had bad experiences there in the past.

Gaylord is nice too. more or less a Links style course I have not played there in a number of years so follow the recommendations of the other guys here.

Have not played Greystone but hear it's nice.

If you are a member of a club somewhere, see if your club has a reciprocity arrangement with Old Hickory Country Club. It's a mile up the road from Hermitage GC. That is my home course. Depending on when you want to play, the course condition is one of the best in Nashville. We redid our greens 2 seasons ago and they're some of the best in the area. Fairways too. We're re-doing the bunkers this coming season. (no date set yet) The place is going to be awesome when they're done. We have full restaurant and banquet facilities as well for reasonable rates.

Back