New Ping Forged Irons

Alez367

Formerly Carlos C.
Reaction score
Handicap
Taken from twitter this morning, Louis Oosthuizen posted photos of the new Ping Forged irons he has in the bag now.

a867c3ab187f679350eb1f6dc5287f71.jpg

fa00f7e3b5bf467becbb1589c1b15b65.jpg

https://twitter.com/louis57tm/status/1047074407603163137?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do I see little screws in the toe like the i500? Would it be hollow in there? Interesting.

We didn’t see or hear anything about those.

Do I see little screws in the toe like the i500? Would it be hollow in there? Interesting.

If they’re half as good as the i500s i want them

We didn’t see or hear anything about those.

Gotcha. I’ll edit the OP to take that part out

If they’re half as good as the i500s i want them

Tweak the sound and get forged feel in there and they will be home runs. Curious to hear more, but it could be a bit of time before that.

Gotcha. I’ll edit the OP to take that part out

NP. They were pretty good at not giving anything up. Some folks might have got the slightest of looks at new putters.

January is going to be a big release month for Ping.

those are really pretty

I like the looks there. Ping just keeps on rolling out the pretty.

Those look good. Please tell me the name Blueprint is the name of the club because that falls right in line with the i-series :alien:

They look really good and I'll bet the feel is heavenly.

Give me i210 feel in an i500 head and sign me up.

I look at these and have to keep telling myself "your game can't handle them so don't be seduced."

...gotta have 'em

Guessing these are more the replacement for the iBlades? Since the i500 have a distance focus?

Ohmygod.

Clean and classic.

Maybe hollow or maybe the screw is for weighting purposes, or both.
If this new model is hollow I expect it will be a very similar club to the just released i500 iron, not that there is anything wrong with that.
One design factor I really like is that with the G700-i500-blueprint iron Ping has mostly done away with the cheesy plastic cavity badging that the company used for so many years.

Last edited:
Very surprised to see the screw in there if these are the IBlade replacement.

I guess I took my eye off Ping. Seems like they have really re-created themselves. Clubs look different but solid and highly playable. They have made good choices for their business versus staying with their old mindset. Very Impressed..

Definitely pretty!

Having i500's in the bag now I really like the looks of these. Although I hope "blueprint" isn't the final name. Sounds wired in the Ping lineup of irons

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back