New Maltby Driver

Popeye

Reaction score
Handicap
7912596cc4fb36c4be3b12c3a041286c.jpg
5cae3dd13557b56f66b72a57c4ed32c6.jpg

This is their new head for this year, non adjustable but at a really really low price point of just $89. The graphics are something quite different and I will have to wait till its in hand. So far to me it's retro-ish look has me very interested. I have always lowed their driver heads. Will be fun to have one on a monitor along with several OEMs. Can't wait.

Do you have a shaft picked out for it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is that driver wearing panties?

New Maltby Driver

Why is that driver wearing panties?

I didn't notice it until you said it but is it likely because it's classy.

Sort of looks like Callaway's old FT-IZ?

Looks like it's wearing a bikini. Not a fan of the graphics on the top at all.

However, hope it works well for you.

Looks like it's wearing a bikini. Not a fan of the graphics on the top at all.

However, hope it works well for you.
A pretty sexy one at that.

Do you have a shaft picked out for it yet?

I'm not sure yet, I'll probably order two heads. When I was making a lot of the maltby gear in the past I would sell a ton of them while at the driving range letting someone demo one. This way I usually find one that works exceptionally well and keep that one for myself.

It's a 4 piece forged head and in the past they were extremely long and hot heads. So let's hope what it's wearing isn't a Depends undergarment but that racy thong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Wow that's a cheap price point

I play with a guy who is near scratch and he has a bag of Maltby clubs he has built himself. I have given thought of going that direction myself. Cheaper price does not mean the clubs will not perform.

Edit; Spelling!

Last edited:
I play with a guy who is neat scratch and he has a bag of Maltby clubs he has built himself. I have given thought of going that direction myself. Cheaper price does not mean the clubs will not perform.
My departure to Srixon earlier this year only proved that OEM clubs while beautiful, well built, and state of the art, but leave you broke for a few months. And really don't help the score card any more than good practice will. Paying a 3rd the price for just as good of performance,,, custom built to my specs,,, sounds better to me. With the run away prices of OEM stuff I don't know why more guys don't build their own.

My departure to Srixon earlier this year only proved that OEM clubs while beautiful, well built, and state of the art, but leave you broke for a few months. And really don't help the score card any more than good practice will. Paying a 3rd the price for just as good of performance,,, custom built to my specs,,, sounds better to me. With the run away prices of OEM stuff I don't know why more guys don't build their own.

Where do you buy your components from? Maltby direct or Golfsmith or ......?

Because it feels sexy. Don't judge!

I laughed my arse off at this comment. Not sure I'd game a Maltby. I'm to high class for an $89 driver. Sounds cheap hopefully it doesn't play cheap.

I laughed my arse off at this comment. Not sure I'd game a Maltby. I'm to high class for an $89 driver. Sounds cheap hopefully it doesn't play cheap.

Now come on Bullfrog....people buy Corvettes (myself included) when they can't or don't want to pay for a Ferrari, right? Don't mean they are crap...we both know they aren't!

No the actual company is Golfworks. They are owned by Dicks/Golf Galaxy but still a separate division. Golfworks.com
They have every tool or part known to the golf world and the clubs flat out play! They sell a forged wedge combination pack complete for $35 bucks that is as good as anything made. I have Calaway woods in the top of my bag but this new driver head will give it a run when it's available. The DBM irons I play are awesome. Plus building your own clubs really helps you learn more about your swing and how clubs work. It's really cool to smoke your driver past every one and then tell them that you made it up yourself. When they find out for how much $,,, it's even better.

When the Maltby GolfWorks made real wooden woods, every spec--even insert color--was customizable.
I miss those days.

Dicks owns Golfworks? When did that happen?

Dicks owns Golfworks? When did that happen?

When they bought Golf Galaxy, Golfwork's was already onboard. Golfwork's is a stand alone company owned by Ralph Maltby.

No the actual company is Golfworks. They are owned by Dicks/Golf Galaxy but still a separate division. Golfworks.com
They have every tool or part known to the golf world and the clubs flat out play! They sell a forged wedge combination pack complete for $35 bucks that is as good as anything made. I have Calaway woods in the top of my bag but this new driver head will give it a run when it's available. The DBM irons I play are awesome. Plus building your own clubs really helps you learn more about your swing and how clubs work. It's really cool to smoke your driver past every one and then tell them that you made it up yourself. When they find out for how much $,,, it's even better.

Nothing at all wrong with their clubs. Don't worry about what other's think about what is in YOUR bag. It is your game and your money. I have thought of going this way myself. The major OEM's while good, are not the end all to good golf.

http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_MA0266_A_cn_E_10031

Their stuff is inexpensive but far from cheap, and his one was built as high performance head but nailing a price point. So they dropped the adjustable hosel.

Any experience with the Maltby KE4 ST-2A driver head? This had be intrigued, as they have a build with a Diamana S+ for less than $200. I'd love to hit one but know that won't happen. Hoping to maybe get fit (specs wise) and then maybe buy one of these and stop my driver carousel

Any word on how the club is working for you? Anybody else using a Maltby driver? The price and the generally positive reviews have me thinking.

Back