Ryder Cup Fallout

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe Fallout isnt the best word, but new THP Radio from Golf Unfiltered talks a lot about the news coming out of the Ryder Cup.

The United States Ryder Cup team has lost their minds following their loss to Europe, and Patrick Reed is causing most of the ruckus. Adam jumps on the podcast to rant about all the breaking news as the drama unfolds.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/2018-ryder-cup-golf-unfiltered-175/

On the Euro side Sergio took a small shot at Faldo, perhaps finally settling the score from 2008 when Faldo called him "useless"?

Will listen to this podcast later today.

Patrick Reed has taken a wrecking ball to the one part of his persona people actually liked. I've never seen someone so unlikable.

I don't understand the point of calling someone out on social media or sports coverage's. To me it doesn't do a bit of good.

I don't get why he is so upset about not getting paired with Jordan... he and JT are besties, so it would make sense to pair them up and keep them loose...

I don't get why he is so upset about not getting paired with Jordan... he and JT are besties, so it would make sense to pair them up and keep them loose...

Yeah I thought JS and JT played pretty darn well together - didn't they go 3-1?

I love Adam's podcast, this was a good listen. There's not much I can do but get out the popcorn and see how this shakes out. Regardless, we need a TEAM to play the Ryder Cup, which I think is why Euro won.

There's so many ways I could have went with this episode, because the absurdity of grown adults reverting back to grade school mentalities at a time when they failed is simply embarrassing. Clearly certain members of the US squad lack a sense of self-awareness that only comes with maturity.

So you have got Reed (and his wife) spitting his dummy out and having pops at others, DJ and Koepka almost coming to blows.....how much more will come out over the next few days/weeks about the team and who is to blame for it all going wrong (again)

Maybe I will give this one a listen at some point, and try not to look too smug about how the Euros dismantled your team :popcorn:

Our Ryder Cup team sounds like a lot of spoiled people to me!! Go look in the mirror when finding fault!!

obviously this is a bad look for the us, and i hope it doesn't taint the ryder cup going forward (i don't think it will). but the euros didn't exactly take their loss at hazeltine in 2016 very well. they complained about our fans (probably justified), and then badmouthed the course as being too easy. i didn't find them to be very gracious in defeat, and that attitude applied to many of their players. at least here in 2018 we only have one player acting like a poor sport.

i hadn't heard about the dj/brooks scuffle. but honestly i can't see how that would have to do with rc, and more to do with dj's personal issues right now.

When they learn to check their egos at the gate they will win and win big everytime.

Maybe DJ called Koepka weak and said he does nothing but cheat curls. Brooks looks like he wouldn’t take that lightly

Reed is doing everything he can do to alienate himself from everyone around him. It's gotten to a point where it's so blatant that it seems like he is ACTIVELY pushing people away.

obviously this is a bad look for the us, and i hope it doesn't taint the ryder cup going forward (i don't think it will). but the euros didn't exactly take their loss at hazeltine in 2016 very well. they complained about our fans (probably justified), and then badmouthed the course as being too easy. i didn't find them to be very gracious in defeat, and that attitude applied to many of their players. at least here in 2018 we only have one player acting like a poor sport.

i hadn't heard about the dj/brooks scuffle. but honestly i can't see how that would have to do with rc, and more to do with dj's personal issues right now.

Slight difference being the EU even complained as a team in 2016, attacking the course, fans, and set up, not individuals at their side. I hate to say it, but the meltdown after the loss is what I've come to expect out of American athletes at the highest level. Sure you have the ones who self blame and such, but the media along with how easy it is to spout off to masses brings a megaphone to situations like the Reed rant and fight night.

When Europe lose, they moan about everything but their team mates.
When USA lose they blame one another or the captain.

This is why Europe lose once a decade.

Maybe DJ called Koepka weak and said he does nothing but cheat curls. Brooks looks like he wouldn’t take that lightly

That fight would have ended poorly for DJ methinks.

No doubt that Patrick Reed made an a$$ out of himself. And his wife needs to STFU!

I agree with Adam about not wanting to hear about all the BS. Does nothing to change the outcome of the event and just makes people look ridiculous.

At the end of the day, regardless of what comes out of the US camp, they simply got their a$$e$ handed to them by the Europeans.

Hate seeing stuff like this, for any sport. They are grown adults and should be mature enough to go to the person directly if they have an issue.

Reed is doing everything he can do to alienate himself from everyone around him. It's gotten to a point where it's so blatant that it seems like he is ACTIVELY pushing people away.

it's absolutely intentional. there's zero effort to ingratiate himself to his peers. "this is who i am. deal with it. if they can't handle me, oh well. i hope they like second place."

At the end of the day, regardless of what comes out of the US camp, they simply got their a$$e$ handed to them by the Europeans.

the only thing i would add is that they got their a$$es handed to them by the euros AND they played like horsesh1t. i would love to know how many times the usa lost to routine pars, or missed putts inside of 6', or had to get up and down for par outside 100y. sunday was the only day when i saw both sides playing some pretty good golf; fri afternoon and all day sat was bad golf by the usa.

Sheesh.. big egos will kill any ability to perform as a team. I don't envy the next captain.. there's a lot to fix!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

it's absolutely intentional. there's zero effort to ingratiate himself to his peers. "this is who i am. deal with it. if they can't handle me, oh well. i hope they like second place."

the only thing i would add is that they got their a$$es handed to them by the euros AND they played like horsesh1t. i would love to know how many times the usa lost to routine pars, or missed putts inside of 6', or had to get up and down for par outside 100y. sunday was the only day when i saw both sides playing some pretty good golf; fri afternoon and all day sat was bad golf by the usa.

I didn't see any real competitive fire from most of the team either. I know it's an exhibition, but there wasn't a lot of grind except from a few US players (that I saw - I didn't watch the entire tournament).

And the "shush" motion from Reed on Sunday afternoon, after the US lost already, was - wow. Can't even say how much that gesture was in poor taste.

I'm over Patrick Reed. Gained a little bit of respect for him at the last Ryder Cup, but everything since has been a disaster. You can be the most talented golfer on the planet (or think you are) and it won't matter to me. There's something special about being part of a team in general, let alone a Ryder Cup team. You win together and you lose together. Throwing people under the bus because you're pissed off about not being paired with someone is BS. He played like garbage and whether or not he played with Tiger, Jordan, or Jesus himself - nothing was going to change that.

I can imagine the European players would stand by the green, waiting for the US players to hit up, and say to each other, "You think they'll ever figure out to just hit it in the fairway?"

Back