Favorite Tournament You Watched Last Year

Lions81

Reaction score
Handicap
So the 2017/2018 season ended with the Tour Championship & Ryder Cup. There were some great tournaments and finishes. What was your favorite one you watched?

A few highlights to help jog your memory....

Reed winning his first major at Augusta with Spieth and Rickie charging
US Open at Shinnecock pushing the players to the brink on Saturday, Fleetwood's amazing Sunday round, but Brooks holding on with clutch shots down the stretch
The Open - With Tiger capturing the solo lead heading into the back 9, but Molinari holing every clutch putt he needed to to get his first major
PGA Championship - Brooks and Tiger battling down the stretch. Brooks winning his second major of the year
The Tour Championship - Tiger getting his first win after an amazing comeback story
Dell Technologies - Keegan getting a huge win after having a few really tough years on tour
Valspar - Casey getting his first win, holding off a charging TW who made a great birdie putt on 17 to have a chance on the final hole

Gotta be between the PGA Championship Sunday and the Tour Championship 18th hole.

I was so amped up for The Masters on Sunday this year, but Rory crapping the bed once again put a quick damper on that for me.

Im thinking the Masters.....

Tough one, had to be Tiger charging on Sunday at the PGA, don't know why but watching him play well is so awesome. I had people who don't even watch golf normally texting me asking me if I was watching haha. The mob of people following him walking to 18 at the Tour Championship was pretty amazing to see as well.

Toss up between the PGA and US Open.

Molinari's weekend performance to win (not back into it because others couldn't perform when it mattered) The Open Championship. Like at the Ryder Cup, he was just simply the best golfer.

Runner-up would be Brooks winning back to back US Opens and Fleetwood's amazing Sunday round.

Molinari's weekend performance to win (not back into it because others couldn't perform when it mattered) The Open Championship. Like at the Ryder Cup, he was just simply the best golfer.

Runner-up would be Brooks winning back to back US Opens and Fleetwood's amazing Sunday round.

This. Molinari was so good on a tough course.

Definitely the final round of the Tour Championship. Watching the 18th and seeing the crowd running behind Tiger and Rory reminded me of Tiger's first Masters win. I remember seeing Rory turn around a few times and have a little bit of a shock look followed by a smile. His mind had to be thinking "Ok, this right here is the Tiger Effect, pretty ****Ing sweet!"

This will be a weird answer, but I really enjoyed seeing Ted Potter Jr. take down DJ at Pebble.

My other two favorite moments were the Open Championship, and Masters Thursday (as it is every year).

As boring as I think the PGA usually is, this year was different. Either that, or the Tour Championship.

Ryder Cup for me

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Kevin Na won the Greenbrier

Ryder Cup by a country mile!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Open, followed by Tigermania at the Tour Championship.

Ryder cup for me. So exciting.

The Masters all the way for me!

Bookends. Master's Sunday and Ryder Cup Sunday. In between, we saw some great golf with so many tournaments undecided until the back 9 on Sunday.

I have to go with the PGA. There was more office talk about that tournament than any other.

The PGA. What a Sunday that was. Even without a W, that's when I truly felt Tiger was destined to win again.

The Tour Championship in a close second though.

The PGA.

Though non major was the Arnold Palmer.

Masters, always the Masters for me. Eh play, good play, great play preferred of course. But it's always the one tournament that gets me most excited in anticipation and leaves me most fulfilled for having watched.

The 2018 Morgan Cup.

The PGA was enjoyable to view

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a huge Tiger fan, I have to say the Tour Championship. The PGA was great and definitely put notice out there that Tiger was definitely going to win again soon. It was no longer a matter of if, but when. The Open, US Open, and Masters were all let downs. Happy for Brooks. Winning two majors in a year can't be missed, but they were let downs from a Tiger fan's perspective.

I can't wait for next year. Wondering how much Tiger will be favored by for The Masters. That'll greatly depend on his play January thru March.

Back