What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subway and a Gatorade. Still at work so it needed to be quick ans easy tonight.

Pesto chicken tortilla pizza, w/ broccoli, asparagus, sun dried tomatoes, and cheddar.

I made it Sunday but we have been eating on it since. I made a 5 lb. Prime Rib and tried a new recipe. If anyone likes prime rib they should give this a shot. I rub the rib with a nice dry steak seasoning and let it set out until it reaches room temperature. Usually around 3 or so hours. I pre heat (needs to be a modern oven with a digital reading) to 500*. For every lb. the rib weighs I multiply by 5. My rib was 4.95 lbs. so I put it in the oven for 25 minutes. When the timer goes off I turn the oven off and let it stay in for an additional 2 hours. (Do not open the oven until the two hours are up.)

It will come out perfectly as medium rare.

I made it Sunday but we have been eating on it since. I made a 5 lb. Prime Rib and tried a new recipe. If anyone likes prime rib they should give this a shot. I rub the rib with a nice dry steak seasoning and let it set out until it reaches room temperature. Usually around 3 or so hours. I pre heat (needs to be a modern oven with a digital reading) to 500*. For every lb. the rib weighs I multiply by 5. My rib was 4.95 lbs. so I put it in the oven for 25 minutes. When the timer goes off I turn the oven off and let it stay in for an additional 2 hours. (Do not open the oven until the two hours are up.)

It will come out perfectly as medium rare.
I use this same method to cook eye of round roast for roast beef and it always turns out awesome. My only difference is I dont turn the oven off I just set it to its lowest temp, 170 on my oven.

I'm on a weight loss kick right now so that means dinners for the next few weeks will be mostly made up of chicken breast, Ahi tuna, and tenderloin on the Weber grilled along with some fresh veggies. Tonight it's chicken with asparagus.

baked potato soup

Pork chops, zucchini, potatoes and Yorkshire pudding.

Sautéed herb and garlic chicken with rosemary red potatoes.

Seeing that my wife hasn't text me to ask what I want for dinner, there's a chance I'm on my own!

Sooo I'll probably make some pork soft tacos.

PB&J...

Beef pot pies.

Baked ziti

Creamy with strawberry....prefer crunchy though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that would rather have crunchy for my PB&J.

BUT....creamy PB on my pancakes.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that would rather have crunchy for my PB&J.

BUT....creamy PB on my pancakes.

PB and syrup? I like it on my pancakes AND waffles. First time we went to IHOP, Jacqui thought I was nuts for asking the waitress for peanut butter. I think she was more shocked that they actually had it!

I'm craving wings. Will probably end up at McD's or some other fast food joint.

Grilled BBQ chicken with brown rice and corn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ate LaRosa's Pizza for dinner and it is now ravaging my stomach.

Looks like i'll have to determine a new lunch plan for tomorrow. Leftovers ain't happenin'

I ate LaRosa's Pizza for dinner and it is now ravaging my stomach.

Looks like i'll have to determine a new lunch plan for tomorrow. Leftovers ain't happenin'
Mmm....LaRosa's. Haven't had that in a while. Maybe next trip down that way I'll have to grab a slice or 6.

Bacon, eggs and hash browns :D

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Grilled chicken with sauteed peppers and onions.

​It was pasta night at my club so the whole family went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back