Hybrid Look Preference

I like a smallish size, with a slight pear shape. Not big on the square toe, something funky about it.

Honestly, the Bridgestone J40/J15 hybrid footprint is pretty well perfect for me. I haven't hit it but I'd be leaning towards the J15's if I ever upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I like a medium footprint and don't really love the square toe. J40 Hybrids are a great shape, and the 815 Alphas/D200s are right up my alley as well.

Prefer the looks of hybrids in general over fairway woods. As I tend to hit hybrids better. But lately the fly z ybrid in my bag sets up well but I also like the set up of the apex hybrid which to me is a very familiar and traditional shape

de6784faa654239fc5fbb0da813d8c5c.jpg
7eb762260cf37c8b094c2fb6c96e6094.jpg

For some reason I haven't been able to embrace the look of the Apex yet but in all honesty I have not hit it so that could definitely change my opinion. Right now I prefer the look of it being a smaller/compact fairway wood.

As long as it's not a mini fw large head kind of look, it all comes down to performance for me. Square or rounded toe doesn't really matter.

My favorite hybrid EVER to look down on was the OG Wilson Fybrid. Love that look.

My favorite hybrid EVER to look down on was the OG Wilson Fybrid. Love that look.

I still have a Fybrid sitting in my office. That was honestly one of the most reliable clubs I have ever had. I could always hit the perfect draw and knew right where it was going. I could just never get quite enough height on my shots otherwise it might still be in the bag.

Hybrids for me have to look like the face is going to launch it. So looking down at a black top, and a black face doesnt work for me, it just looks like a blob where you cant see definition in the face. Take the SLDR, or Aero Burner etc where you have one colour top and a contrast face that you can see lots off, feels like its going to get it up just by swinging and not over doing it.

I still really like the profile of my TMAG Superfast 2.0 18* and have yet to find anything to push it from the bag.

910/913/915 were great shapes. Not too big, not too small.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The XR sets up perfectly for my eye
8641d03398c03ba0187e6614bdbd8ce4.jpg

I have yet to find a hybrid that fits my eye. I feel way more comfortable with an iron or utility iron. I guess it's because it looks like a small wood to me and I try and hit it like one and that just doesn't work for me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back