Netflix Choose Your Own Ending

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Netflix is devising a way for viewers to decide how some of their favorite shows end. The streaming giant has a slate of specials in the pipeline that permit fans to control the narrative of a TV episode or film. Netflix’s “choose-your-own-adventure” style of interactive storytelling will likely debut in December, when it unfurls the latest season of its blockbuster science-fiction anthology series, Black Mirror. The company’s big bet on an interactive storytelling format blending video gaming elements with traditional TV is set to become a key plank in its strategy to lure new subscribers.

ah, the ol Goosebumps strategy. Loved books that were like this but not sure if i would like that feature with a tv show. Innovative though

Hmmmm, this is interesting to say the least. A lot of work on their behalf to do this, but I could see the appeal. Will reserve judgment until I partake.

Netflix Choose Your Own Ending

So, you film multiple endings and then give viewers a multiple choice to see how something ends. I would find that interesting, as there have been multiple movies/tv shows that end in a way that I would have liked change. For example, I loved Interstellar. But, they seemed to just run out of time and ideas of how to end the movie. So, we get the garbage library scene and the dad being saved and flying off to get the girl. That could have ended so much better. 2 hours of a great movie and 30 mins of garbage.

It could only be for tv shows that are ending or movies with no plans of a sequel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to love the "choose your own adventure" books back in the day. I had a ton of them. A couple of series that let you choose the ending would be pretty cool.

I think this could be a really fun feature for some series. Plus it would give a reason to re-watch some shows to see the alternative ending. I loved those kinds of books when I was a kid.

I think this is very cool. Looking forward to the Black Mirror season.

Could be very interesting. I'll certainly give it a chance

Brilliant idea from a brilliant company.

I guess it has some appeal but honestly if I'm into a show I don't want to choose how it ends, I want it to end like the author/director intended

Meh, I have to make too many decisions in life. I want my shows to be decided for me so I can just sit and enjoy, then complain about how they ended. haha

Interesting, but I think I prefer to stick to my day job and let the series writers do theirs.

ah, the ol Goosebumps strategy. Loved books that were like this but not sure if i would like that feature with a tv show. Innovative though

Exactly what I was thinking. My favorite book was the this one...

latest

Sound interesting, but like others I prefer to have it end the way the writers intend it to.

So, you film multiple endings and then give viewers a multiple choice to see how something ends. I would find that interesting, as there have been multiple movies/tv shows that end in a way that I would have liked change. For example, I loved Interstellar. But, they seemed to just run out of time and ideas of how to end the movie. So, we get the garbage library scene and the dad being saved and flying off to get the girl. That could have ended so much better. 2 hours of a great movie and 30 mins of garbage.

It could only be for tv shows that are ending or movies with no plans of a sequel.

Better than Lost with 6 (?) seasons of great shows, then the finale that tosses it all in the garbage.

This makes perfect sense to anybody who has played video games with split storylines i.e. Telltale games, Detroit: Become Human, etc

Better than Lost with 6 (?) seasons of great shows, then the finale that tosses it all in the garbage.

Definitely agree there. Or for us super geeks, quantum leap after 5 seasons and they end with a printed note Sam never returns home.

If this is done well, I could see a segment of viewers really digging it...just not sure if that segment will be big enough to keep the idea going.

If it's really successful, I could see it changing advertising and product placement.

No thanks

ccffdb4c62553d7d24e4539358bf6ca6.jpg

I loved these books when I was a kid, during the MS read-a-thon, I would pad my book total by choosing the option that ended the story early...

No thanks on the Nexflix option...

Too much work.

Reminds me of Goosebumps, but I would also always cheat and get goosebumps because I didn't like the outcome I would just go back and pick the other route haha

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I guess it has some appeal but honestly if I'm into a show I don't want to choose how it ends, I want it to end like the author/director intended

Have you see Black Mirror before? If not you should watch it. This type of ending scenario fits perfect and I am sure the writer of the show is on board.

There's a stretch Armstrong Cartoon that allows you to pick different scenarios that lead to different outcomes on Netflix now. My son loves it.

Back