Wilson Staff D7 Metal Woods

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These should be coming soon and Brendan Steele put it out today.

Hmmmm...thats...interesting.

Wilson Staff D7 Metal Woods

b196366b029b626bfcb5772a803bb1dd.jpg

For the tapa folks.

ETA:
Just noticed the :wilson: script by the hosel?

Looks very unassuming, but I'm sure there's a good amount of tech in it. Puzzled by the Wilson logo where the loft usually is...strange.

I guess the stated goal of phasing out the Wilson script in favor of W/S is no longer happening.

D100, D200, D300, D350, D7?

D7 Iron set 5-GW looks to be set for $599 msrp

Interesting. There has always been a trend of Wilson Staffers not gaming Wilson Staff metal woods and Steele has been no different. So him putting this club in the bag in a bid to go back to back to back peaks my interest a little bit.

I guess the stated goal of phasing out the Wilson script in favor of W/S is no longer happening.

D100, D200, D300, D350, D7?

D7 Iron set 5-GW looks to be set for $599 msrp
I think it's smart. Embrace it all, be Wilson. The new hats look badass too with the script logo.

I think it's smart. Embrace it all, be Wilson. The new hats look badass too with the script logo.

Embrace a name that is oft-lampooned and has almost no brand equity? That's... bold?

I'm wondering how much of the change in direction is coming from higher up the chain.

Embrace a name that is oft-lampooned and has almost no brand equity? That's... bold?

I'm wondering how much of the change in direction is coming from higher up the chain.
Has avoiding it worked? Hell no. So something has to give.

The irony is in other sports like Tennis that script means world class, so why should golf have to hide it?

The Staff brand hasn’t exactly been killing it in the marketplace. Gotta try something.

Looks very unassuming, but I'm sure there's a good amount of tech in it. Puzzled by the Wilson logo where the loft usually is...strange.

I see the loft right under the Wilson logo. I think it's a sharp looking fairway wood.

The Staff brand hasn’t exactly been killing it in the marketplace. Gotta try something.

They said they were making gains. Incremental, but profitable. Did sales crater back to rock bottom?

I know that I tend to associate things with other things, but that sole reminds me of the Callaway XR.

Those new hats are so sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed they are. Very comfy too haha.

I like the simplicity of it. I’d certainly give it a hit.

I wonder if one of these will make an appearance at #StaffProto

Curious to learn more about this

I love the script. If the decision to go back came from higher up at Wilson corporate it still makes sense. In many categories Basketball, baseball and tennis they are a leader. Cost savings as well.
The club,, who knows. We don’t know much from one picture. I thought Steele or another pro played the D300 woods
steeles comments on Twitter are very positive. He indicated he might plothe driver too. Ricky Barnes also said it was solid.

I love the script. If the decision to go back came from higher up at Wilson corporate it still makes sense. In many categories Basketball, baseball and tennis they are a leader. Cost savings as well.
The club,, who knows. We don’t know much from one picture. I thought Steele or another pro played the D300 woods
steeles comments on Twitter are very positive. He indicated he might plothe driver too. Ricky Barnes also said it was solid.
Troy Merritt plays the D300 driver.

that shade of blue cheapens the look to me.

I found some additional pictures. I thought it looks great. It’s simple and clean. Like the D300 without the pimples on the head. Guess the strategy is to one simple and go crazy on the DVD driver

Looking forward to hearing more about this one.

Sounds like I need to a head to head testing between the W/S D7's and Tour Edge EXS's.

Saw some more photos. The loft is further down/up on the hosel, towards the ferrule.

Looking forward to more photos when they are available.

Back