Cut Golf in Retail

846fc6d5ca0d1517308c5435cb6d6d69.jpg

very ferd f-teenthousand

I would have thought they would be more of an Impulse Buy sleeve presence

I think sitting on the shelf at say Walmart at $20 a dozen the people shopping there for their golf balls would think it's a competitor of the Nike Mojo. They would stick to the Mojo because it's what they know and pass because they have never heard of Cut Golf and really don't care what eurathane means. A golf ball is a golf ball.

I think sitting on the shelf at say Walmart at $20 a dozen the people shopping there for their golf balls would think it's a competitor of the Nike Mojo. They would stick to the Mojo because it's what they know and pass because they have never heard of Cut Golf and really don't care what eurathane means. A golf ball is a golf ball.

What about sitting on the shelves at PGA Superstore or Roger Dunn Santa Ana (biggest retail in the US I believe).

If these were in local stores up here I would play it full time. Hope they do well.

Regarding going from a D2C model to retail, it’s not unheard of. Harry’s razors comes to mind now that they in target. On one hand, I think the price for retail is slightly higher (but I never compared). On the other hand, I do not have to wait for the product and am willing to pay a premium for that. But Harry’s would also save on some shipping costs.

Point being, I don’t think it’s all in all a terrible idea. Plus, seeing Cut balls next to the big names may give it some credibility by association for those who do not know what they are independently (not to say bad, but saying unfamiliar).

I haven't purchased a golf ball in a retail store in at least two years, not since I decided to stick with MTB. if they can get people to try them and see the performance then it may work. I am still surprised at how many people pay for Pro V's, Chrome soft and TP5 when these balls are just as good for half the price. Some people are just stuck on the name and won't budge. I can't imagine that the big retail stores will push any ball with a lower profit margin.

With price the same then yes it will naturally get the ball in more hands by just being available.

There are enough weekend warriors and others shopping retail to pick up a dozen here or there they woulsnt have sold online.

What about sitting on the shelves at PGA Superstore or Roger Dunn Santa Ana (biggest retail in the US I believe).

Although perhaps dealing with a more informed golf consumer I think it would still be more of the same. Outside of this Forum, I have never heard of Cut Golf. Now I am not saying I am the eyes and ears of everything golf. I just feel that without an aggressive ad campaign they will sit next to the Slazenger Money balls of the world and compete with that market.

I’ve been playing Cut balls for a few months now and I love them. I got wind they were doing this about a month ago and I’m glad it came to fruition. They usually come in loose sleeves even when ordering a dozen, so I’m looking forward to seeing how they will package these for retail.

I hope they have figured out what the compression of the balls are before going to retail...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back